Quit the Nicotine yesterday.... smoke free 26 days

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nic_*

Guest_nic_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

I may regret this, but I'm sick of the bloody nicotine patch. I'm desperate to quit the drug in its entirety... my sleep patterns are still up the swanny without a paddle and logic tells me that as long as I continue to slowly withdraw from Nicotine, my sleep is going to be affected.

So, I quit the patch yesterday. And I slept deeper and longer last night, but that may have been assisted by a bar of dark chocolate last nite. I bought a big bar and told myself I would have 3 squares a night......... hmmm!! Dint quite work out, so now I guess I'm gonna be running round the bloody park today again !!!!

I'll post if I get a cranky, moody, hate everybody and everything feeling, which, if I follow the news will be quite soon......

Lots of hugs to all who are quitting this bloody drug..
Stay strong and bung your trAiners on..... xxx

#2 KrisFJ

KrisFJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • quitdate:
    21/8/2013
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

Good move, Nic! I think you've made the correct decision when it comes to the patches. Having that constant supply of nicotine isn't going to help get over the addiction, is it?

Have you read Alan Carr's book yet? If you haven't, I would get on to it ASAP. And check out the Newbie package http://www.quitsmoki...sticky-version/

Congratulations on your 26 days without smoke - I'm sure your lungs thank you for it!

Former "Genetic Fool"

#3 robgraves

robgraves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationElmira, NY

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

congrats on the 26 days, and congrats on choosing to go 100% nicotine free, which in my opinion is really the only way to go.

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2013

I85d1Ko.png
nY95K6g.png

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.c...er/TheRobGraves

My github: https://github.com/robgraves

QUIT DATE: August 8th, 2013

Quitting cold turkey. One day at a time.   S.N.O.T. Rocket    nope-animated-text-smiley-emoticon.gif   cigarette-butt.gif    

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." -George Eliot                        

#4 Guest_nic_*

Guest_nic_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

Thanks Genetic Fool,

Yes, I've read Alan Carr and the newbie package. The wealth of information has really helped with the quit.

Thanks for your encouragement. I feel very strong but concerned about developing a dark chocolate addiction... Alan Carr advises against replacing eating with smoking.... he's quite right of course. It feeds the hand mouth association.....

Hugs x

#5 KrisFJ

KrisFJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • quitdate:
    21/8/2013
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, I really dig Carr's "no substitute" suggestion. Last time I quit using Champix and chewing regular mint gum. I didn't have too many problems, but once I was completely off cigarettes, I was almost always chewing.

Long story short, I worked for a short period of time at a high school which had a no chewing policy. And I hadn't thought about it until I read Easyway, but after teaching a really stressful class without chewing gum, I smoked a cigarette to relieve the stress. Of course, this cigarette turned into another one, which turned into a packet, which turned back into my addiction.

It's weird but, if possible, I do think it's better not to substitute at all. This is only IF it's possible, though. Eating chocolate is certainly better than smoking.

Former "Genetic Fool"

#6 mickjoy

mickjoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • quitdate:
    07/08/2013
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

Well, phooey, I've been eating up a storm.  

Congratulations on quitting the patch.  I have heard the patch does weird things to your sleep.  I'm sorry you have to go through another withdraw but it will be well worth it!! 

Christine 

1373268600_20_1_USD_6_default.png

#7 Biggie

Biggie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • quitdate:
    23/08/2013
  • LocationDubai

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

Cold turkey it nic, cold turkey the s*** out of that nicotine,
You can do it !!

NOT ONE PUFF EVER - N.O.P.E

Be Cool - Don't Be a Smoking Fool.

Be smart don't start.

Breathe healthily, live happily

851fe0786e.png

b4adaf4f82.png

#8 Guest_nic_*

Guest_nic_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

Cheers all, and Biggie! (Gr8 name by the way!), I'm kickin' Cold Turkey ass today!

Apologies, I appear to have posted twice!

Lots of hugs to everyone and best wishes xxx

Now off to the park for second time today!! Ha ha x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users