23 replies to this topic

#1 avian3

avian3

Mellow Yellow

• Administrators
  • 14,597 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

.... with your ct scan or did I miss the news?

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#2 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,523 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:19 PM

She posted on the 10th that it was scheduled for Friday.... I've been guessing that she meant this upcoming Friday, not the day she posted about it.

• kinkash likes this

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png
 image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2012
   Honorary member of:  5a88dc8d35.png             

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking      jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17

#3 avian3

avian3

Mellow Yellow

• Administrators
  • 14,597 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:24 PM

oh, okay. Thanks!

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#4 kinkash

kinkash

I once was blind, but now I see

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,930 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

oh, okay. Thanks!

It's Friday
  • Frank and Dors67 like this
When the student is ready...The teacher will appear-Soul
Fear of the quit is worse than the quit-Cookielinda
When you stop buying cig......You start paying for your addiction - jwg

Smoking is not some friend that brings you comfort. It is the Enemy that wants to kill you!

<
1330603200_20_1_USD_5_default.png

#5 avian3

avian3

Mellow Yellow

• Administrators
  • 14,597 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

It's Friday

Thank you! Good to know!  :)

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#6 Dors67

Dors67

Avenger 2014 :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,465 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-03-07
  • LocationCyberLand

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:00 AM

Hope all goes well Deb x
  • kinkash likes this

image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2014

event.png

2014 AVENGER  2j3342d.jpg     victory.gif

#7 4Vaska

4Vaska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-12
  • LocationCalgary and Yellowknife

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:02 AM

hoping things go well for your scan! xxx

• kinkash likes this

1463043600_5_1_USD_5.00_default.png

#8 kinkash

kinkash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,930 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

Well had the scan yesterday. Surprised at how simple the test was given the copay amount. The report will be sent to the doc on Monday. Will update you when I get the results!
  • avian3 and happycat like this

Smoking is not some friend that brings you comfort. It is the Enemy that wants to kill you!

<

#9 avian3

avian3

Mellow Yellow

• Administrators
  • 14,597 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:13 AM

Please, let us know as soon as you know.

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#10 kinkash

kinkash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,930 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:56 PM

Praise God I got the all clear call just a minute ago. They did find I have an enlarged Thyroid which will require further testing. Thank you for your thoughts, messages, and prayers.
xoxo
Deb
  • avian3, Jude59, marciem and 9 others like this

<

#11 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,033 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:58 PM

Praise God I got the all clear call just a minute ago. They did find I have an enlarged Thyroid which will require further testing. Thank you for your thoughts, messages, and prayers.
xoxo
Deb

Wonderful news!  So glad to hear!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#12 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,523 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:34 PM

xoxo
Deb

I love this!!  Quick results and all clear.... BEAUTIFUL!!

xoxoxo

(my first scan I never heard until weeks later when I went to the doc ... Second time I made sure to get results hot off the press!)

• kinkash likes this

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png

Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking      jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17

#13 Kathleen0515

Kathleen0515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • LocationDown by the River

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

xoxo
Deb

Now that news is worth every penny of your co pay!! As for your thyroid, good to get the further tests but I'm guessing things will turn out just fine. I don't think a scan has been done on anyone where something out of the normal range hasn't been picked up lol! If only we were all "normal"  :wink: .

• kinkash likes this

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2012

phpus0IwXPM1_zps54aa894a.jpg"

"Grammy, why are you putting smoke in your body?"

I stopped putting smoke in my body on June 28, 2012. 

#14 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,523 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:47 PM

I'm surprised to hear there is any co-pay at all.  It might be worth looking further into

http://www.lung.org/...1-No-Copay.html

There IS the little trick phrase "non-grandfathered"... otherwise all are required to cover it without copay.

Individuals at High Risk Should Get Screened for Lung Cancer Coverage with no cost sharing will be available to many at high risk starting January 1, 2015.

(December 18, 2014) - Chicago, IL

For the first time ever, starting January 1, individuals who are at high risk for developing lung cancer may be eligible for screening at no out-of-pocket cost.  Most people with private insurance, individuals who are enrolled in their state health insurance marketplaces and people enrolled in state Medicaid expansion will be eligible for early detection screening without cost to them.

Patients considered to be high risk and potentially eligible for screening are 55 through 80 years of age; have a 30 pack-year history of smoking (this means 1 pack a day for 30 years, 2 packs a day for 15 years, etc.); and are a current smoker, or have quit within the last 15 years.  Screening people at high risk has the potential to save more than 13,000 lives a year. 

“Individuals who meet the high risk criteria should talk with their doctors about being screened,” said Harold P. Wimmer, National President and CEO.  “No one deserves lung cancer and that’s why the American Lung Association is working to let everyone know that early detection screening will be available without additional out-of-pocket costs January 1 for people at high risk.” 

In December 2013, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) awarded a “B” grade to annual low-dose CT screening for individuals at high risk for lung cancer.  Under the Affordable Care Act, effective prevention measures – graded A or B – are included in the Essential Health Benefit.   Individuals who are enrolled in state health marketplace plans, enrolled in Medicaid-expansion programs and those with non-grandfathered private insurance plans who meet the screening criteria will have insurance coverage for screening without co-payments or other barriers starting January 1, 2015 or the beginning of their next plan year.  The American Lung Association has created a chart to help explain this coverage. The Lung Association also created a checklist for individuals to use when calling their insurance companies to determine if they are eligible for screening with no cost.

• kinkash and Jillar like this

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png

#15 Dianecz

Dianecz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-11-09
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

So, so happy for you, sending love x

• kinkash likes this

5vbuwn.jpgimage.png?base_img=1&size=1&date_yr=2016

event.png

#16 kinkash

kinkash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,930 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

I can't do all that fancy quoting like Marci, but yes I'm grateful I had the test. Kats been on us a couple of years now, but since I'm the baby in the bunch ( lol-Baby Huey-just 57 in 10 days)... I waited. Once I talk to sissy and Kat I knew it couldn't wait. It's surreal how this place, these friends , got us to this post. My copay was over 400 but it was worth every penny. Idk what the tyroid thing is about( can I use it as an excuse for weight gain), but another plus from having the test imo.
  • marciem, Kathleen0515, 4Vaska and 1 other like this

<

#17 johnny5

johnny5

2014 Avenger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,876 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-11-16
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:00 PM

I'm really happy to hear the good news, Debby.

• kinkash likes this

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. - Marvitta

I didn't quit smoking to live longer, I did it to live better. - jwg

de02cc7190.png

2j3342d.jpg

#18 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,975 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:12 PM

Yes, that is another plus kinkash :) You'll probably sleep good tonight!! :)
  • kinkash likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

5vbuwn.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years
QuitWe say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#19 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,523 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:28 AM

I can't do all that fancy quoting like Marci, but yes I'm grateful I had the test. Kats been on us a couple of years now, but since I'm the baby in the bunch ( lol-Baby Huey-just 57 in 10 days)... I waited. Once I talk to sissy and Kat I knew it couldn't wait. It's surreal how this place, these friends , got us to this post. My copay was over 400 but it was worth every penny. Idk what the tyroid thing is about( can I use it as an excuse for weight gain), but another plus from having the test imo.

God is good!!

You and me too will sleep better tonite!!  I'm so happy!!!

Yah, blame it on the thyroid... and is definitely worth checking out.  Mine showed some thyroid nodules, which I'm also getting checked.  They didn't "light up" on the PET scan, so there's no concern about cancer.

• kinkash likes this

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png

#20 kinkash

kinkash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,930 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:46 AM

God is good!!

You and me too will sleep better tonite!!  I'm so happy!!!

Yah, blame it on the thyroid... and is definitely worth checking out.  Mine showed some thyroid nodules, which I'm also getting checked.  They didn't "light up" on the PET scan, so there's no concern about cancer.

Lol...you made the font bold and extra large....see what I mean! Yes we will sleep good tonight. I didn't even google enlarged thyroid because I had enough news for the day. I spent time " fishing" for potential quitters. Damn I wish I could wave a wand and show them how much they'll love the freedom from addiction. Oh well

Night sis
xoxo
  • marciem and Jillar like this

<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users