• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Waubesa123

Waubesa123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

[list=][/list]Started using nicotrol June 8. Am using 10 mg cartridges. Have used 7 of them since June 8. Can anyone tell me how I am doing. I'm struggling but determined. I just would like to know if I stop using cartridges will I still have a hell week. I have de ided to just get it over with and stop using this cartridges. I would love to hear any advice/support. Feel very fragile now. Tks

#2 dbw

dbw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

I have decided to just get it over with and stop using this cartridges.

I think it's the best way to go, most quitters on QSMB including myself quit Cold Turkey, so there shouldn't be any issue for you to just drop Nicotrol.

Don't forget that Smoking is Nicotine Addiction, and as long as you keep feeding Nicotine, you're still an addict.

I suggest you visit WHYQUIT.COM, start with the link from the Newbie Package to help you understand more about the Withdrawal symptoms and how to cope with them. The most difficult thing quitters deal with is actually not the withdrawal symptoms, it's the psychological cravings, the junky thinking that smoking does something for you.

You can do this, just one day at a time and keep posting on the Main Board for support and advices.

Welcome to QSMB

Don
Quit cold turkey since the last Puff at 5pm on 29 December 2012
Posted Image

#3 scottinpa

scottinpa

completed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,764 posts
  • LocationBucks County, Pennsylvania, USA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

I am not sure what nicotrol is, but as long as you are feeding nicotine into your system you are still an addict... So I am going to guess that once you give up the nicotrol, you are going to go through withdrawl. On a good note, hopefully the not actually smoking since you started the nicotrol has weened you away from the habbit. sooner or later you are going to have to give up the nicotine all together, so I applaud your decision to get it over with sooner than later. Remember that everyone of us had to go through this withdraw from nicotine, We did it, you can do it, and so can anyone else that chooses too!

Choose to stay quit, Tell yourself you can!!! We all know you can :D

Note that I did not say it was easy, it sucked for me, hopefully it will be better for you. but as bad as it feels, remember it will get better for you too!

NOTE: detox from nicotine will take 3 days,, drink lots of water,... and drink some juice or candies because your body will require more sugars with the lack of nicotine.
scottinpa
Please ignore my spelling... I can't type

"I have quit smoking,.. I am never going to smoke again, I am not sure how I know this... I just do.

QUOTING JWG.... " The hardest step to quitting is the first one, the second most difficult is the second. from there each step , each day , gets you further down the path .. mind you , each day dose not get easier untill you allow it to be so" .. and I add... " It is entirely up to you!! "

#4 andybeard

andybeard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

I just Google'd nicotrol and it's an inhaler, is that correct?

1372258800_1_20_USD_2_default.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users