Photo

I quit smoking and now allergies after NONE for years.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kevtav

kevtav

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

I don't know if anyone has experienced this but I am a little over a month quit and I am having allergic reactions many hours a day now.

I never had this problem as a smoker. In fact I never hacked in the morning, never had smokers cough, never had breathing problems. I was a chain smoker too. And even this month since quitting I haven't coughed ONCE from any sort of lung clearing or healing.

So what gives? Why do I feel like crap NOW as a non smoker?

#2 soul

soul

PAY IT FORWARD ~ ETQ ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,468 posts
  • quitdate:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

be patient, the abuse our body took and the adjustments it had to try to do to cope with the poison in cigarettes is great. Give your body a chance to heal and find a new balance.
If you are concerned about anything i suggest you see your doctor.

Be patient..................and remember that a period of transition with some allergies or discomfort is really not much compared to what smoking has in store for you. The pain and suffering from cancer and chemo are the smokers "rewards"............... you deserve better.

I am a puff away from a pack a day!!

SOUL

#3 Stephanie

Stephanie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,091 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

Nicotine is a vascular constrictor and your body is adjusting, it ends for sure!

Steph
:D
We are all Brothers
None goes his way alone
What we bring into the lives of others
Comes back into our own

my first free moment was 10/18/05 at 11:58 pm.
a very fine moment, and I did not even know it then.

#4 PilgrimUK

PilgrimUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationEast Yorkshire, UK

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

Nothing you ahve posted looks like allergies.
It all sounds like a body healing itself.
Newbie Package | Why Quit Website | Freedom From Nicotine (FFN - PDF) | Never Take Another Puff (NTAP - PDF) | Allen Carr - Scandal
FFN & NTAP PDFs are on the whyquit site.
ADMIN: "Allen Carr's - Scandal" PDF is his free book written before his death. It IS NOT his paid for "Easyway to Quit Smoking"

#5 babs609

babs609

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

I don't know if anyone has experienced this but I am a little over a month quit and I am having allergic reactions many hours a day now.

I never had this problem as a smoker. In fact I never hacked in the morning, never had smokers cough, never had breathing problems. I was a chain smoker too. And even this month since quitting I haven't coughed ONCE from any sort of lung clearing or healing.

So what gives? Why do I feel like crap NOW as a non smoker?

calm down and be patient....and don't let yourself believe you have symptoms because you QUIT..the symptoms are from the smoking to begin with.

#6 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011
  • LocationLiving with the Amish

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

OMG this yr I too have had on & off again allergy problems-funny what smoking covers up huh??

#7 frezlis

frezlis

My title? Do I have one?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • quitdate:
    09/16/2012

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

Actually this year has been one of the worst for allergy sufferers, at least around here. Since January I have been having some sort of crappy allergy problem If it wasn't my eyes it was the sneezing and runny nose (still smoked then) I still have allergies but then again it is fall and my allergies always act up in the fall.

I am one cigarette away from smoking full time...how do you avoid that? Never smoke again that's how!!!!!

image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2012

#8 Sillysally

Sillysally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAlicante Spain.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

It's not unusual for this to happen when you quit smoking. My mother who quit 8 years ago developed hayfever, asma and dermatitis 6 weeks into her quit, she still has these allergies many years later.

I quit about 7 weeks ago, my skin has turned terribly dry, (I have never had skin problems) it has thickened and I have developed Rosacea. The doctor has told me that nicotine suppresses Rosacea symptoms so I probably had it for many years but only NOW are the symptoms appearing due to lack of nicotine.

I would wait for a few weeks to see if the symptoms increase, if they do then visit your doctor for advice. You may be lucky and your body will adjust and the symptoms will just disappear. In any case whatever side effect you may encounter you will ALWAYS be better off than smoking! :D

Best of luck!
Posted Image

A cigarette is a pipe with a fire at one end and a fool at the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users