• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Mel Neville

Mel Neville

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:31 PM

I put on the patch for the first time yesterday due to having my tooth pulled out to avoid 'dry socket'
Anyway, I found it so hard to get to sleep I was figgitive all night. When I eventually fell asleep I woke up from the most terrifying thing. I felt a wet thing fall on my face almost like a wet cloth or something, I thought it was a bug or something and I jumped up out of my sleep at 4 am and hit myself in the face real hard.. right on the side where my tooth was pulled
I looked all over my bed and the floor for the bug but there was literally nothing.. it's true these vivid dreams it felt so real it was terrifying. I'm doing it again tonight so wish me luck. If anything falls on me tonight I'll let you's know

#22 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

Hi there Mel...

You might try taking off the patch before you go to bed, and maybe that will curtail such vivid dreams!  Have one at the ready to slap on when you awaken in the a.m.

• Jillar likes this
Quit Date 9/20/12
Posted Image
Posted Image
Honorary member of: Posted Image

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17

#23 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,288 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

Welcome Mel, I agree with Marcie. Seems I've read here that most people take them off when they go to bed. Congrats on the quit and I hope you stay quit after your dental issues are fixed :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#24 Gotenks420

Gotenks420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

Wow I had no idea how crazy patches could be till last night.... I dreamt that a virus took control of the world and killed SO MANY people... I was dying in the dream and was trying to get ahold of my mom so she could come see me and she couldn't make it in time...

#25 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,288 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:26 PM

Welcome Gotenks420, that is a scary dream! Why don't you take a minute and introduce yourself to everyone on the main board? There's a bunch of great people who would love to say hi :)

1zzrf54.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#26 Orca

Orca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:14 AM

I take the patch off last thing at night and put a fresh patch on first think in morning. My dreams are weird enough without the patches.

fd7749bcb2.png

And in the end

The love you take
Is equal to the love you make

#27 mkee0110

mkee0110

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:51 PM

ok, so two days ago, I had taken my patch off so I could smoke 1 cigarette (sometimes the craving STILL hits me after wearing the patch all day, but I'm down to 1 cigarette a day; woohoo!). I had stuck my patch to the side of a plastic cup and forgotten about it until last night when I saw it. Pulling it off the cup, I put it on my right arm thinking it wouldn't have an effect any longer but boy was I wrong. 

I am early in my recovery from alcohol/drugs. I have had some rough dreams here and there but last night surpassed all of my previous dreams, BY FAR. The dreams were so intense that, even when I was trying to pull out of my sleep this morning, my dreams kept sucking me right back into them. I had dreams of living in a huge, almost haunted, group mansion with other users (drinking and getting high). I was back with my ex who was cheating on me and, although we were living together again, I was alone for the most part. I was doing sexually perverse things, I was mean and nasty. At one point, my dad was in the dream and I was in my grandparents' house begging him for booze money and dope. Skipping forward, I went outside where a bunch of people were gathered and found tons of coins along the curbside of my parents' house and was super excited to have my booze money. I was pretty much feening for dope throughout the entire course of dreams. I was dark and miserable and consumed by cheating and self-absorbed things.

It was awful! Very interesting though because now I see that there are some deeply rooted things that need to be dealt with. It also just hit me that there are some things God's trying to show me pertaining to some dreams and messages I feel He's been trying to open my eyes to recently.

So, yeah. 

#28 Moominmumma

Moominmumma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-08-11
  • LocationSouth coast, UK

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

Omg I completely agree. I take mine off a few hours before bed but already I've had some crazy dreams! Dream 1 my daughter classmate won millions on the lottery and asked me to help her as she's under age and shouldn't have been playing it. Dream 2, saved a tiny bird from a swimming pool, it was so real I could feel its claws on my hand, then every time I went back in the pool the cutest and most gorgeous ginger cat swam towards me, I had to try and work out how I could take him home! Dream 3, suddenly realised I hadn't taken my patch off only to discover about 18 patches all over my body! Dream 4, my ex manager turned out to be a firefighter. Seriously I'd hate to see what they would be like if I left it on later!
  • Jillar and Rjg like this

Making this my sticky quit since 11.48am gmt Friday 11th August 2017!!!

1502447401_25_1_GBP_7_pinksec.png

30ksjlf.jpg

#29 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,288 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:34 PM

Those are crazy dreams moom! I loved my dreams when I took chantix and really missed them when I quit taking it.
  • Moominmumma likes this

1zzrf54.jpg

#30 Rjg

Rjg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-08-25

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:46 AM

Hello Mel, got to say when I used to wear them years ago, like Moomin I used to take mine off a good hour or 2 before bed . . Now and again very rarely i forgot and the dreams were unbeleivable.

1504850401_15_1_GBP_8_bluesec.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users