6 replies to this topic

#1 dotchess

dotchess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:38 AM

I am nervous about quitting. I have smoked for 30 years!
I take an anti depressant but my Doctor says give Chantix a shot!
I have the box and just keep staring at it. I plan to start Chantix Monday.

Question
What should I set my quit date to be if I start Taking it Monday?

Please pray for me guys! I really want to stop feeling like crap from smoking so much.
I can tell cigs have finally worn me down. I feel like heck when I smoke.

I am ready.

#2 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:13 AM

Welcome dotchess, please introduce yourself to the main board. These sub forums don't get a lot of views and you'll get a lot more feedback there :) As far as your question, you pick the date I believe between day five and thirty five if I remember correctly. Each person is different so you'll probably hear a bunch of different quit dates but you will notice a pretty good reduction in wanting a cigarette after taking the chantix :)
  • Smokefreetoday likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

5vbuwn.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years
QuitWe say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#3 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,179 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

Welcome to the board!  I agree you should introduce yourself on the Main Board where more people will "see" you.  I quit on the 13th day after I started Chantix.  I did not set a quit date when I started taking it, I just waited until I felt ready.  Congratulations on your decision to quit!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#4 Smokefreetoday

Smokefreetoday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,453 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-10
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

Welcome dotchess! Congratulations on taking your first step!  Step by step you will do this and then things will just get better!  All the best my friend... http://www.quitsmoki...g-is-a-journey/

• Jillar likes this

#5 beazel

beazel

Emotional Wreck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-14
  • LocationPandora

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:19 PM

Hi dotchess, I too am very new to the quit. I'm sure we will get much needed support here. My Uncle Jack always said "you'll get used to hanging if you do it long enough".Lol

Best Wishes to you!

• Jillar likes this

2iijyuf.pngTweenie

QSMB - "The Wind Beneath My Wings"

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017 smileys-waving-606884.gif

on the other side of fear lies freedom

In the world of addiction, we leave "normal" behind.  - Mike Piano  

Would be a shame for a second's weakness to undo all this hard work. - sgraye                                                              

#6 dsuppes

dsuppes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-11

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:29 AM

Hi Dotchess,

Welcome.  I think many of us were afraid when we first were going to quit. I also did not set a quit date and let the date pick me.  Don't remember exactly but pretty sure it was around the 21st day.  Good luck!  You can do it!

• Jillar likes this

1468267200_30_1_USD_5_default.png

#7 Wana

Wana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-12-22
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

Welcome Dotchess. I was kind of like you in that I had the Chantix for a while before I decided to jump. I didn't set a quit date when I started the Chantix, I just thought I'd know when I was ready to quit. The Chantix made me nauseous, so after 7 days I decided to stop smoking and on the 11th day I stopped taking Chantix. The real secret is your true desire to quit smoking. That's what will get you in the race and keep you going. The Chantix certainly did help me lose the desire to smoke, but it's really up to us to do the rest. You can do it!! Fight for it!!
  • Jillar likes this

1450746000_20_1_USD_7.2_default.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users