#181 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

Wow Frank! Are eating all three! They looked hand dipped! Gorgeous!

Like eating a piece of heaven  :P

• MissyCat likes this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

1320537600_20_1_USD_7_default.png

#182 Johnny05

Johnny05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:59 PM

Does anyone else think things like chocolate or coffee are maybe just replacing one addiction with another, one no where as bad but still another addiction all the same? (nicotine for caffeine+sugar?)

Chocolate is high in caffeine and sugar both of which are addictive and AFAIK it seems like it's a crutch, going from one addiction to another? If we as a society smoked processed cocoa leaf instead of processed tobacco I'm fairly sure it would also cause lung cancer and most other problems associated with tobacco smoking so what exactly is the difference with taking caffeine in chocolate or nicotine in gum (or snuss or similar) instead of smoking it? Why is there the absolute need to stop nicotine intake completely especially if replacing with another addiction? Not trying to start a fight I am honestly interested because I have spent all night reading this forum and from what I understand, due to the simple fact that we are all nicotine addicts and since we must completely remove it from our lives from what I read substituting nicotine for another unhealthy addiction isn't exactly the ideal end goal? As far as I know excessive sugar can kill you as easy as excessive smoking does so potentially trading lung cancer for diabetes doesn't seem ideal to me?

I also wonder would it be wise to limit or cut out solanaceae family of plants that are proven to contain trace amounts of nicotine?? (I have read chocolate even contains nicotine) Even tiny amount of nicotine, 'one puff' or vape or snuss or snuff or chewing tobacco, from what I have spent all night reading, is considered a big NO-NO, from what I read NRT is not even a good goal for people especially if you end up reliant on it, so I wonder if one were to offer a drink to an ex-alcoholic is there a limit to how small a portion would be reasonable to consume or offer? Would you offer an ex alcoholic a thimble of wine? Or a teaspoon of wine? Or literally a drop on their finger just for the 'taste'??? I think a tiny taste, even a thimble will not get them drunk and have basically no perceivable effect but in the brain I wonder if even such a tiny amount as a drop of alcohol would do something (anything?), albeit probably not a lot but it makes me think is there an acceptable amount here or is zero the only acceptable amount? If one drop might be enough for a relapse whats the difference from eating an eggplant that has nicotine or chocolate that has caffeine and sugar and probably nicotine as well? I read 20lb of eggplant has the same nicotine as one cigarette, which is tiny and insignificant but if nicotine is to be cut 100% completely from the system, you probably wouldn't offer the alcoholic even a single drop so should it be considered a bad thing to consume even tiny amount of nicotine giving the nicotine receptors a tiny hit and possibly starting (or continuing) subconscious cravings for more cigarettes? Is this possibly why some people say even after 5 years they feel like they want a smoke? Maybe they still get nicotine every day, in tiny amounts, from different sources, making their addiction live forever and brain receptors constantly buzzing a tiny little bit?

Sorry if I'm rambling or annoy anyone with my lengthy post but my quitting is sending my brain a bit crazy and I think I just wanted something or anything to take me away from my boring reality for a while.

EDIT: see I knew it was really bad and now must squash my squash addiction! :D

https://www.reddit.c..._much_nicotine/

[–]Canna_bus 3 points

4 years ago

Man you start out just thinking you only want one or two eggplants per day, maybe you eat a few more a day every now and then thinking you're in control. Soon you spiral down into depression and want something more. Something to fill the never satiated squash void. You start eating zucchini, but that starts making you grumpy so you start asking your shadier friends of friends if they know anyone who can get winter squash. Once you're in that deep, many people don't ever come back without extensive rehab. Most people feel squashed under the weight of all these mind altering gourds. Pretty soon they're on the streets offering BJ's for pumpkins in winter.

• marciem and MissyCat like this

#183 Dianecz

Dianecz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-11-09
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:34 PM

Gosh Johhny, just gosh! Think I have become addicted to spinach during my quit, cooked, raw, with every meal, open the fridge door, grab a handful, if I get up in the middle of the night , another handful, do you think I am safe?

Welcome to QSMB, I think you are going to love it here and many congratulations on your decision to quit the evil monstrosity, I look forwards to following your posts x

• MissyCat likes this

5vbuwn.jpgimage.png?base_img=1&size=1&date_yr=2016

event.png

#184 Johnny05

Johnny05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:41 AM

Think I have become addicted to spinach during my quit, cooked, raw, with every meal, open the fridge door, grab a handful, if I get up in the middle of the night , another handful, do you think I am safe?

Definitely not, get yourself some monkey chow asap it sounds like you really need it as spinach has obviously made your life once again spiral out of control. I know cat food is the crutch of choice around here, but cat food is not very good and is probably counter productive, cat food actually contains high levels of taurine, another addictive substance which increases dopamine in the nucleus accumbens. I have however found something perfect for us homos. No thanks necessary I do it for the greater good;

"a complete and balanced diet for the nutrition of primates, including the great apes."

http://www.angryman.ca/monkey.html

• marciem and MissyCat like this

#185 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts
  • quitdate:
    09/20/12

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:38 PM

Definitely not, get yourself some monkey chow asap it sounds like you really need it as spinach has obviously made your life once again spiral out of control. I know cat food is the crutch of choice around here, but cat food is not very good and is probably counter productive, cat food actually contains high levels of taurine, another addictive substance which increases dopamine in the nucleus accumbens. I have however found something perfect for us homos. No thanks necessary I do it for the greater good;

"a complete and balanced diet for the nutrition of primates, including the great apes."

http://www.angryman.ca/monkey.html

You're cracking me up, Johnny!!  

Good way to work off that new-quitter energy and keep yourself distracted   :)  ....

event.png
 1348147800_25_1_USD_6.80_default.png

Honorary member of:  5a88dc8d35.png                                                  
S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking      jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13

Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17

#186 Autumn

Autumn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-11-01
  • LocationMee-Knee-Soo-Tahh

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

I've found a new love of chocolate in the form of Tim Tam cookies. They originate in Australia, but I discovered them being carried in a local Walmart and decided to give them a try. SO GLAD I DID, they are AMAZINGLY delicious. If you can find these gems near you, and you are a chocolate lover, TRY THEM. The dark chocolate ones are especially fantastic. Just thought I'd share. :P

big_1900.jpg

• MissyCat likes this

make-out-kittens.gif

588f4b6552.png

#187 MissyCat

MissyCat

2014 Avenger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,889 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-10-21
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:19 AM

I've found a new love of chocolate in the form of Tim Tam cookies. They originate in Australia, but I discovered them being carried in a local Walmart and decided to give them a try. SO GLAD I DID, they are AMAZINGLY delicious. If you can find these gems near you, and you are a chocolate lover, TRY THEM. The dark chocolate ones are especially fantastic. Just thought I'd share. :P

big_1900.jpg

I will be looking for these. ....
Carol
A 2014 Avenger
Smoke free since October 21, 2014

ddl449.jpg

1413889200_30_1_USD_8_default.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users