• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lovelycat

Lovelycat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hi everyone!! I'm still smoke free and have been on Chantix. I do not want to buy the last four weeks. Although, I feel like I will need something to take once I'm off of it. I've always had anxiety and since starting chantix I have noticed that it isn't around as often. I feel the chantix calms me down. I have seen therapists and everything in the past and I'm not against taking an anti anxiety medication daily. Has anyone else gotten off chantix and then was prescribed something similar for anxiety?? I don't know if it's the not smoking that has given me less anxiety or if its the chantix. Also, I have been cutting the pills in half the past 3 days, so I'm only taking 1 pill total. How has everyone slowly gotten off chantix??? In 2 days should I try taking only half of a pill every day? Thank you!!!

#2 Maasie

Maasie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

:D Bravo on a job well done. I tripped and am trying it again. I just can't seem to give up three a day. I don't need them physically but I just can't discipline myself to not pick it up. I am alone all day so that may not be helping...everyone I know works. On the up side I know I can do it and want to....Went from two packs a day down to three effortlessly but these three little buggers are tripping me up! I keep reading your posts and getting encouragement. Sorry I have no answers for your questions but you have been an inspiration and I thank you for that. :)

#3 Bradley Parker

Bradley Parker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:10 AM

IT is ok to stop abruptly Chantix and it is also ok to wean form Chantix.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=52106#p605104

ntp.gifQINFS
Chantix Low-Dosage Quit Method
Quit since August 18th 2012 - QSMB's youngest Olde Pharte at 22

#4 Maasie

Maasie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hi everyone!! I'm still smoke free and have been on Chantix. I do not want to buy the last four weeks. Although, I feel like I will need something to take once I'm off of it. I've always had anxiety and since starting chantix I have noticed that it isn't around as often. I feel the chantix calms me down. I have seen therapists and everything in the past and I'm not against taking an anti anxiety medication daily. Has anyone else gotten off chantix and then was prescribed something similar for anxiety?? I don't know if it's the not smoking that has given me less anxiety or if its the chantix. Also, I have been cutting the pills in half the past 3 days, so I'm only taking 1 pill total. How has everyone slowly gotten off chantix??? In 2 days should I try taking only half of a pill every day? Thank you!!!

:D Eight days ago I quit taking Chantix totally. Restless Leg Syndrome started and I read up on that and it is a side effect of the drug. Did fine the first few day cold turkey from Chantix but now not as well. Went and bought some St. John's Wort and Vitamin B-12 sublingual drops to combat the total lack of serotonin. Can tell a HUGE difference. Will let you know how that works out after a week or so.

#5 Bradley Parker

Bradley Parker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

:D Eight days ago I quit taking Chantix totally. Restless Leg Syndrome started and I read up on that and it is a side effect of the drug. Did fine the first few day cold turkey from Chantix but now not as well. Went and bought some St. John's Wort and Vitamin B-12 sublingual drops to combat the total lack of serotonin. Can tell a HUGE difference. Will let you know how that works out after a week or so.

Eight days ago you posted in this thread you were still smoking three cigarettes a day, what is your progress on smoking? That is very good to know that you found some relief from Chantix withdrawal with St. John's Wort and Vitamin B-12, will have to spread that information around and see if others can also benefit from your knowledge and experience.

ntp.gifQINFS
Chantix Low-Dosage Quit Method
Quit since August 18th 2012 - QSMB's youngest Olde Pharte at 22

#6 Maasie

Maasie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Eight days ago you posted in this thread you were still smoking three cigarettes a day, what is your progress on smoking? That is very good to know that you found some relief from Chantix withdrawal with St. John's Wort and Vitamin B-12, will have to spread that information around and see if others can also benefit from your knowledge and experience.

Well I am up to eight ciggies a day and restarted the Chantix. It took six weeks before the RLS started so I figure if I can knock these last eight out in a month with Chantix knowing what I know now about the drug I will have it made. I gotta tell you that the John's Wort took care of the nasty me along with the sublingual B-12. Really feel the St.Johns Wort had most to do with it. I felt better after one tablet of St. John's Wort, twice a day. I'm back on the road now, the Chantix has kicked in and I am continuing the St. John's with Chantix. Checked online and saw no one had any adverse effects doing that. Working out well. I should have listened to you Bradley the first time....set a quit date. I would have been done by now...oh well, live and learn. Here's to me being smoke free within the month! Thanks for asking!

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users