• PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

Very helpful! Thank you.

• Poprini and Yabs2017 like this

Quit your Nicotine addiction NOW!!!

#43 QuitIsEasyDoneIt100x

QuitIsEasyDoneIt100x

Sink rate. Don't sink. Pull up! Pull up!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

bump :-P

• Jpop likes this

11/05/12
Keep on rocking that quit. headbanger.gif

Congratulations!  You have just discovered the secret text!  Have some cake. the_cake_is_a_lie_portal.jpg

Cigarettes are like squirrels - harmless until you put one in your mouth and set it on fire.

#44 Sgt.Sausage

Sgt.Sausage

9,999,999.99 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationCincinnati -ish

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

bump :-P

Nice. Bumping a pinned topic ...

Easy Peasy

The Sarge thinks it might make a difference - maybe a the bump shows in a "recent activity" log somewhere, bringing the thread to someone's attention ... maybe ... Wait one, will find out ...

EDIT: Nope:

M31PmRK.jpg

Edited by Sgt.Sausage, 08 March 2014 - 02:01 PM.

I am The Sarge

OECcZO4.png

Pack-and-a-half a day for 27+ years.
Cold Turkey: 17 November 2011 (The Great American Smokeout, 2011 )
The Sarge traded smoking for running. PRs: 3:59:57(26.2) 1:44:10(13.1) 40:23(10k) 33:03(5-mile) 19:04 (5k) 11:59(2-mile) 5:34(1-mile)

"I have said from day one – 'I did not quit to save my life, I quit to spend it better'

And this I have accomplished." -- Just John (jwg), Knight of Honor of The QSMB

#45 BuffyCat

BuffyCat

Clawed and Dangerous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,147 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-01-12
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

:mad:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"  ~  Patrick Hughes

"Buffy understands the Easy Peasy

You're gonna make it, Buffy the Cat.

Easy Peasy" - Sgt. Sausage

There is no Freedom without the Freedom to say NOPE

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2014

PROUD TO BE A 2014 AVENGER !! 

RELAPSES ARE NOT ACCIDENTS - THEY ARE CONSCIOUS DECISIONS

#46 Dalbert

Dalbert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • quitdate:
    03-12-14
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Hi All,

Newbie here. I noticed the other newbie forum was closed/locked so I wasn't sure where to post.

I haven't quit yet, my quit date is Wednesday, March 12th, 2014. I've been smoking since I was 14, trying to look cool and fit in.

If only I knew then what I know now....

My lungs will probably never heal but I may be able to live a couple of extra years if this quit sticks. Yes, I've quit several times, the longest being ~2 years.

That quit ended in Vegas, at a blackjack table with a waitress going around giving out free packs. I fell for the trick of telling myself I will only smoke that pack while in Vegas and then stop again. I had forgotten about how hard it was!

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the right place to make my first post. But I'm actually looking forward to Wednesday, not dreading it. I resolve not to make my non-smoking wife miserable with my irritation. (that's why I have all of you) <---just kidding.!

I've quit with the patch a few times (short lived quits) and a couple of times cold turkey. The cold turkey worked best for me, that was my 2 year quit. But the last few quits? Cold turkey didn't work. It's why I bought the patch. 21 mg, a 14 day supply. And Wednesday morning, I will put the first one on!

Good luck to anyone who quits but the best of luck to me! Yes, I'm being selfish but I deserve it. Or need it. : )

• amberdawn1616 likes this

#47 Sgt.Sausage

Sgt.Sausage

9,999,999.99 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationCincinnati -ish

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

Start a new thread to announce/introduce yourself, Dalbert.

More folks will see it. These pinned topics tend to get overlooked.

Your Las Vegas experience taught you the only thing you need to know: Not. One. Puff. Ever.

Ever.

Now put that to work and make it happen ...

Easy Peasy

I am The Sarge

OECcZO4.png

Pack-and-a-half a day for 27+ years.
Cold Turkey: 17 November 2011 (The Great American Smokeout, 2011 )
The Sarge traded smoking for running. PRs: 3:59:57(26.2) 1:44:10(13.1) 40:23(10k) 33:03(5-mile) 19:04 (5k) 11:59(2-mile) 5:34(1-mile)

"I have said from day one – 'I did not quit to save my life, I quit to spend it better'

And this I have accomplished." -- Just John (jwg), Knight of Honor of The QSMB

#48 Rebecca12

Rebecca12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Wonderfwall! PhwupCh! <--- The sound a whip makes! ;) I know I know lasso or lariat right?! Whatever PhwupCH is fun! Great post xoxo
  • Poprini likes this

#49 Rebecca12

Rebecca12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:39 AM

Whoops, I missed the end of Thor typing that, that'll teach me!.... it won't :)

#50 Poprini

Poprini

2012 Nosmo Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts
  • LocationThemyscira

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

I made this to celebrate people's all important 1 Year Anniversaries. Please feel free to use it :-)

The first person I gave it to was a lady called Beth who had struggled to stay quit, on and off for years and then finally nailed it. The day of her first "Anny" was a triumph!!! That day she was the Queen of the QSMB. 

qsmbee_zps48279e9a.jpg

• marciem likes this

Feed the addiction and it will stay. Starve it and it will leave.

Method: Educated Cold Turkey :: Quit 1 June 2012 :: My Journey: 1 day to 1 year

#51 Breatheasy2

Breatheasy2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,499 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:37 AM

I love that bumble bee Li!!

It will always remind me of the QSMB. :-)

• Poprini likes this

~Happily Quit and Free since 7 June 2012

#52 Jeni

Jeni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts
  • quitdate:
    04/03/13
  • LocationChester County, PA

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

I made this to celebrate people's all important 1 Year Anniversaries. Please feel free to use it :-)

The first person I gave it to was a lady called Beth who had struggled to stay quit, on and off for years and then finally nailed it. The day of her first "Anny" was a triumph!!! That day she was the Queen of the QSMB. 

qsmbee_zps48279e9a.jpg

With all due respect....someone owes me a bee!!!!

*** not that I didn't appreciate your lovely words! :)

#53 Poprini

Poprini

2012 Nosmo Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts
  • LocationThemyscira

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:57 AM

Jen it's funny you should say that ;) I was thinking about you earlier when I remembered the Bee but couldn't find your anni thread. I had to go check some emails and talk to a client and thought - I'll go back and find it later...

But I wasn't fast enough. Anyway here it is!!!! http://www.quitsmoki...-jeni/?p=807356

xox

Feed the addiction and it will stay. Starve it and it will leave.

Method: Educated Cold Turkey :: Quit 1 June 2012 :: My Journey: 1 day to 1 year

#54 Jeni

Jeni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts
  • quitdate:
    04/03/13

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:02 AM

Jen it's funny you should say that ;) I was thinking about you earlier when I remembered the Bee but couldn't find your anni thread. I had to go check some emails and talk to a client and thought - I'll go back and find it later...

But I wasn't fast enough. Anyway here it is!!!! http://www.quitsmoki...-jeni/?p=807356

xox

Aw...thanks, Li!!! :)

#55 zigzzagz

zigzzagz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

Hi. I'm pretty new here and just today I stopped being able to find the website here on my laptop which is what I've previously been using to access the site. So I tried my cell phone and internet explorer on the phone couldn't find this site either. I managed to get on here with chrome finally. Have any tips on how to get the site back for my laptop? Quit smoking is the only site I've ever found IE unable to resolve so I thought maybe you, the staff, have encountered this before perhaps. Hope you can help.

Zigz

quit  march 15 2014.......actually just a ballpark guess but I never thought to mark the date at the time of my quitting and I've got to use something tangible so march 15 it is.

#56 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,276 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

Hi. I'm pretty new here and just today I stopped being able to find the website here on my laptop which is what I've previously been using to access the site. So I tried my cell phone and internet explorer on the phone couldn't find this site either. I managed to get on here with chrome finally. Have any tips on how to get the site back for my laptop? Quit smoking is the only site I've ever found IE unable to resolve so I thought maybe you, the staff, have encountered this before perhaps. Hope you can help.

Zigz

Hey Zigzzagz... for the first time since I've been a member, the whole site was inaccessible for 3 1/2 to 4 hours today, I don't think it was you or your device or your browser at all.  Several friends who are members here also were unable to access the site, so we knew it wasn't just us as individuals.

Things seem ok now, you should be able to use your regular device and/or browser.

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png
image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2012
Honorary member of: 5a88dc8d35.png

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17                                                       

#57 Jeni

Jeni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts
  • quitdate:
    04/03/13

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

Zigz

Hey Zigzzagz... for the first time since I've been a member, the whole site was inaccessible for 3 1/2 to 4 hours today, I don't think it was you or your device or your browser at all.  Several friends who are members here also were unable to access the site, so we knew it wasn't just us as individuals.

Things seem ok now, you should be able to use your regular device and/or browser.

TJ made a statement in the post I made in Social "Apparently it was Lizi's doing?" I asked if he could also do it on the Main Board. He said one of their providers was down.

#58 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,276 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for the Info Jeni!  :)  .  It was disconcerting, I was trying to post a reply to ... somebody ... LOL, and it wouldn't take.  Of course I thought it was me at first, or my provider, or my browser... like Zig ... but contact with some friends told me that I wasn't the only one experiencing difficulties.

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png
image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2012
Honorary member of: 5a88dc8d35.png

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17                                                       

#59 biddy

biddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

HI Everyone, I amju a born again quitter, I am on my third serious attempt, I seem to have gotten stuck at one month  TWICE.  I haven't the last time gone back to smoking as many as pre quit, but none the less I was smoking, and telling myself, this is the last time, etc. Well earlier today I decided I was on a slippy slope and   decided this is it, I AM  not going to puff again. Wish me luck folks,  I know that I will have the weed sneak in at all opportunities. So far I am not using anything, but In case I get close to losing it, I have lozanges handy, . I hope to get three days without those if I can and get nicotine out of my system. Then it is get the  idea of smoking out of my head.

#60 SimonDunev

SimonDunev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

Hello ive just registered .... I want to quit smoking ... my throat hurts .. i cant run  and do sports with my friends... im f*****g 19 !!!  Ive been smoking for 2 years and ive noticed that even my skin is getting worse and worse ....  and with my studies the money i throw at cigs (with eu laws on cigs) is 2 much . I really want to stop .... and i have 3 cigs in my box now ... ill smoke them all  and that will be the last ! i will not smoke ever again ! hope  i can do it 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users