5 replies to this topic

#1 MrsMelanie

MrsMelanie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:16 AM

I read and read every article on medications before seeing my doc a week ago. I started Zyban 5 days ago and so far I haven't had any of the bad side effects reported by some users, my only side effect is my skin slightly itches when I go to bed.

I also never got the "Smoking tastes god awful" thing from Zyban....a little metallic taste but nothing bad, I guess maybe if I'd been on it longer maybe that would have worked. I chose my quit day based on knowing there are no smokes within a mile of me and there wouldn't be, though I had planned on smoking until they taste bad. Plans change, such is life.

Anyone else take Zyban and not had it make smokes taste bad?

• Beacon likes this

1460548800_7_1_USD_3_default.png

#2 skillfulabbot

skillfulabbot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:20 AM

I haven't, but good job on making the choice to quit.  Hang in there. 

1456450200_30_1_USD_3.72_dark.png

#3 MrsMelanie

MrsMelanie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:59 PM

FYI : I weaned off Zyban. It worked great for quitting but I was losing so much of my hair that if I kept it up in 4 months time I'd probably be bald. Reportedly those effects go away after quitting so I'm not worried. The pills did their job and I'm still doing great on my quit

#4 billwz28rs

billwz28rs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:18 PM

Hello All, I have a general question. 15 yrs ago, I QUIT smoking, I took zyban. Nowe, when I got on zyban 15 yrs ago, i filled out a long questionnaire about my smoking habits, ect.   I mailed the questionnaire back in, and they mailed me a "QUIT SMOKING PROGRAM", and it worked !!!   However, yesterday, I started taking zyban again to quit smoking, but, I did not get the questionnaire to know my smoking habits.   I need info. on how to get this, so I can have a plan to quit smoking...

Can anyone in here help me ???

Thanks, Bill

#5 MrsMelanie

MrsMelanie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:58 PM

That's because the drug wasn't used for quitting then, it was new for that purpose so they wanted feedback from patients. Maybe it's still online somewhere?

My plan was simple:

Start Zyban

Stock the house with foods I loved

Pick a quit date based on how many smokes I had left

Let everyone around me know that was my quit date and to respect that

Quit day came when I ran out of smokes, I ate what I wanted, bought myself small rewards each week that I stayed quit, and here I am today!

I'll look online for you, see if I can find an old Zyban questionaire

#6 MrsMelanie

MrsMelanie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:59 PM

Is this it? https://cps.ipums.or.../ajax_enum_text

0 user(s) are reading this topic