Photo

How about a new Vent Thread... Vent away folks !

• Please log in to reply
955 replies to this topic

#941 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,194 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationI'm in a box, I can't get out! 😵😱😵

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:56 PM

It's so cute!
  • avian3 likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

5vbuwn.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years
QuitWe say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#942 avian3

avian3

Mellow Yellow

• Administrators
  • 14,395 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted Yesterday, 12:17 AM

Oh, I hope the baby makes it!  Bad Cat!!

It's says they are suppose to fly in 3 to 4 days . It has now been 2 that I know of. I have never understood why these birds build nests in trees where there are obviously 10 cats living around them.

#943 avian3

avian3

Mellow Yellow

• Administrators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:37 AM

YAY!! Idaho's mom came and told it to get your butt off the ground, so it flew up, crashing into the pine tree as a big dust cloud surrounded it. It stumbled all over the branches and took about an hour to learn how to perch properly and hasn't moved from that position yet. NOW STAY THERE!!

#944 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 11,860 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted Yesterday, 01:47 AM

YAY!! Idaho's mom came and told it to get your butt off the ground, so it flew up, crashing into the pine tree as a big dust cloud surrounded it. It stumbled all over the branches and took about an hour to learn how to perch properly and hasn't moved from that position yet. NOW STAY THERE!!

Oh, yay, yay, yay!  Mom's love is so powerful!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#945 jordan7

jordan7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,154 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-02-25

Posted Yesterday, 02:03 AM

Goooo baby potato!!!!!  

I agree with Frank, time to get a dog.   During the period of time I had a dog-free yard, when I was "between dogs" after the loss of my previous Lab, there were 4 or 5 local cats that came by regularly to visit and hang out in my back yard (as well as a fox and a raccoon on a couple of occasions). The cats came often enough that I named them all, (Number 1 through Number 5), but Number 1 was always my favorite.  I had never seen a cat in my yard prior to that, and haven't seen one again since I got my new pup nine years ago.  A duck did come by to visit the back yard a couple of months ago, though, and it seemed quite comfortable hanging out and was fairly unimpressed with my "bird dog". Quacked me up. 

• avian3, Frank, MissyCat and 2 others like this

1424928600_30_1_USD_6_default.png

#946 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,194 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted Yesterday, 02:13 AM

Yay Jan, that is great news! And Jordan you quack me up! :laughbounce:
  • avian3 likes this

5vbuwn.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years
QuitWe say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#947 avian3

avian3

Mellow Yellow

• Administrators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:01 AM

Goooo baby potato!!!!!  

I agree with Frank, time to get a dog.   During the period of time I had a dog-free yard, when I was "between dogs" after the loss of my previous Lab, there were 4 or 5 local cats that came by regularly to visit and hang out in my back yard (as well as a fox and a raccoon on a couple of occasions). The cats came often enough that I named them all, (Number 1 through Number 5), but Number 1 was always my favorite.  I had never seen a cat in my yard prior to that, and haven't seen one again since I got my new pup nine years ago.  A duck did come by to visit the back yard a couple of months ago, though, and it seemed quite comfortable hanging out and was fairly unimpressed with my "bird dog". Quacked me up. 

That's funny!! :D

I plan to get a dog again. I want to get a rescue this time, but I can't bring myself to go to the shelter. It would be too depressing. I have 3 friends that work with rescues and they have been sending me photos on Facebook suggesting different ones. I usually just cry and want to take care of them all.

#948 jordan7

jordan7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,154 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-02-25

Posted Yesterday, 04:03 AM

That's funny!! :D

I plan to get a dog again. I want to get a rescue this time, but I can't bring myself to go to the shelter. It would be too depressing. I have 3 friends that work with rescues and they have been sending me photos on Facebook suggesting different ones. I usually just cry and want to take care of them all.

Completely agree that rescue is the way to go.  I volunteer for a Labrador rescue and have fostered 30+ dogs over the past few years.  Just a thought ... if you're looking for a dog, fostering is a great way to spend some time with a dog you might be interested in adopting; and if you decide he's not the dog for you, you are still giving him a place to stay and teaching him all about the good life until he finds the right home.  It can be a win, win, for both of you, whether he's home to stay or moves on after a time.  Many shelters have foster programs, also.  You can't take them all, but you're going to make one lucky dog the happiest pup in town.

• avian3, MissyCat, Lone Goose and 1 other like this

#949 Hope2Nope

Hope2Nope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-10-31
  • LocationSea of Tranquility

Posted Yesterday, 05:20 AM

Goooo baby potato!!!!!  

Your yard seems to be on some kind of an animal highway  :laughbounce:

• avian3 and jordan7 like this

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2016

#950 jordan7

jordan7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,154 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-02-25

Posted Yesterday, 12:47 PM

Your yard seems to be on some kind of an animal highway  :laughbounce:

Only when there's no dog going out on patrol now and then to keep the squirrels and other would-be lodgers in line.  But yeah, and I live in a fairly large city and there is still a lot of wildlife around.  The cats are a different matter.  They are just neighbors' cats that are allowed to roam all the time.

• Hope2Nope likes this

#951 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,077 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted Yesterday, 02:34 PM

Talking about dogs, My 2 new pups Paulié Petite and Tommy H. are crushing small gravel pieces,  I also found them on top of a pile of rock I have for a project I am doing, they were licking the surfaces of the stones. Is this normal? or they have something going on?

• avian3 likes this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#952 avian3

avian3

Mellow Yellow

• Administrators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:14 PM

Talking about dogs, My 2 new pups Paulié Petite and Tommy H. are crushing small gravel pieces,  I also found them on top of a pile of rock I have for a project I am doing, they were licking the surfaces of the stones. Is this normal? or they have something going on?

I'm no dog whisperer, but maybe there is a mineral they are lacking or they just like the salty taste. Maybe they like the cool against their tongues. Once in awhile I would put ice cubes in my dogs water dish. He loved removing them and licking them until they melted. I guess they all have their quirks.

#953 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:27 PM

While I think it would be wonderful for Avian to adopt a doggie who needs a loving new home, if it is for the purpose of protecting the yard from cat stalkers, think about this:  

How do you think I got my therapy kitty that belongs to the neighbors?  I did not and do not want a permanent resident cat.  

My dog adopted him :(  and now I have no dog but a permanent resident kitty that I'm gonna have to squirt if he starts stalking birdies.

• avian3 likes this

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png
 image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2012
   Honorary member of:  5a88dc8d35.png             

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking      jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17

#954 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:36 PM

How is Idaho today?  Update needed :)  .

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png
 image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2012
   Honorary member of:  5a88dc8d35.png             

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking      jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17

#955 avian3

avian3

Mellow Yellow

• Administrators
  • 14,395 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:59 PM

How is Idaho today?  Update needed :)  .

I decided I would finally turn on the sprinklers, but I thought I would check around first in case anything was out there. I looked under the fern, IT'S BACK!! So I had to water most of the flower beds by hand except within about 12 ft. on either side of it, so I didn't scare it  away. The problem is that I have a brand new pigmy date palm right next to that fern that needed to be watered, so I turned the water to trickle and stood there for 20 minutes. Mom was getting frantic while I did this since it was feeding time.

At least I know the bird can fly up to the tree and hopefully it at least spends the night there. I'm tired of babysitting.

#956 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,194 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 PM

Yea, that's one tough potato! Thanks for the update and little idaho should be just about at the three day mark right?! Soon to fly to safety! You are a great babysitter :)

• avian3 likes this

5vbuwn.jpg

Christian99 15 Years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users