#41 soul

soul

PAY IT FORWARD ~ ETQ ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,490 posts
  • quitdate:

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

Hayes, welcome to the forum.congrats on your decision to change!

FYI the page where you posted is seldom replied to........it's more like an information and education page.......... come on down to the main board, start a new thread and let us know how you are doing...i am afraid that most people willm iss your post in here!

Again, welcome and take some time to get used to the forum!

I am a puff away from a pack a day!!

SOUL

#42 kinkash

kinkash

I once was blind, but now I see

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,936 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

I'm a newbie. Joined yesterday and I'm on day three-cold turkey. I have a very bad headache today, but I've been reading the posts to keep me going.
When the student is ready...The teacher will appear-Soul
Fear of the quit is worse than the quit-Cookielinda
When you stop buying cig......You start paying for your addiction - jwg

Smoking is not some friend that brings you comfort. It is the Enemy that wants to kill you!
1330426800_20_1_USD_7_default.png

#43 sparkling

sparkling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts
  • quitdate:
    2011-03-09
  • LocationMudgeeraba, Gold Coast, Australia

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

Welcome to the qsmb kinkash,

Grab the newbie package here and visit http://www.whyquit.com and read all you can because knowledge of the addiction smoking creates is extremely important and one of the keys to success along with support from people if you can find some, family if possible and a message board like this. You'll need will power initially as well. You need to quit more than you want to smoke. Physical cravings go on for a week or so and then drop away. Over time the game is a mind game and you'll need to identify everything that triggers you to smoke and alter your mental responses and or remove the trigger. You can write all the triggers down but you'll experience new ones over different seasons of the year too.

Posted Image

Early on drink plenty of water each day as it helps remove the toxins from your body. Drink juice to help replace the lost vitamin c. Eat some bananas as they replace the lost potassium. When you get a craving BREATHE DEEPLY which will help immensely, change your activity during cravings and never ever forget that one puff is too much! Stick close to this board and post when you need to. You can do this!

Our body's ability to mend is beauty to behold ...

Within ...

20 minutes
Your blood pressure, pulse rate, and the temperature of your hands and feet will all return to normal.
8 hours
Remaining nicotine in your bloodstream will have fallen to 6.25% of normal peak daily levels, a 93.25% reduction.
12 hours
Your blood oxygen level will have increased to normal and carbon monoxide levels will have dropped to normal.
24 hours
Anxieties peak in intensity and within two weeks should return to near pre-cessation levels.
48 hours
Damaged nerve endings have started to regrow and your sense of smell and taste are beginning to return to normal. Cessation anger and irritability peaks.
72 hours
Your entire body will test 100% nicotine-free and over 90% of all nicotine metabolites (the chemicals it breaks down into) will now have passed from your body via your urine. Symptoms of chemical withdrawal have peaked in intensity, including restlessness. The number of cue induced crave episodes experienced during any quitting day will peak for the "average" ex-user. Lung bronchial tubes leading to air sacs (alveoli) are beginning to relax in recovering smokers. Breathing is becoming easier and the lungs functional abilities are starting to increase.
5 - 8 days
The "average" ex-smoker will encounter an "average" of three cue induced crave episodes per day. Although we may not be "average" and although serious cessation time distortion can make minutes feel like hours, it is unlikely that any single episode will last longer than 3 minutes. Keep a clock handy and time them.
10 days
10 days - The "average ex-user is down to encountering less than two crave episodes per day, each less than 3 minutes.
10 days to 2 weeks
Recovery has likely progressed to the point where your addiction is no longer doing the talking. Blood circulation in our gums and teeth are now similar to that of a non-user.
2 to 4 weeks
Cessation related anger, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, impatience, insomnia, restlessness and depression have ended. If still experiencing any of these symptoms get seen and evaluated by your physician.
21 days
Brain acetylcholine receptor counts up-regulated in response to nicotine's presence have now down-regulated and receptor binding has returned to levels seen in the brains of non-smokers.
2 weeks to 3 months
Your heart attack risk has started to drop. Your lung function is beginning to improve.
3 weeks to 3 months
Your circulation has substantially improved. Walking has become easier. Your chronic cough, if any, has likely disappeared.
1 to 9 months
Any smoking related sinus congestion, fatigue or shortness of breath have decreased. Cilia have regrown in your lungs thereby increasing their ability to handle mucus, keep your lungs clean, and reduce infections. Your body's overall energy has increased.
1 year
Your excess risk of coronary heart disease, heart attack and stroke has dropped to less than half that of a smoker.
5 to 15 years
Your risk of stroke has declined to that of a non-smoker.
10 years
Your risk of being diagnosed with lung cancer is between 30% and 50% of that for a continuing smoker (2005 study). Risk of death from lung cancer has declined by almost half if you were an average smoker (one pack per day). Your risk of pancreatic cancer has declined to that of a never-smoker (2011 study), while risk of cancer of the mouth, throat and esophagus has also declined.
13 years
Your risk of smoking induced tooth loss has declined to that of a never-smoker (2006 study).
15 years
Your risk of coronary heart disease is now that of a person who has never smoked.
20 years
Female excess risk of death from all smoking related causes, including lung disease and cancer, has now reduced to that of a never-smoker (2008 study). Risk of pancreatic cancer reduced to that of a never-smoker (2011 study).

... so long as we stop while still time!
  • Gina36 and Mariemc like this
event.png
515514a650.png

#44 masterandrew88949

masterandrew88949

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

Great info! Smoked my last cig today, hopefully.... Just need to find some new daily rituals to replace things such as lighting up right after work.

#45 Markus

Markus

Time Is Running Out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

:idea:

#46 tammyrivera03

tammyrivera03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

This Joel's page is so great. I read a page or two each day. I am thankful for this info. It really keeps me in check. :D
Tammy
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 greenlight

greenlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

This is fantastic, thanks ever so much for this topic! :D
Posted Image

#48 Vennessa87

Vennessa87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationGrindstone, Pennsylvania

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

This is so awesome!

That's all I can say right now, is.... this is awesome!
Hang Tough, Don't Puff!

#49 MegzApple

MegzApple

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

I've been trying to post and for some reason, none of my posts are showing up...and I going to be able to communicate on here??

#50 Agent99

Agent99

Keeperbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  • quitdate:
    05/24/2012
  • LocationUnder the Sea

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

I've been trying to post and for some reason, none of my posts are showing up...and I going to be able to communicate on here??

Welcome to the board! Yes, you will be able to post. It takes some time when you first register for your posts to show. I see you have found the newbie package. A very good read. Post on the main board as that is the one that gets the most traffic. Hope to "see" you around :D :D

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2012

4f8vpao0z.png

Bi_Girl_Cheerleaders.gifGo Quitters!!!

#51 m&m

m&m

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hello everyone I smoked my last cigarette yesterday and its been 24hrs without a puff :)
I hope I am posting in the right place :?:

#52 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

No, you won't get much response here. Post on the main message board. I am so happy to see you have made yesterday your quit date! Just think, you'll never have to go through those first 24 hours again. Become involved here, it really, really helps. Even if you just want to "lurk around" for awhile and read other people's stories. But it also helps to help and all the "newbies", myself included, are going through pretty much of the same stuff, so sharing experiences is a great thing!

#53 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

m&m, just to clarify, go to the quit smoking main board and post under "new topic" if you want to post a general post like you did. Just give it a subject title and it will show up as a new post, not get lost in another thread.

#54 m&m

m&m

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

Thanks

#55 ladybugslt

ladybugslt

• NEWLY_REGISTERED
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

Thank you very much for that. Im a newbie and very nervous about this step. Healthy as I know it is, its such a change. Good to know that help is an SOS away. :D

#56 FreedomGirl

FreedomGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

Glad you are here ladybugsIt! Have you started your quit? Tell us more about you - we are here to help you along in the most important decision you have ever made. WELCOME!!! :D
[url]Posted Image[/url]

#57 kinkash

kinkash

I once was blind, but now I see

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,936 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

Deleted
When the student is ready...The teacher will appear-Soul
Fear of the quit is worse than the quit-Cookielinda
When you stop buying cig......You start paying for your addiction - jwg

Smoking is not some friend that brings you comfort. It is the Enemy that wants to kill you!
1330426800_20_1_USD_7_default.png

#58 aresing

aresing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationNanYang,China

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

thanks for my poor English, i think i need a whole day to study on the huge materials

#59 time2doit

time2doit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hi Everyone,
Today is my day to quit, or better yet escape from smoking! I just smoked my last cigarette, coughed and coughed some more. I am totally sick of smoking. I think this time is it. I have tried the patch only to fail. I have tried Chantix but it made me crazy with nightmares and sleeping problems. Anyway, I am going to use the commit lozenge for 3 days and then stop taking those to totally be free. Wish me luck! I really want to feel better and not choke down stupid cigarettes. Quit Day Sunday January 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM. I will keep posting to let you know how I'm doing! Thanks everyone!
Brad

#60 Marvitta

Marvitta

Free & Healing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,135 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Hi Everyone,
Today is my day to quit, or better yet escape from smoking! I just smoked my last cigarette, coughed and coughed some more. I am totally sick of smoking. I think this time is it. I have tried the patch only to fail. I have tried Chantix but it made me crazy with nightmares and sleeping problems. Anyway, I am going to use the commit lozenge for 3 days and then stop taking those to totally be free. Wish me luck! I really want to feel better and not choke down stupid cigarettes. Quit Day Sunday January 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM. I will keep posting to let you know how I'm doing! Thanks everyone!
Brad

Clink the link. I re posted your message. :)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48552
  • Holski likes this
(I started about age six and smoked over fourty years.... anyone can quit!)

Smoke & Nicotine free since 7/19/2011
~~~~The Day I Quit!~~~~

If You Are Going Though Hell, Keep Going ~ Winston S. Churchill
~~One Foot In Front Of The Other Gets You Where Your Going~~

~~~~~Life is What Happens When You Are Making Other Plans~~~~~ John Lennon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users