Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-11-09
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:41 PM

I need a ticker in my life, I adore statistics and make spreadsheets for everything, it has to be said that my smoking spreadsheet graph is a bit boring but only because I have been a non smoker for 2 months!

However, I digress, I have tried everything to get my ticker, I would like one of those that tells me how many cigarettes I have avoided, how long I have been quit and how much money I have saved.

But if I click on a Ticker factory ticker it seems to not do anything for smokers, if I wanted info on ovulation, pregnancy, days till my holiday, etc I would be in ticker heaven! On the odd occasion when I have found a non smoking ticker and filled in the info, it then gives me 3 boxes of addresses, and if I copy and paste these into my signature box all that comes up is a load of text. I have got the 2016 logo in my signature box but that was just a simple copy and paste. I am using my laptop, think smoking may have killed off rather too many brain cells...please be easy on me, love and hugs, Diane   

• jukebox likes this

5vbuwn.jpgimage.png?base_img=1&size=1&date_yr=2016

event.png

#2 Jenboo07

Jenboo07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-01-02
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:53 PM

Click on my ticker and fill in your info, then create, then copy the url for message boards and paste that into your signature
I too was so confused, but Jillar helped me!!
  • jukebox and onthemark like this
1483333200_12_1_USD_11_dark.png

#3 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationRight Here!

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:57 PM

Hi Diane, just pick a members ticker you like, click on it and it will take you to an external site, create it then copy the url for message boards. Come back here and paste it into your signature. If you are stilll having trouble, Nancy or Avian can maybe do it for you. Hope that helps :)

1464498000_15_1_USD_5.68_default.png

5vbuwn.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years Quit
We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#4 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 11,749 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

Diane, the ticker does not appear until you click Save Changes.  Detailed instructions, below.

You make your own ticker...If you want one similar my top one click on mine, it will take you to the Ticker Factory website. Click All Tickers on the right, and then Event under Wedding, Birthday, Anniversary, and you can choose your own wording, etc.   You enter your information and create your ticker.  Then, copy the address they give you.  Come back here and click on My Profile (in drop down by your name) and the click Edit Profile.  Select signature on the left side, and then paste the address in the signature box.  When you click Save Changes the ticker appears!  

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#5 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 11,749 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:19 PM

To get the info you requested, try these instructions:

If you want one similar my bottom one go to

Tina's Quit Meter

Create your ticker, and instead of copying the address, right click on the ticker and Copy Image, and then come paste in signature box.  Lots of us have two tickers because we like the pretty top one, but like that the bottom one keeps track of the cigs we have not smoked and the money.  I hope this helps!

Nancy

event.png

The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric

#6 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationRight Here!

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:22 PM

To get the info you requested, try these instructions:

If you want one similar my bottom one go to

Tina's Quit Meter

Create your ticker, and instead of copying the address, right click on the ticker and Copy Image, and then come paste in signature box.  Lots of us have two tickers because we like the pretty top one, but like that the bottom one keeps track of the cigs we have not smoked and the money.  I hope this helps!

^^LIKE^^

• Dianecz likes this

5vbuwn.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#7 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationRight Here!

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:32 PM

Nice ticker diane :)

• Dianecz likes this

5vbuwn.jpg

#8 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 11,749 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

Woo Hoo!  You did it and it looks great!!

Nancy

event.png

#9 Dianecz

Dianecz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-11-09
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

Thank you Thank you Thank you!  I am now in ticker heaven  !

• Nancy., eeyore and jukebox like this

5vbuwn.jpgimage.png?base_img=1&size=1&date_yr=2016

event.png

#10 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationRight Here!

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:14 PM

And look at that over three hundred saved already! Nice :)
  • Dianecz likes this

5vbuwn.jpg

#11 jukebox

jukebox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-28
  • LocationPauls Valley, Oklahoma

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:59 AM

good for you Diane...it's a nice ticker. really helps me to be able to see the results on the tickers.

• Jillar and Dianecz like this

1488301200_40_1_USD_3.90_default.png

#12 Dogwoman29

Dogwoman29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • quitdate:
    2010-01-01
  • LocationRochester NH

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:14 AM

quitnet.com had a great one but they changed the site and took chat away so Dave and I left.  It would pop up and tell you how many ciggs you didnt smoke and how many days hours min and seconds you had smoke free . I wish this site would set this up as I think its super help for the first few years

• Dianecz likes this

#13 Dogwoman29

Dogwoman29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • quitdate:
    2010-01-01
  • LocationRochester NH

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:18 AM

Love this!! Its so great to be smoke free