#1 kinkash

kinkash

I once was blind, but now I see

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

I don't usually post here, but a news report I watched today was disturbing. The number of teens Vaping has doubled in the past year and there is nothing to support the notion that it's harmless. That's troublesome given all the effort that has been put into preventing our teens to smoke. Dissapointing
  • greenlover, avian3, Marvitta and 3 others like this
When the student is ready...The teacher will appear-Soul
Fear of the quit is worse than the quit-Cookielinda
When you stop buying cig......You start paying for your addiction - jwg
When people show you who they are-Believe Them

Smoking is not some friend that brings you comfort. It is the Enemy that wants to kill you!

3d0a43cb346e707ff826d1a355fa.png

216E790F-1D42-468B-8A92-291B2196039D_zps

#2 avian3

avian3

Happy!!

• Moderators
  • 11,385 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

I don't usually post here, but a news report I watched today was disturbing. The number of teens Vaping has doubled in the past year and there is nothing to support the notion that it's harmless. That's troublesome given all the effort that has been put into preventing our teens to smoke. Dissapointing

It's like the !950's where our parents were not told the real truth about cigarettes. Sadly, this generation will eventually find what vaping will do to them when it's too late.  I only blame myself for smoking.  My generation knew it was bad for them, unless they lived under a rock.

QUIT September 14, 2010
Posted Image

#3 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011
  • LocationLiving with the Amish

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

I saw that on Yahoo & what kills me so much is how can these VAPERS not think twice about inhaling those vapors-I guess people like me with breathing issues worry more about stuff like that, thank GOD after almost 2 yrs of freedom I rarely use my inhaler & I'm sure if I lived in a smoke free house I'd never would use one. To me this vaping thing is like it was 40 yrs ago when we all thought smoking was cool. Its going to be a sad day when the true facts come to light over the harm vaping does. :roll:  :roll: :roll:  

• Marvitta, kinkash, scottinpa and 1 other like this

#4 kinkash

kinkash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

More details from Mizzou...kids are moving from e-cigs to Real Cigs!
http://www.quitsmoki...gs/#entry633922

Smoking is not some friend that brings you comfort. It is the Enemy that wants to kill you!

#5 tommyf

tommyf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • quitdate:
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

Its really a sad thing to see the teens smoke.  Well... that's how our parents felt when they saw us smoke.  

• greenlover likes this

1381588200_15_1_USD_6_default.png

#6 mamau

mamau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

M

Quit smoking 12-20-13

Seahawks Fan For Life!!!!!

#7 DanniJames

DanniJames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • quitdate:
    3/4/2012

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

This is complete BS. They found that the number of teens that had tried an e-cig had increased. They didn't ask aboutcontinued use, or daily use, they asked about ONE TIME use. If you ask a bunch of freshman if they've ever had a puff of a cigarette, and then ask them when they're seniors, I bet the number quadruples. 

"Children still are more likely to light up regular cigarettes, though teen smoking rates have dropped in the past decade. More teens now smoke marijuana than tobacco, surveys have found.

But health officials worry e-cigarettes could re-ignite teen cigarette use. They point to a finding in the study that 20 percent of middle school e-cigarette users had never tried conventional cigarettes. When the same question was asked of high school students, only 7 percent had never tried regular smokes.

That suggests many kids experiment with the electronic devices and move on to cigarettes by high school, said CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden."

Ummmmm. What? What part of this at all suggests that kids start with e-cigs and move on to regular cigs? Where is there any evidence at all of that migration?????? How many of the supposed middle schoolers that haven't smoked a cigarette just start smoking e-cigs and are NOT marijuana users? That's the question that was never asked. Most people that don't smoke, chew, or otherwise use nicotine are not going to pick up an e-cig which has a higher up front cost than any of the other methods to start with. No other "study" and I use the term loosely with this one, has found any significant use of e-cigs as a "gateway to smoking". 

#8 Katharina94

Katharina94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

Thanks for sharing.

#9 Guest_Mike._*

Guest_Mike._*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:29 AM

SAD!

#10 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

That is horrible, the other day I was downtown where a lot of people gather, and was so sad to see many young people vaping.. Poor fools don't know where they are headed to. 

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them" Dalai Lama

#11 MIZZOU

MIZZOU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis Missouri

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

Yes - Sadly another generation being drawn into the grasp of this stupid addiction.

#12 kinkash

kinkash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

Oddly my neighbors son came over and pulled one out....me-" I don't allow that in my house" him " it's not smoke" . Me- "my house...my rules"... me- your mom know you do that...him---yes..doesn't care because it's not like smoking cigarettes...she doesn't care if we do it in the house....

I went right over there and told her that her son his now hooked on nic...she didn't believe me.

smdh
  • Marvitta likes this

#13 SallytheOwl

SallytheOwl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • quitdate:
    5/23/13

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:02 AM

Oddly my neighbors son came over and pulled one out....me-" I don't allow that in my house" him " it's not smoke" . Me- "my house...my rules"... me- your mom know you do that...him---yes..doesn't care because it's not like smoking cigarettes...she doesn't care if we do it in the house....

I went right over there and told her that her son his now hooked on nic...she didn't believe me.

smdh

Grrrrrrrr that's infuriating, Debby.  There's a vaping store at the mall and all the kids are walking around with these super pimped up contraptions on lanyards or chains around their necks and sucking on them all day.  They have about 1000 flavors and so many "cool" styles of devices.  Just wait till the research is out on these effin things... This cannot lead to anything good. 

• Marvitta likes this
SallytheOwl
Quit date: 5/23/13

1369339200_10_1_USD_7.5_default.png

#14 HonorAmongstThieves

HonorAmongstThieves

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • quitdate:
    01/01/2014
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

Well I think people might be jumping the gun on this. Sure they may not know what they are getting themselves in to. But on the other hand, we don't know either. Suffice to say, the studies just are not out yet one way or the other on this product. In 13 states it is legal to sell E-cigs to minors, and I know that they do sell e-cigs that have absolutely no nicotine whatsoever. So whatever study it is you guys read on Yahoo, I unfortunately missed that one, so I didn't get to read it. But I imagine it was written to rile people up. Until the studies come out, we just can't know for sure. But I agree that young people are smoking Marijuana much more than cigarettes. I find that to be sad. :/

• QuitIsEasyDoneIt100x likes this

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the disclaimer.
That’s right, the disclaimer!
This American apple pie institution known as political correctness will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm from the words that might actually make you think; and will also insult your intelligence at the same time!
So protect your family.
This persons posts contain explicit depictions of things which are real. These real things are commonly known as LIFE. So, if it sounds sarcastic, don’t take it seriously. If it sounds dangerous, do not try it at home or at all. And if it offends you, just don’t listen to it.

Making a new me, a new chance to be,

thriving to survive, at least I've tried,

what have you come so far for, just to throw it all away,

you have a chance to breath new life into this day,

follow me, walk away, from this land of make believe,

take my hand, to that which we concieved,

our dream.....

Every action you take eliminates a whole other possible future you could have had.

I made the decision to quit smoking on 1/1/2014 at 12:00 A.M. I messed up that quit and came back quit again as of 3:07 P.M. on 3/31/2014

A daily reminder of the power of addiction and my errors as an addict. Here to commit to N.O.P.E.

Vincit qui se vincit.

#15 DanniJames

DanniJames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • quitdate:
    3/4/2012

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

If you think about it, high school is the age that most people start smoking. It's not surprising to see some teens are experimenting with e-cigs. Most vendors don't sell to minors, so either they're getting them through someone else buying them or this is happening in the states where there is no regulation. Nobody in the industry would object to a ban on sales to minors. On the other hand, if the minor is smoking, I'd rather see them doing this than smoking and it's up to his parents to monitor what he's doing. 

#16 kinkash

kinkash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

Grrrrrrrr that's infuriating, Debby. There's a vaping store at the mall and all the kids are walking around with these super pimped up contraptions on lanyards or chains around their necks and sucking on them all day. They have about 1000 flavors and so many "cool" styles of devices. Just wait till the research is out on these effin things... This cannot lead to anything good.

That's my fear Sally.....the unknown. My generation was so pro smoking. It's cool....harmless. Now we know better.My whole family smokes. My kids generation is anti smoking...but now we have new generation and it's cool again,,,harmless...and then...massive torts later we find it's not true. I heard about the stores...it's unreal....a Vaping store...wtf
  • HonorAmongstThieves likes this

#17 kinkash

kinkash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

If you think about it, high school is the age that most people start smoking. It's not surprising to see some teens are experimenting with e-cigs. Most vendors don't sell to minors, so either they're getting them through someone else buying them or this is happening in the states where there is no regulation. Nobody in the industry would object to a ban on sales to minors. On the other hand, if the minor is smoking, I'd rather see them doing this than smoking and it's up to his parents to monitor what he's doing.

Grown folks can do what they want, but a minor is different. I don't want them do either. I know the harm a cig can cause, but I don't know the same fir ecigs . That's like saying drink this but I'm not going to tell you what's in it...because nobody knows. We are creating a bunch of nic addicts IMHO...and now these shops get rich off our kids additiction.

#18 kinkash

kinkash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:43 AM

[quote name="HonorAmongstThieves" post="727277" timestamp="1389770576"]
Well I think people might be jumping the gun on this. Sure they may not know what they are getting themselves in to. But on the other hand, we don't know either. Suffice to say, the studies just are not out yet one way or the other on this product. In 13 states it is legal to sell E-cigs to minors, and I know that they do sell e-cigs that have absolutely no nicotine whatsoever. So whatever study it is you guys read on Yahoo, I unfortunately missed that one, so I didn't get to read it. But I imagine it was written to rile people up. Until the studies come out, we just can't know for sure. But I agree that young people are smoking Marijuana much more than cigarettes. I find that to be sad. :/

Same thing they thought about smoking back in the day. It was glamorized.

Behold the face of glamour

Asthma
Buerger's Disease
Cancer
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Diabetes
Heart Disease and Stroke

17a9abe8b2df53fa324c09ff7fa32826_zpsd4f9
  • greenlover likes this

#19 iamvoid

iamvoid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

Talking to a young person on eCigs.... I was told that smoking eCig is the "hip" thing among the youngs. There is a better level of acceptance of eCigs among them

#20 kinkash

kinkash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

Talking to a young person on eCigs.... I was told that smoking eCig is the "hip" thing among the youngs. There is a better level of acceptance of eCigs among them

That is my concern...it is the " in" thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users