• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 and_quit!

and_quit!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:03 AM

My first post on this forum. Stumbled upon it looking for some information and realized how many people are suffering trying to quit. I have been a hardcore smoker for 13 years, smoked about 20 a day. Tried every trick I could find to quit but my addiction outdid the will. A friend of mine just passively suggested this book - a lot of you may have heard of it - 'Easy way to quit smoking' by Allen Carr. What a genius this man is! I'll grant you it did not work in the first attempt. I figured if it's this easy to quit, I can do it again and puffed away. So that was stupid but I've finally quit and I know for a fact that I'm never smoking again in this lifetime. The astonishing part is I'm not missing it one bit. In fact, I'm enjoying the whole process - what a feeling it is to know I won't have to serve my addiction ever again. Quitting smoking is easy, you just need to know how. So here's my advice to you, and I couldn't stress it enough, please get hold of this book! I downloaded mine somewhere off the internet. Not cool, but I was in a hurry. Happy quitting! Cheers!
  • Crismiranda likes this

#2 Denver Mike

Denver Mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBangladesh

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:58 PM

Hello and welcome into this great board. It's not a good sound that you are smoking at the tender age. Though you are at 13 but you started. Sounds is really bad to me. And I would like suggest to quit it asap. However, there are lot's of alternative methods to quit smoking naturally. You can follow one of those. Also you can follow here to get few better ideas how to quit 

All the best!

#3 Crismiranda

Crismiranda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:06 AM

Hello. Im new here. I bought Allen Carr's book too. I've read it about 3 or 4 times. I've watched the movie too. Even more times. And here I am. Smoking. I feel miserable. For more than a month now, i've been researching and learning about tobacco. But.. That's it. I've quit a lot during this last month. But never succeded. I started to feel depressed. Crying for hours. I just don't know what to do.

#4 neverstopdoing

neverstopdoing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-04-18
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:28 PM

Hello. Im new here. I bought Allen Carr's book too. I've read it about 3 or 4 times. I've watched the movie too. Even more times. And here I am. Smoking. I feel miserable. For more than a month now, i've been researching and learning about tobacco. But.. That's it. I've quit a lot during this last month. But never succeded. I started to feel depressed. Crying for hours. I just don't know what to do.

I'm in the exact same boat as you! I've quit a couple of time in the last month and keep having relapses. I feel like a failure. I don't know what to do anymore or how to actually stay quit. I just bought Allen Carr's book; I'm waiting for it to be delivered. I am always torn between wanting to quit and enjoying the smoking. People keep telling me that the enjoying part is just the addiction talking but the only advice I get it to ignore it and fight through it. The question is, how??? So Crismiranda, if you hear of any advice that helps you please pass it along to me. I wish you the best and I hope we can both get this done. 

event.png

#5 Jimmy Gold

Jimmy Gold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationEllicott

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:14 AM

Most effective way to quit smoking that has been used with the most success by those who quit. Always keep in mind that success rates will not be the same for all. In the end, quitting comes down to a personal decision, the amount of willpower you have and a variety of factors that affects your daily life but if you want the best chance of success.

#6 Kumar

Kumar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:31 AM

I used the book when I quit a little over 2 years ago. There are many ways to stop, but reading the Allen Carr book before stopping allows for one of the easiest way to do this. There is some self hypnosis in the reading of the book, so it is important to read it fully even where it seems repetitive.

The way the book works is by making a change in how you view smoking, and therefore, what it means to stop.

One way of thinking about this is that smoking is enjoyable, and stopping means sacrifice and pain.

Another way is to see that smoking is being trapped in a jail cell by the addiction, and that stopping means choosing to be free.

It should be obvious as to what will be the easier path, and reading the book makes that path crystal clear.

#7 Rozuki

Rozuki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-10
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:29 PM

I read Allen Carr's book about 20 years ago....scared the crap out of me! I started a journal, set my quit date......then I did nothing!! Didn't quit....in fact, I think that was when I actually started buying cigarettes by the carton. Silly, silly me.... :oops:

Now, earlier this year, had no other option than to finally face my addiction to nicotine and was forced to make a choice.

I chose me over the nicotine!!  :razz:

PS -Funny thing, found that 20 yr old journal I wrote about 2 weeks after I quit!

• nervousnellie, Jillar and Lin-quitting like this

image.png?base_img=3&size=0&date_yr=2017

2hrfi0z_th.jpg 2hp3zon_th.jpg11a8zsn.jpg

30ksjlf.gif

Don't romance the cigarette. It's all a "pack of lies". ~ IQuit88

#8 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06
  • Locationsmall-town Kansas USA

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:37 AM

The book made an impression on me. And has helped. I read it in full my first 2-3 weeks into my quit; I now still pick it up and read random chapters, just for reinforcement. I am one of those that (so far anyway) is able to embrace the joy and happiness of quitting that he talks about. (So far anyway) quitting delights me. Freedom is mine.

I realize that the book won't be felt the same way for everyone.....but I still recommend it to ALL new quitters, on the chance that it may help them as it has helped me. You never know what may resonate/help a person with their quit.

• marciem and Rozuki like this

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

"I didn't come this far to only come this far."

30ksjlf.jpg

I want my life back. I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

There is no try, there is only do. Failure is not an option.

Another proud member of the 2017 Smokebusters team.

#9 nervousnellie

nervousnellie

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-06-10
  • Locationnot here anymore

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:09 AM

I read Allen Carr's book about 20 years ago....scared the crap out of me! I started a journal, set my quit date......then I did nothing!! Didn't quit....in fact, I think that was when I actually started buying cigarettes by the carton. Silly, silly me.... :oops:

Now, earlier this year, had no other option than to finally face my addiction to nicotine and was forced to make a choice.

I chose me over the nicotine!!  :razz:

PS -Funny thing, found that 20 yr old journal I wrote about 2 weeks after I quit!

that is SO neat how you found that journal!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users