I quit by eating cat food.

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Liziloo_*

Guest_Liziloo_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

And you can too!  Why doesn't ANYONE seem to support me on this?  As far as I am concerned, eating cat food is safe.  After all, it doesn't say anywhere on the bag that it isn't.  There seem to be some people sticking their nose all up in my business now because I eat cat food and they don't "approve."  Of course there aren't any studies proving that eating cat food is safe.  Where would the money be in that?  It has to be a lot safer than smoking.  The ingredients are listed right on the bag, and they're SO specific.  Meat by products, crude animal protein, corn (Corn is a vegetable. It's healthy) rendered by product of beef heart, etc. etc.  Anyway, it's all safer than nicotine.  Now, there have been a few people that have died after eating cat food, but it was an off brand that I wouldn't trust.  The safest thing is to do is to make your own cat food, but if you can't do that, go with a trusted brand.  Feed it to your cat first, and make sure he's ok. At first you'll want to start with a bag a day (5 lbs) then work your way down as your withdrawals lessen.  Should you find yourself becoming dependent on cat food, you can wean yourself off by switching to an all tuna diet.  Again, don't do this forever, per se, just as long as you feel comfortable.  Now I'm sure someone is going to come along and tell me how my method is not as good as your method.  I'll probably get a warning point for going against the "quit police," but I just want you to know that there are other options out there.  They might kill you, but they are out there.  

(Disclaimer- This is satire.  I do not now, nor have I ever eaten cat food to quit smoking.  Since I quit smoking, I made a decision not to put anything in my body if I don't know what it is, and I recommend  others do the same)   

• breath, bakon, jimmy and 4 others like this

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:29 AM

I like :D

#3 Colleen.

Colleen.

Agent 10 Mayor Of The Splinter Group

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts
  • quitdate:
    06/02/2013
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

oopsie  :mrgreen:

Colleen cheerleader21.gif

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013     

"The best way out is always through"  R. Frost 

9c314d0c393eb19b27d6ecf71b856126.jpg

#4 Colleen.

Colleen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts
  • quitdate:
    06/02/2013
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

And you can too!  Why doesn't ANYONE seem to support me on this?  As far as I am concerned, eating cat food is safe.  After all, it doesn't say anywhere on the bag that it isn't.  There seem to be some people sticking their nose all up in my business now because I eat cat food and they don't "approve."  Of course there aren't any studies proving that eating cat food is safe.  Where would the money be in that?  It has to be a lot safer than smoking.  The ingredients are listed right on the bag, and they're SO specific.  Meat by products, crude animal protein, corn (Corn is a vegetable. It's healthy) rendered by product of beef heart, etc. etc.  Anyway, it's all safer than nicotine.  Now, there have been a few people that have died after eating cat food, but it was an off brand that I wouldn't trust.  The safest thing is to do is to make your own cat food, but if you can't do that, go with a trusted brand.  Feed it to your cat first, and make sure he's ok. At first you'll want to start with a bag a day (5 lbs) then work your way down as your withdrawals lessen.  Should you find yourself becoming dependent on cat food, you can wean yourself off by switching to an all tuna diet.  Again, don't do this forever, per se, just as long as you feel comfortable.  Now I'm sure someone is going to come along and tell me how my method is not as good as your method.  I'll probably get a warning point for going against the "quit police," but I just want you to know that there are other options out there.  They might kill you, but they are out there.  

(Disclaimer- This is satire.  I do not now, nor have I ever eaten cat food to quit smoking.  Since I quit smoking, I made a decision not to put anything in my body if I don't know what it is, and I recommend  others do the same)   

Lizi this is funny, for sure.  Although I would never give my cats anything with corn or by products in it.  I started my cat's on a healthy diet long before me.  One cat died of kidney failure and another suffers from FLUD.  I believe it is due to the dry "junk" food.  Still your post cracks me up!

#5 DiannaLynne

DiannaLynne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-11-30
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

OMG  this is so funny and just what I needed this morning.  Sometimes this whole quit smoking thing is just so serious that it's nice for someone to lighten the mood every now and then.

1d71ce5f28.png

#6 Guest_Liziloo_*

Guest_Liziloo_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Lizi this is funny, for sure.  Although I would never give my cats anything with corn or by products in it.  I started my cat's on a healthy diet long before me.  One cat died of kidney failure and another suffers from FLUD.  I believe it is due to the dry "junk" food.  Still your post cracks me up!

I am sorry to hear about your kitty :(  What brand of food do you use now?  I usually buy the Iams that has meat as the first ingredient.  None of them taste good to me though ;) 

#7 Colleen.

Colleen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts
  • quitdate:
    06/02/2013
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

Currently Instinct by Natures Variety, but I need to get away from the pate.

#8 jimmy

jimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,763 posts
  • quitdate:
    3/3/13
  • Locationcleburne texas

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

graphics-garfield-323774.gif

1. free-cool-smileys-268.gifc07cb18bad.pngz5vdtexo8.png 

#9 Kerri

Kerri

Nicotine Free & Loving Life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

And you can too!  Why doesn't ANYONE seem to support me on this?  As far as I am concerned, eating cat food is safe.  After all, it doesn't say anywhere on the bag that it isn't.  There seem to be some people sticking their nose all up in my business now because I eat cat food and they don't "approve."  Of course there aren't any studies proving that eating cat food is safe.  Where would the money be in that?  It has to be a lot safer than smoking.  The ingredients are listed right on the bag, and they're SO specific.  Meat by products, crude animal protein, corn (Corn is a vegetable. It's healthy) rendered by product of beef heart, etc. etc.  Anyway, it's all safer than nicotine.  Now, there have been a few people that have died after eating cat food, but it was an off brand that I wouldn't trust.  The safest thing is to do is to make your own cat food, but if you can't do that, go with a trusted brand.  Feed it to your cat first, and make sure he's ok. At first you'll want to start with a bag a day (5 lbs) then work your way down as your withdrawals lessen.  Should you find yourself becoming dependent on cat food, you can wean yourself off by switching to an all tuna diet.  Again, don't do this forever, per se, just as long as you feel comfortable.  Now I'm sure someone is going to come along and tell me how my method is not as good as your method.  I'll probably get a warning point for going against the "quit police," but I just want you to know that there are other options out there.  They might kill you, but they are out there.   (Disclaimer- This is satire.  I do not now, nor have I ever eaten cat food to quit smoking.  Since I quit smoking, I made a decision not to put anything in my body if I don't know what it is, and I recommend  others do the same)

So funny Liz. Thanks for the laugh!

NICOTINE FREE SINCE NOVEMBER 30TH, 2014, & LOVING IT!!!!!!!

If you have come to terms with your nicotine addiction there is no disputing the definition of "quitting".......it is crystal clear.

#10 bakon

bakon

Pea Brain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts
  • quitdate:
    9-24-12
  • LocationOwn World

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Just eat cats...too many around here anyways

Starting Now
Keep Marching.

#11 Guest_Liziloo_*

Guest_Liziloo_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:37 AM

Just eat cats...too many around here anyways

<---- I am a cat, Bakon!  Muhuahahahahaha!

#12 Beacon

Beacon

Peanut butter yumm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,724 posts
  • quitdate:
    9/6/2013
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

I just started to quit by using cat food but I am not sure how much to eat or what brand? Should I continue with the full flavor or step down to light right away? Also, why do some people get upset when people try to quit using canned cat food? I don't see anyone knocking quitting using the dry food. Aren't we here to support each other?
  • ********, BuffyCat, Shrub1122 and 1 other like this

event.png

My first post http://www.quitsmoki...hello-i-am-new/

Cats don't smoke! It's bad for their fur!

#13 Guest_Liziloo_*

Guest_Liziloo_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:02 AM

I just started to quit by using cat food but I am not sure how much to eat or what brand? Should I continue with the full flavor or step down to light right away? Also, why do some people get upset when people try to quit using canned cat food? I don't see anyone knocking quitting using the dry food. Aren't we here to support each other?

Yes, there are some real "anti c fooders" around here.  Depending on your lifestyle, I would go with more of an indoor/hairball/urinary tract health style dry food if you are sort of a "home body," and did a lot of smoking indoors. Go with an active/outdoor/kitten food if you were a lighter smoker, or were very active.  Ahh, canned food can get a bit tricky because there are just so many on the market nowadays.  People will tell you it's ok to just go with a $.25 cent store brand canned food, I think that may be what have killed some "c fooders" in the past, not sure though?? You're right though, Beacon, whichever cat food method you choose, I will support you!  As for stepping down, I would do it at your own pace, one week?  Eight years?  Whatever feels comfortable to you.  Some people switch completely from smoking to "c fooding" alltogether.  They don't even have to eat human food anymore.  How awesome is that ?! 

#14 andrew1966

andrew1966

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-08-12
  • Locationengland

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

yes i actually tried it today didnt taste to good but im sure ill get used to it eventually, however i couldnt believe my eyes this afternoon when i went into the lounge and found my cat sitting on the sofa watching tv and SMOKING MY CIGARETTES  so i will quit the cat food pronto lol.

#15 Colleen.

Colleen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts
  • quitdate:
    06/02/2013
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

Yes, there are some real "anti c fooders" around here.  Depending on your lifestyle, I would go with more of an indoor/hairball/urinary tract health style dry food if you are sort of a "home body," and did a lot of smoking indoors. Go with an active/outdoor/kitten food if you were a lighter smoker, or were very active.  Ahh, canned food can get a bit tricky because there are just so many on the market nowadays.  People will tell you it's ok to just go with a $.25 cent store brand canned food, I think that may be what have killed some "c fooders" in the past, not sure though?? You're right though, Beacon, whichever cat food method you choose, I will support you!  As for stepping down, I would do it at your own pace, one week?  Eight years?  Whatever feels comfortable to you.  Some people switch completely from smoking to "c fooding" alltogether.  They don't even have to eat human food anymore.  How awesome is that ?! 

I'm kind of caught in the middle though and need some guidance.  I was sort of lazy before I quit and now I am really active.  I mean just the other day I was having a conversation with my step-father and he said to me in the middle "Colleen can you stop moving around for just one minute?".  So, which type of cat food would be best for my new adopted lifestyle?

#16 Kerri

Kerri

Nicotine Free & Loving Life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

I noticed I started coughing up hair balls when I switched to canned. Stay away from canned---it is evil!!!

NICOTINE FREE SINCE NOVEMBER 30TH, 2014, & LOVING IT!!!!!!!

If you have come to terms with your nicotine addiction there is no disputing the definition of "quitting".......it is crystal clear.

#17 janjen

janjen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

LOL, to funny. Made my day.

Quit date: 12/31/2013

#18 breath

breath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • LocationWarwickshire

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

I'm a little kitten :shock:

i need big cats to help me learn :grin:

Relapse is like peeling an onion. TEARS!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it"

George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950}

NOPE stands for Not One Puff EVER....

It does not stand for......

Not One Puff EXCEPT...

The minimum requirement is maximum commitment....to NOPE

It takes many good decisions to make a good quit, and  only one bad one to lose it.

Quit 2nd October 2001.

#19 Beacon

Beacon

Peanut butter yumm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,724 posts
  • quitdate:
    9/6/2013
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:20 AM

I'm a little kitten :shock:
i need big cats to help me learn :grin:

:)

event.png

My first post http://www.quitsmoki...hello-i-am-new/

Cats don't smoke! It's bad for their fur!

#20 Colleen.

Colleen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts
  • quitdate:
    06/02/2013
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:32 AM

LMAO

rolypoly.gif