Photo

Cold turkey quitters...what day was your most difficult?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 bchris02

bchris02

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:34 AM

Today was day 5 for me, and I honestly think it has been my most difficult day yet.  It was my first day back to work after quitting.  While the withdrawal isn't quite as intense as it was day 2 and 3, it is still just bad enough to want a smoke just so I can feel functional.  It definitely was not my most productive day at work and I am also extremely depressed as well.  I am hoping things improve soon and that this was my worst day.

In terms of actual thoughts of smoking, I've had some cravings but it hasn't been too bad.  I've quit enough times to know this beast well and how to say no when the cravings come.  The worst part has been the lingering physical withdrawal.  I am still edgy, unsociable, and depressed.

For cold turkey quitters, what was your worst day?

• RodneyB, liv and Johnnybf like this

#2 maude

maude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-03-14
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 March 2016 - 08:34 PM

Oh god yes.

It is also my 5th day and worst day so far. Hungry, depressed and bored... I tried doing something with my free time but nothing seems to work as i smoked 25 cigs a day and those cigs accompanied every single action throughout the day, therefore i have many triggers.  :sad:  

I wish these psychological symptoms would go away already...

• liv likes this

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

#3 RodneyB

RodneyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-12-27

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:25 PM

Hi guys,

Pretty much weeks 1 through to 7 were a rather annoying for me .. I can't remember an exact day that was very bad but I'm sure I had a few.

On my bad days I ate heaps of chocolate to feel better! but anything that keeps you from smoking is great. 

Keep up the quit guys the symptoms you are feeling are temporary and will most definitely eventually go away.

Remember to always post NOPE.

TC guys and keep on the right path as you guys are on now.

- Rod

• maude and liv like this

1451160000_17_1_USD_18_dark.png

#4 T.C.

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationReading, UK

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:37 AM

I don't seem to recall that any one day was better or worse than another, I honestly had no craving or desire to smoke once I made the decision to quit.  I had withdrawl symptoms as in physical withdrawl symptoms, but no cravings or any desire to smoke.

Maybe I was just lucky.

• liv likes this

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2015

#5 Juniper

Juniper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-12-28
  • LocationWest Country, UK

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:28 AM

Agree with Rod, my first 8 weeks were pretty grim on and off, only coming out the other side now! There were plenty of rubbish days, just hold onto your hat when u get a bad one, eat, sleep anything but don't smoke :)
  • liv likes this
4d320c839c.png

1482926400_15_1_GBP_6.75_default.png

#6 Devil Doll

Devil Doll

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-12-31
  • LocationDoesn't matter... You're never going to meet me. =P

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:44 PM

Since every quit is different everyone will have varying experiences when it comes to "bad days". The first month was hell for me, and the third month was hellacious as well. The one thing that you have to remember when you are going through a bad day is that it passes. There are going to be days that throw you for a loop but as long as you stick to nope you have got it. ;) 

• liv and Donna13 like this

"Do or do not... there is no try"~Yoda

"People in hell want Slurpees"~Daryl

"You want to know what I was before all of this? I was nobody. Nothing."~Daryl

"You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All of the best people are."

#7 SnowxSakura

SnowxSakura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-09-23
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:21 PM

There will always be bad days as we are all addicts, and our addiction will always try to take advantage of us during our weaker points in time. It's all about how you decide to deal with it

• liv likes this

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2015

When we quit smoking we not only give ourselves another day, we give our Mother Earth another beautiful day.

My name is Chris, it's a pleasure to meet you.

#8 Bonny1951

Bonny1951

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-01-01

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:46 PM

Today is hard lungs hurting again

#9 I Dont Give an Ash

I Dont Give an Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-04-01

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:53 PM

My worst day was not too long ago and just because of one single occurrence, a bit less than a week ago or so when i had already one month on me, 32 days or something. I was lying in bed watching some youtube videos and then hell broke loose and for 20 minutes or so it hit me like a truck. I had all kinds of physical symptoms; i punched the pillow, bit my hands a bit, i laughed and twisted, took something to call me down and took a shower; when i got out it was already fading away, so i played with my dog to keep positive, and then it went away. That was a full assault on me by my body, i didn´t had much trouble on the first week oddly enough because i was beginning really motivated, and since then i´ve been more or less solid. That was so strong it has no comparisson to any other craving or disconfort so the positive lesson is i can handle it if i want and so can you guys. I felt proud when i went to bed that day.

• liv and green meenie like this

1459468800_20_1_EUR_4.2_default.png

#10 devo

devo

((((((((((((((!)))))))))))))))

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-28
  • LocationLost Angeles California

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:02 PM

I would have to say yesterday (day 4) was the worst. 

Didnt really have to many cravings or anything day 1,2,3, but day 4 hit and WHAM! I got it all at once

• liv likes this

1464397200_20_1_USD_4.15_default.png

1zzrf54.jpg  

#11 speaklifeonly

speaklifeonly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:42 PM

Im on day 1 and struggling quite a bit. ....
  • liv and ChuckEm like this

#12 Wana

Wana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-12-22
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:09 PM

Hi speaklifeonly!  Congrats on making the choice to quit smoking!  I suggest you post a "hello" on the main board and introduce yourself to the gang.  Do anything you must to avoid smoking - you can do it!  It gets better with a little time, you'll see for yourself very soon.  Hang in there!

• liv, firstladyd and ChuckEm like this

1450746000_20_1_USD_7.2_default.png

#13 (( bab ))

(( bab ))

• friend •

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-27
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

"For cold turkey quitters, what was your worst day?"

honestly? 

it hasn't been too bad, not nearly as hard as anticipated, thanks to cranberry juice & chocolates!! 

so far, Yesterday - Day 12 -

I was really surprised by a sudden dramatically tough stretch towards evening,

but I'm okay,,,  got thru it without losing my quit : )

- anyone can do it but you've got to really want it, I think.  no regrets. -

• liv likes this

1464325200_20_1_USD_7.00_default.png

event.png

star_big.png .........{{ Spring 2016 Quitters -!- 2016 Butt Kickers }}......... star_big.png

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

#14 JHernandez

JHernandez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-18
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:00 PM

Before I did the big quit, I had a smaller quit the week before ... gave up on a Wednesday ... had two on the Tuesday of the following week ... so, I guess, the 6th day was the worst for cravings ... withdrawal symptoms were the most intense on the 2nd day in my second quit ... now in my 3rd going on 4th week it's all just a wash of anxiety, depression, and indigestion. No way I'm going back to the smoke any time soon.

#15 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,283 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:13 PM

what day was your most difficult?

It really was 3 days altogether. The 3 prior to my quit.

• Jorgigirl likes this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#16 (( bab ))

(( bab ))

• friend •

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-27
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:36 AM

update another worst day was all of yesterday and most of today . . . #22-23 . . . muscle aches in my shoulder and back / unusually tired

. . . yeah, but I'm okay,,,  got thru it without losing my quit -!-

- anyone can do it but you've got to really want it, I think.  no regrets. -

1464325200_20_1_USD_7.00_default.png

event.png

star_big.png .........{{ Spring 2016 Quitters -!- 2016 Butt Kickers }}......... star_big.png

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

#17 Jessi

Jessi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-29
  • LocationCanada Ontario

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:38 AM

From day 4 and on, so far.

#18 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,975 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:31 PM

Days 15-17 for me were pretty brutal. Felt like the first week all over again:(

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

5vbuwn.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years
QuitWe say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#19 Tracy83

Tracy83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:11 PM

Days 4 and 5 are the hardest for me but hopefully this time i will be able to control my cravings. Good luck with your quit though.

#20 gini

gini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:32 PM

I am on my 4th day, so far 3rd has been the worst. I am hoping it doesn't get too bad because I really don't want to cave in. Good luck to everyone x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users