#1 wrighterdawn

wrighterdawn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

Ok guys! Most of you know that one of the side effects of using the patch is lucid dreaming so I thought this might be fun... For those of us using (or have used in the past) the nicotine patch to help us while we quit, let's share some of our crazy nicotine patch dreams! Keep in mind in most of my past quitting attempts I have taken off the patch at night but I forgot to night 1 this time and decided I wouldn't take it off at night just yet... Ok...

Last night I dreamed that a new co-worker of mine came to my family Christmas...then afterwards I decided I needed to do laundry at his house and we started making out until another co-worker came by to tell us we had a work emergency ( in the middle of the night no less!). We all then piled into my car which my fiance was magically driving and I had to try to hide my guilty face. Also...I was using an ancient cell phone...don't know why but it stuck out in my memory...oh! And there was a little dog who looked like she was made out of ground meat and her skin (no fur) was sticky and I wanted to take her home...it was WEIRD!

Ok...you go!
Wrighterdawn
"dont put things in your mouth and light them on fire" - from the infinite pool of wisdom of JWG

"A Mantra ? what in the world dose a sea cow have to do with quitting smoking
?"- another ripple in the infinite pool of wisdom of JWG

Orpheus ain't lookin' back no more!

NOPE!!!!!
Never take a smoke free day for granted.
Always protect today!

#2 pleasantswife

pleasantswife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,316 posts
  • LocationHedgesville WV

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

lol Yes they are wild dreams!! I had my fair share of them when I was on the patch. I can't remember any of them right now!!
Heather
On 9/26/10 at the age of 39 I had a mild heart attack due to a narrow artery. The only reason is smoking. No high BP, or cholesterol, or clots.

Posted Image

#3 wrighterdawn

wrighterdawn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

I had a great one the other night! I can't remember it well now but it had something to do with explosions and tiny motorcycles!
Wrighterdawn
"dont put things in your mouth and light them on fire" - from the infinite pool of wisdom of JWG

NOPE!!!!!
Always protect today!

#4 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

I've accidently fell asleep with them on in the past and wake up frantic. It's been awhile but they do provide some down right crazy dreams! :shock:

I took a nap with one on yesterday but didn't dream up anything crazy for the 1.5 hours that I did sleep. I make sure I take them off before bedtime though!!!

#5 Guest_JuneBug17_*

Guest_JuneBug17_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:02 AM

yea :lol: First of all I have have always been a vivid dreamer, so adding the patches too my already vivid dreams is like a dreamer on steriods :P
Ha Ha. I accidentally left my patch on the other night and boy did I wish I didn't. In my dream, I was with a old junior high friend from 30 years ago. We were outside on this football field when all these tornado's were coming everywhere. I was protecting my friend and suggested we take cover in this old seventies car. This F-5 tornado hit the car and we went up and down like a yo-yo. (it was hilarious). Then another tornado was in the distance and was headed our way. I grabbed my friends hand and guided her into a brick building. Then I realized that there were a bunch of tall file cabinets that were not bolted down on the floor. The tornado hit and the cabinets came crashing down. Lol. LOl...... What a great friend I was in that dream. That Poor girl. :D

#6 bmott

bmott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

I take my patch off a couple hours before I go to sleep. Last night I had another smoking dream where a bunch of us were out (which is funny because I hardly ever go out) and there was a cigarette on our table. So I picked it up and did the old, "one won't hurt". I thought I put it down but the dream fast forwarded and I had to ask my friends, "did I really smoke it" and they said no and I was relieved. The rest of my dreams were work dreams, unfortunately. It's the weekend, for crying out loud!
Posted Image

#7 cookielinda

cookielinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

I remember a couple that were like Mission Impossible vs. Under Siege. I love action movies and mine had bombs galore. The worst was a dream where I lit a cig, and before I inhaled, I said to myself, you don't smoke anymore and tossed the cig down and stomped on it with my barefoot. I could feel it burning and woke up rubbing my foot.
I promise you that a day will come when you will be comfortable in your own body. I promise you that a day will come when your brain will heal. Never take another puff. Your a puff away from a pack a day.
Quit date April 28, 2008

#8 wrighterdawn

wrighterdawn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

Bahahahaha!!!! :lol:
Those were some good ones!
I wish I could say I had any the last couple of nights but, alas, the magic seems to be wearing off. Maybe tonight I will have a visit from the nicotine patch sand man and have something good to post here again!

NOPE!!!!!
Always protect today!

#9 wrighterdawn

wrighterdawn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

had a weird one last night...
I was watching a show about hoarders and saw a friend of mine from grade school living in a tiny trailer about the size of my living room with his wife and two kids... he had like 100 animals in there too. I tracked him down and asked him if I could help. He got really mad at me and said he didn't have a problem and then we wound up making out... I don't know why I always end up making out with people in my dreams...

NOPE!!!!!
Always protect today!

#10 cclay

cclay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

O.K. I'll play. I had a dream where I spent the entire night fixing stuff. And then people that I knew started popping up out of nowhere with cigarettes in their mouths. They would pop out of closets, out of the attick access, through the windows and from other rooms. They kept offering me a cigarette and every time I said "No thanks", they looked at me like I was insane! The last thing I remember is someone popping up out of the floor right in front of me with an extra cigarette already lit for me. I ran!!

#11 BostonGuy

BostonGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

Bump!

Last night I dreamed I was in middle school on the school bus. I sat next to my best friend(still my best friend today). The bus was going crazy throwing stuff at the driver, fighting. Oddly enough I felt I was the instigator of everything. I was smokin butts and drinking wine on the bus while everyone was telling me i would get in trouble. I looked up at the bus driver to see if he spotted my rebelious work and to my suprise he took out a bottle of gin and started drinking it as he continued driving the bus. After a while he started to pour cocktails for himself and got so drunk he stopped the bus in the middle of the road and passed out!

LOL i am on day 4 with the patch and yes I sleep with it

#12 Guest_Min75_*

Guest_Min75_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:43 PM

Dreaming of smoking is a common theme!
I think I spent half of last night dreaming and believe me, it wasn't very restful - at one point I went for a run with my (extremely fit) father and brother. For some reason I could keep up with them.
I definitely dreamt of smoking but didn't actually light up. It would be nice to have a break from thinking about cigarettes for a few hours :?

#13 lorlie

lorlie

• NEWLY_REGISTERED
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

I have been quit 4 days of today and I have had some weird dreams. The most weird was I was being chased by killer frogs !

#14 bloodykisses80

bloodykisses80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

I have had crazy dreams everynight ive been on the patch which is like the past 3 nights. I remember 2 of my dreams. The first I remember is my husband ignoring me for and ICP concert that was in a rich hotel for 2 days and I ended up getting mad and going to a water slide that magically appeared and there was no water in it so I got road rash on my heiny lmao. Then lastnight I dreamed me and my husband had a red headed baby, keep in mind we both have black hair lol. That wasnt the strangest part, the baby came out not crying, but wanted a chicken leg, and walked to the table to eat it. My grandma which died like a month ago was in the dream yelling at us to stop playing the video games because we were gonna wake the baby and im like wtf, the baby is at the table eating a chicken leg lmao, and right before I woke up my husband looks at me and says... I think something is wrong with our baby... lmao im like YA THINK? hahahaha I cant wait to see what I dream tonight. This is getting funny :D
  • Rjg likes this

#15 Michigander

Michigander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Oh my goodness! The crazy dreams! I've had them since I've been on the patch. In one dream, there was a crazy animal in a tree in my backyard. It was a hedgehog, but it had a monkey face and its legs were the legs of a stuffed animal elephant. In another dream, my sister somehow fit into a RC race car and was zooming around in circles yelling WOOHOO!

#16 Michigander

Michigander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Oh my goodness! The crazy dreams! I've had them since I've been on the patch. In one dream, there was a crazy animal in a tree in my backyard. It was a hedgehog, but it had a monkey face and its legs were the legs of a stuffed animal elephant. In another dream, my sister somehow fit into a RC race car and was zooming around in circles yelling WOOHOO!

#17 Merson

Merson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • LocationMilton Keynes, England

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

I love crazy dreams such as those you describe. Goodness it seems like an eternity to me that I was on the patch (June) and I remember praying every night for them to work, or rather get me through the first month of my quit. In one of my dreams I was directing traffic in Central London wearing an Arsenal football kit! :)

#18 mateo384

mateo384

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationDaytona Beach, Florida

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

i've used the patch and the nightmares were too horrendous and I ended up ripping it off. I should've just taken it off at night. How stupid of me. But the dreams I had were colorful, 3-dimentional, and I woke up terrified! :shock: That being said, while I was on the patch, I didn't smoke even one.

#19 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011
  • LocationLiving with the Amish

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Its nice to see you once again, weren't you using an e cig last yr?? Whatever all that matters is you're here & using a patch to get smoke free-cool deal. :D

#20 mortuk_1138

mortuk_1138

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

I had one the other night where I was in a zoo, but instead of looking at animals, you had to shoot them - i ended up in the lion cage with an ak47 and killed two lions, which annoyed others as they wanted to kill them. Then i was walking past all the empty cages when someone started shouting at me for urinating on his shoes - weird

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users