24 replies to this topic

#1 JBarbara

JBarbara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouthern California (City: Buena Park), USA

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

It’s been 5 months since I stopped smoking and I realized that quitting smoking actually decreases stress. Since I know I am not ruining my body and health. In a way, it adds up to emotional well-being.

#2 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011
  • LocationLiving with the Amish

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

Congrats on 5 months of Cig freedom. :-)

#3 bama

bama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Great to hear success stories. Congratulations on 5 months and best wishes for many more.

#4 kinkash

kinkash

I once was blind, but now I see

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,659 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Awesome!!!
When the student is ready...The teacher will appear-Soul
Fear of the quit is worse than the quit-Cookielinda
When you stop buying cig......You start paying for your addiction - jwg

Smoking is not some friend that brings you comfort. It is the Enemy that wants to kill you!

fe465a219fb77a9e991afb52f739.png

#5 cbis99

cbis99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

5 months here to and I agree. I used to stess all the time about my health and the fact that I was killing myself slowly but surely especially when I would look at my kids. Now I am proud of myself.

keep ON.................keeping on.
Posted Image

#6 sybil318

sybil318

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

You quit smoking cigarettes but you used nicotine E-cigs and posted earlier that you hadn't even started the nicotine free liquid yet...and weren't even 100% committed to remaining nicotine free. Unfortunately that is not quitting and you can hardly say you are 5 months into a quit. You quit burning leaves and inhaling the smoke. You replaced it with another foreign substance...vapor with nicotine. As long as you are getting nicotine by inhaling a foreign substance into your lungs and not attempting to break the physical and mental habits of smoking, you are still a smoker. You just don't smell like an old ashtray anymore.

Congrats on trying to become nicotine free though. There is a board on here for Electronic Cigarette smokers. I don't know what's all on there but maybe you can get E-cig support there.

I personally don't think it's right to seek out "congratulations" when you are not nicotine free and have not quit. To all of us on here that have trudged through the actual quit, it's a bit insulting. Most of us on here commit to N.O.P.E...Not One Puff EVER!

Sorry if my opinion isn't a popular one.
Tracy
Nebraska, USA

"If it's not bleeding or broken, you're fine." ~ Me

Posted Image

“Boy, you knock on the devil's door and he will head slam you through the wall.” ~ Sherrilyn Kenyon
Breaking the N.O.P.E. pledge is like knocking on the devil's door...

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

Well, Tracy, I could have said the same but maybe not so nicely.

This was my response to her friend last week:

I object to somebody calling themselves an "ex-smoker" whilst puffing nicotine off a vaper/plastic tube/metal tube. :roll:

The addiction is there
The puffing is there
The nicotine is there

#8 sybil318

sybil318

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

Thank you for saying I said it nicely, Susana! According to my PM inbox, apparently someone didn't think so! Hehehehe.
Tracy
Nebraska, USA

Posted Image

“Boy, you knock on the devil's door and he will head slam you through the wall.” ~ Sherrilyn Kenyon

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Thank you for saying I said it nicely, Susana! According to my PM inbox, apparently some didn't think so! Hehehehe.

Screw'em. Speak the truth.

I get nasty grams whenever I speak something that hurts a fragile soul. It's comical actually.

#10 Paradox

Paradox

HUH?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • quitdate:
    2012-03-18

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

You quit smoking cigarettes but you used nicotine E-cigs and posted earlier that you hadn't even started the nicotine free liquid yet...and weren't even 100% committed to remaining nicotine free. Unfortunately that is not quitting and you can hardly say you are 5 months into a quit. You quit burning leaves and inhaling the smoke. You replaced it with another foreign substance...vapor with nicotine. As long as you are getting nicotine by inhaling a foreign substance into your lungs and not attempting to break the physical and mental habits of smoking, you are still a smoker. You just don't smell like an old ashtray anymore.

Congrats on trying to become nicotine free though. There is a board on here for Electronic Cigarette smokers. I don't know what's all on there but maybe you can get E-cig support there.

I personally don't think it's right to seek out "congratulations" when you are not nicotine free and have not quit. To all of us on here that have trudged through the actual quit, it's a bit insulting. Most of us on here commit to N.O.P.E...Not One Puff EVER!

Sorry if my opinion isn't a popular one.

I keep looking around for the like button

Stolen Quotes. . .                  "Just one" doesn't exist. It is a figment of your very addicted imagination.

The worst day to quit smoking is 'tomorrow'... The best day would have been yesterday, but the ideal day is now today.

#11 bakon

bakon

Pea Brain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • quitdate:
    9-24-12
  • LocationOwn World

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

I wont take a side but wonder when you are going nicotine free? Not smoking is hard, but nicotine free is the goal right? Take some time and figure out a plan, otherwise you are still stuck on the ferris wheel. Come join us on the rollercoaster, more work but worth it.

Starting Now
Keep Marching.

#12 jimmy009

jimmy009

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts
  • quitdate:
    3/3/13
  • Locationcleburne texas

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

sybil you make scence to me tell the truth it will set yu free :mrgreen: :D 8)
  1. free-cool-smileys-268.gifc07cb18bad.pngz5vdtexo8.png 

#13 slocum

slocum

Crave free!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,961 posts
  • quitdate:
    11-02-2007

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Congratulations Barbara. You're doing great. I found my stress level and anxiety went down also. :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

Quit date: November 2, 2007
Facing the truth about addiction one day at a time.

#14 JBarbara

JBarbara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouthern California (City: Buena Park), USA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

Hello everyone,

I can see some of you do not agree with my post. Well, i understand that quitting nicotine completely is the goal here but the grip of addiction is too strong for me to be able to come out of it instantly. and I think its better to quit with e-cigs then not to quit at all. For those of us who are not Not yet ready to completely give up smoking making use of “clean” alternative is good i guess. and as i told you i will be vaping nicotine free ecig to get nearer to my destination :D so all is well i guess :roll:

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hello everyone,

I can see some of you do not agree with my post. Well, i understand that quitting nicotine completely is the goal here but the grip of addiction is too strong for me to be able to come out of it instantly. and I think its better to quit with e-cigs then not to quit at all. For those of us who are not Not yet ready to completely give up smoking making use of “clean” alternative is good i guess. and as i told you i will be vaping nicotine free ecig to get nearer to my destination :D so all is well i guess :roll:

You're full of crap.

#16 sybil318

sybil318

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Hello everyone,

I have a great respect to MarylandQuitter for the decorum he showed in responding to your post. Me? I have zero problem with how you choose to travel your journey. But, I had a problem with you coming on here and saying you are 5 months quit when that is in no way, shape or form true. If it's true to you and you want to pat yourself on the back, great! But at least come on here and say, "Hey, I am still vaping nicotine but I am 5 months, no cigarettes." Again, as has been said to all of your posts...there is another forum for that support.

I would take a shot in the dark that you will get NO support on this board saying that the grip of addiction is too strong for "you". That statement makes NO sense and is benighted. I am glad that you are so special up on your high horse and that your brain is one-of-a-kind. The grip of addiction is "too strong" for all of us. I suggest you do your research and get educated before you insinuate how it must have been easier for us to quit because we weren't as addicted as you. We just took the bull by the horns and decided that we would get educated, stick it out, be strong and never take a puff again. We decided that hell week, nicotine withdrawal, etc. were all worth it for a lifetime of freedom.

We also chose to get educated, which you definitely need to do...in many ways...so you can see that your "I-am-way-more-addicted-than-most-people" attitude is a common thought for ALL addicts and is said because they are AFRAID to quit. You're reference to it being a "clean" alternative also shows your lack of education. There is reason you don't see the E-cig ads screaming out to the world that they are healthy, clean or good for you. I suggest you do some research because I could justify smoking by saying it's a healthier alternative to dealing with stress than shooting heroin.

I'm sorry you don't feel supported here but this is a support board for people who have QUIT SMOKING and to that end, they are VERY supportive. I don't understand why you keep coming on a quit smoking forum to get support for your "quit" and then feel the need to keep explaining yourself.

Me, personally, even though I was JUST AS ADDICTED as you, I'd rather quit than order vials of liquid, worry about filters, batteries, chargers, packs...and after all that, walk around with a plastic or metal tube dangling from my lips. Just my opinion and because I was JUST AS ADDICTED as you, I get a little crabby about it 10 days in.
Tracy
Nebraska, USA

Posted Image

#17 scottinpa

scottinpa

completed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,765 posts
  • LocationBucks County, Pennsylvania, USA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

I know we dont always agree MQ, but this one was spot on!!! :mrgreen:

You're full of crap.

+1 :lol:
scottinpa
Please ignore my spelling... I can't type

"I have quit smoking,.. I am never going to smoke again, I am not sure how I know this... I just do.

QUOTING JWG.... " The hardest step to quitting is the first one, the second most difficult is the second. from there each step , each day , gets you further down the path .. mind you , each day dose not get easier untill you allow it to be so" .. and I add... " It is entirely up to you!! "

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

JBarbara, if you're real and not a salesperson for vape crap and are serious about quitting, this is what you need to know...

You have believed the lies and are living a life of slavery and death. Now stop the madness and do what any good Spartan would do and kick the habit.

#19 justinbroce

justinbroce

• NEWLY_REGISTERED
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

Wow, people get so sanctimonious when they're in recovery from something! Who says everyone's goal is nicotine free? From what I've read nicotine by itself is about as dangerous as caffeine. Why the hate? No tobacco means no smoke, no tar, no 4000 toxic chemicals, no carcinogens, no smell, no ashes, no butts, If someone pulled on an e-cog all day, every day she'd still be SO much better off than smoking. Ever hear of harm reduction? It's the same thing as gum and patches. If you want to be nic free, be nic free, but don't hate on people improving their lives in a different way than you are.

#20 eros199

eros199

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Wow, people get so sanctimonious when they're in recovery from something! Who says everyone's goal is nicotine free? From what I've read nicotine by itself is about as dangerous as caffeine. Why the hate? No tobacco means no smoke, no tar, no 4000 toxic chemicals, no carcinogens, no smell, no ashes, no butts, If someone pulled on an e-cog all day, every day she'd still be SO much better off than smoking. Ever hear of harm reduction? It's the same thing as gum and patches. If you want to be nic free, be nic free, but don't hate on people improving their lives in a different way than you are.

Thats just the point Justinbroce The main board is for those who have quit nicotine all together and want to be nicotine free. there are sub boards for folks who are trying to quit in other ways I don't use nicotine and I don't get on the e-cig board or the Chantax board they do not relate to me and if a person is still using nicotine I can see some folks here getting up set by aperson saying they are 5 months free. HERE YOU HAVE TO EARN IT, IT'S NOT A GIVE ME!! AND THAT'S ALL I GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT and as far as santimonious goes. I see today is your first day here stick around for a while get to know the people here then give your oppinion

When you dance with the Devil, He never lets you lead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users