10 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowAngel

ShadowAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMcKinney, TX

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

I made up my mind I was going to finally get off the nasty cigarettes. Armed with a lot of willpower, my 3 kids begging me to, and my husband's advice to use an e-cig, I finally did it.

I've been cigarette free since January 1, 2012. Yay!!! I have to admit, I really like not smelling like an used ashtray anymore!

I've tried the gum, patches, Chantix, etc... (I think if it's sold as a quit smoking aid, I've tried it.) and none of them worked for me. So far, the e-cig seems almost too easy. I can be around someone smoking a real cigarette and not want to jump them for the pack I know they have on them somewhere. :lol: Right now though, that's the major part of the battle. Once I get over the phase of "I need a cigarette", I can wean myself off the e-cig. My plan is to work my way down to zero nicotine by March 1. I'm currently using 12mg, down from 24mg for the first couple of days.

I figure after all, the hardest part was actually laying them down and saying no more. I was strong enough to do that. I can so do this. :D
Posted Image

#2 shc

shc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

Congratulations!
Posted Image

#3 EaglesWing

EaglesWing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I'm like you....I tried everything but the Chantix. They worked ok for awhile, but I was always going back to smoking. I have a husband who smokes around me all the time...so this way I''m not
tempted to reach for one of his anymore. You CAN do this!! You ARE DOING this!! YAY YOU!! :D :mrgreen:

#4 ShadowAngel

ShadowAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMcKinney, TX

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

Kay - I was reading your thread, and I have to say, "You go, girl!" I can't imagine doing this if my husband still smoked. You're doing a fabulous job!

My husband is taking me shopping at the e-cig store today. I get to pick out some new lower dose flavors. I'm excited about this. I saw on their site that they have a chai tea. I can't wait to go get some have that tonight with my nightly cup of chai bliss. :)

Yet another good thing about quitting with the e-cig. I can match flavors and complement anything!
Posted Image

#5 MrsTerriJane

MrsTerriJane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

I'm looking for a flavor to go with new shoes! LOL. YAY for all us sweet smelling people.

#6 EaglesWing

EaglesWing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

Anymore, I have my cuppa joe ( with Hazelnut creamer) with a chocolate nico-free ecig in the mornings! Really complements the coffee.
Let us know if you find something out there to complement those new shoes! :lol: :lol:
You never know what you're capable of until you have to do something.

#7 ShadowAngel

ShadowAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMcKinney, TX

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

*waves*

My kids have been keeping me so busy lately. I think they like their mom better now that I don't smell like burned paper and tobacco. :)

I'm at 26 days without a cigarette. Wowzers! I still can't believe it!

I've stepped down from 12 mg to 8 mg liquid! I plan on giving it a week, seeing how I'm doing, then more than likely stepping down to 6 mg. I just don't want to rush it and cause myself to regress... that's my biggest fear.

Oh, and I think I found the perfect flavor for new shoes... at least new knee high boots, at any rate - Red Hot Cinnamon. :D My husband highly approved of both!
Posted Image

#8 TravellingSunny

TravellingSunny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.A.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

26 days without a cigarette is great! I wish you success on your journey. Sounds as if you are making progress at stepping down from the nicotine. I'm proud of you. (And jealous of the new boots!)

Day 35 for me without a cigarette.
Quit Date: December 24, 2011
Quit Method: Chantix for two weeks, then education, stubbornness, and this forum!

#9 ShadowAngel

ShadowAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMcKinney, TX

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

Congratulations on 35 days without a cigarette, Sunny! That's amazing. :)
Posted Image

#10 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011
  • LocationLiving with the Amish

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:46 AM

Whatever works for you is basically what matters-HOPEFULLY by March 1 you can not only go "nic" free but e cig free too-wouldn't that be sweet totally doing it on your own :D

#11 Marvitta

Marvitta

Free & Healing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:23 AM

*waves*

My kids have been keeping me so busy lately. I think they like their mom better now that I don't smell like burned paper and tobacco. :)

I'm at 26 days without a cigarette. Wowzers! I still can't believe it!

I've stepped down from 12 mg to 8 mg liquid! I plan on giving it a week, seeing how I'm doing, then more than likely stepping down to 6 mg. I just don't want to rush it and cause myself to regress... that's my biggest fear.

Oh, and I think I found the perfect flavor for new shoes... at least new knee high boots, at any rate - Red Hot Cinnamon. :D My husband highly approved of both!

Sounds like you are doing great at getting off the nic ! :D

Congrats on your 26 days free from the ciggys ! I think it's good you have set a date to be nic free !
Stick to it and keep moving forward !

You can do it .....just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will get where you want to be ! :D
(I started about age six and smoked over fourty years.... anyone can quit!)

Smoke & Nicotine free since 7/19/2011
~~~~The Day I Quit!~~~~

If You Are Going Though Hell, Keep Going ~ Winston S. Churchill
~~One Foot In Front Of The Other Gets You Where Your Going~~

~~~~~Life is What Happens When You Are Making Other Plans~~~~~ John Lennon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users