Photo

Cold turkey quitters...what day was your most difficult?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,075 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:56 AM

Hi Ashe and welcome :) I'm sorry you're having a hard day. Posting helps take you're mind off the cravings so when you get a minute, introduce yourself on the main board. These sub forums don't get a lot of views. Hang in there, it does get better and if it's too unbearable post an SOS, puff on an air cigarette or just go to bed. Tomorrow hopefully you'll feel much better :)

1464498000_15_1_USD_5.68_default.png

5vbuwn.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years Quit
We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Death leaves a memory no one can heal, Love leaves a memory no one can steal
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#62 Ashe

Ashe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the Midwest, USA

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:25 AM

Thank you!

#63 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,526 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:30 PM

Today, which is my 5th day.  I feel so raw emotionally and found myself crying on my way home from work.  I am so, so glad I quit...but damn, today was the roughest by far. 

The liberation tears, isn't it great to feel you are finally getting rid of your old smoking slave life?  it all get's better as days pass and eventually you will not even think about cigarettes anymore. You will even forget you were once peloton marching towards an ugly and painful permanent smoking related illness and death.

Son you will be done with Hell week. All the best !

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#64 Autumn

Autumn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-11-01
  • LocationMee-Knee-Soo-Tahh

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:50 AM

Cold turkey, the first three weeks are all hell week in my opinion... but the improvement from there on is amazing. Get through those first three weeks! I had to zone out LOTS. Netflix was a big help, it's practically all I did days 1-10.

• Frank likes this

588f4b6552.png

#65 0zone

0zone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-01-01
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:25 AM

Day 6 was the hardest on me by far. It fell on the weekend too where I would usually smoke and drink coffee for a good portion of the day. 

I have been playing a LOT of PlayStation and exercising since I quit. Seems to be helping so much, may even have to break out the Nintendo and dust off my old Mario brothers games! I love those!!

• Autumn likes this

1483308000_20_1_USD_24_default.png

"Can blindly continued fear-induced regurgitated life-denying tradition be overcome?" - Alanis Morissette

#66 Autumn

Autumn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-11-01
  • LocationMee-Knee-Soo-Tahh

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:25 AM

I have been playing a LOT of PlayStation and exercising since I quit. Seems to be helping so much, may even have to break out the Nintendo and dust off my old Mario brothers games! I love those!!

I wish video games weren't such a trigger for me, but I hardly play them these days since quitting. I used to chain smoke while I played my 3DS (the only game system I own atm) so gaming is difficult without feeling craves and being miserable.

• 0zone likes this

588f4b6552.png

#67 0zone

0zone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-01-01
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:23 AM

I wish video games weren't such a trigger for me, but I hardly play them these days since quitting. I used to chain smoke while I played my 3DS (the only game system I own atm) so gaming is difficult without feeling craves and being miserable.

Ohhhh no that does suck! I never smoked while playing video games so I guess I am lucky in that sense. When I play I become immersed in it and smoking is the last thing on my mind.

Give it time and you might find love for your 3DS again :) 

1483308000_20_1_USD_24_default.png

"Can blindly continued fear-induced regurgitated life-denying tradition be overcome?" - Alanis Morissette

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users