50 replies to this topic

#1 EaglesWing

EaglesWing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

I had planned on waiting until January 1st, but the waiting and thinking about quitting while still smoking was driving me NUTS! So decided to go ahead and start today.
I know there are hard times ahead of me, but somehow/someway I MUST get through them! Oh, I need to get a ticker count up clock for here, I'll go do that now...
give these idle hands something to do! lol!

#2 MrsTerriJane

MrsTerriJane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

Wonderful decision. Keep your hands busy and a glass of juice at hand. So glad you are back on the train. Have you picked out some rewards for reaching milestones? For my one month I went to Barnes and Noble and looked at books and drank a latte and looked at more books, then spent my cig savings on some very carefully and enjoyably chosen books. Oh, and I didnt bring my cell phone with me. Heaven. Anyway, pick some rewards so you will have somethinng to look forward too when the stress craves hit (besides the obvious rewards of extending your life, smelling good, being able to breathe LOL)

#3 Marvitta

Marvitta

Free & Healing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,090 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

Glad to see you Eagle ! :D

Especially glad you quit, now drink some juice ! :D

Hugs,
Marvitta :D
(I started about age six and smoked over fourty years.... anyone can quit!)

Smoke & Nicotine free since 7/19/2011
~~~~The Day I Quit!~~~~

If You Are Going Though Hell, Keep Going ~ Winston S. Churchill
~~One Foot In Front Of The Other Gets You Where Your Going~~

~~~~~Life is What Happens When You Are Making Other Plans~~~~~ John Lennon

#4 milliemolly123

milliemolly123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast Australia

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

hey there

welcome back. Wishing you all the best with your quit

Millie x
Quit date: 28/10/11
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Inquistadora

Inquistadora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

Congratulations !!!!

I can recommend bubble pack for keeping your hands/whole body busy. If you don't have any around, you can pick it up cheap at UHaul or other self-move companies. You can pop the bubbles with your fingers (-pop- -pop- -pop-) or JUMP on it when you get frustrated. It is a wonderful way to get aggressions out, when you get to that point the day after tomorrow 8)

#6 MrsTerriJane

MrsTerriJane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:46 AM

good idea..i love popping those bubbles.

#7 EaglesWing

EaglesWing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:59 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: What are you guys trying to do?? Drive my husband CRAZY?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's now been 22 hrs since I put those nasties away. I did actually very well yesterday. I had to drive my husband to the Dr's yesterday and he smokes, so I took MY "cigs" with me, and
whenever I felt like I needed to smoke, I used those instead. And there was one time yesterday when he said "I need to discuss some things with you"....normally that means some
serious stuff...which normally leads to my grabbing a cig, so I grabbed my 0 nicotine (vanilla flavored) ecig instead and sat down to "discuss"...turned out to be nothing really serious
at all. Isn't that the way things go? lol! But it sure is nice to be able to sit down with my husband again these days. All my other quits I've attempted over the years, I've basically had to stay away from him, because
the temptation to reach out and grab one of his cig was just too much. It was definately putting a strain on our relationship. I have ordered some sample flavors ( 0 nicotine) and blank cartomizers
so I will have alittle bit of a selection. I really think I've hit on something with this thang. They taste much better than real cigs and I've never liked the taste of a regular cig, so
making the switch should be easy. Anyway, I'll stop yammering here, and go do somthin else for awhile! Thank you so much for your support! It means ALOT! :D

#8 saraf3m

saraf3m

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

I'm so happy for you! Not only am I rooting for you, I want to thank you for your past support to this group, and now for being my inspiration for my 0 nic step for the New Year.
Maybe you'll inspire your husband?
I wish easy breathing and a long life cig free for you...I hope all your coming days are happy ones!

#9 MrsTerriJane

MrsTerriJane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:42 AM

I am thrilled you are doing well. Woohoo for 22 hrs! Keep up the great work. i'm glad it's working with your hubby. I always had that problem too, ( having to keep my distance) and you are right this makes it easier. I haven't ventured beyond the menthol flavors yet. Going to branch out flavor wise next order.

You go girl...you are rocking it!

#10 EaglesWing

EaglesWing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:28 AM

I ordered some sample flavors the other day along with some blank cartomizers. I got them yesterday in the mail and did my first cart filling. Quite simple really. I ordered banana, bubble gum, orange dream cycle, chocolate, and vanilla cupcake....(all 0 nicotine) so far I'm having the chocolate with my chocolate flavored coffee this morning...so it's matching very well, and it's really helping me beat that first of the morning craving, which is normally THE WORST crave of the day for me. Starting Day 3 here, and I'm doing very well. I dreamed last night that my hubby was back in the hospital on the 4th floor, and was scheduled for surgery, but I didn't know WHEN, and I couldn't get the darn elevator to take me to the 4th floor!! Very stressful dream! lol! And THEN I dreamed that I prayed to God for His help in quitting smoking! Now I have
no problem with the fact that I dreamed I was praying, in fact I hope He heard those prayers, and I've added an 'AMEN" this morning now that I'm awake!! But has anyone else DREAMED they were praying?? I've had lots of dreams where I'm smoking and then wake up in a panic for fear I've actually smoked....but this is the first time I've ever prayed in my dreams to my recollection! lol! Anway, hope all have a great smoke-free day!

#11 shc

shc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

Amen…and congratulations. :D
Happy smoke free New Year.
Posted Image

#12 secondchance

secondchance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

Funny you should ask...not too long ago I had a dream that I would just smoke just one cig. It was as though I could actually taste the cigarette and I was enjoying smoking. When I had awakened from my dream I was looking around thinking I ruined my quit. My dream just was a slap of reality, so to speak. I could easily smoke but I have chosen to quit and stay nicotine free. The few things that were left out of my dream of smoking that 1 cig was...smoker's cough, spending $$ on cigs, always thinking about my next smoke. :D Have A Happy Smoke Free New Year! :D

Feb. 23, 2011~~I made a change in my life :D

#13 EaglesWing

EaglesWing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

It's now been 2 days and 22 hours since I stopped smoking. As I write this there is a pack of cigarettes laying over on the kitchen table, not 5 ft from me, and my husband is sound
asleep so I could go over there and smoke one and no one would be the wiser~~~ Except Me & God! Will I go over there and smoke one? No! Because there is NO such thing
as one!! I'm really not tempted to go over there because I have MY "cig" that dosen't have nicotine and the other 1000 chemicals that his does, and mine tastes AWHOLE lot better
than those nasty tasting things!! So here's to Day 3 and beyond!! :D

#14 EaglesWing

EaglesWing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

So I started off this New Year with a fight! With myself of course! :lol: Since today was supposed to be my original quit date, my addicted side kept arguing with me that I "needed" to smoke "one" more cigarette...for ole langue sign! AARRGGHHH!!
Back and forth, back and forth I went! Driving myself crazy! Finally my angel side had had enough and said..."Just go take a F'n shower already!!!" :roll: :lol: :lol: So I'm proud to say that instead of coming on here saying today is Day 1, I can say that
today is Day 5!! :mrgreen:

#15 milliemolly123

milliemolly123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast Australia

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

Great job Kay

So pleased to see you are sticking with your plan

Millie x
Quit date: 28/10/11
Posted Image Posted Image

#16 Wintering

Wintering

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

So I started off this New Year with a fight! With myself of course! :lol: Since today was supposed to be my original quit date, my addicted side kept arguing with me that I "needed" to smoke "one" more cigarette...for ole langue sign! AARRGGHHH!!
Back and forth, back and forth I went! Driving myself crazy! Finally my angel side had had enough and said..."Just go take a F'n shower already!!!" :roll: :lol: :lol: So I'm proud to say that instead of coming on here saying today is Day 1, I can say that
today is Day 5!! :mrgreen:

Yay you! Well done Kay! :) We are all so proud of you. You certainly do have a LOT of temptations, but instead of listening to the nasty demon, you listened to your angel. Yippie ..... It's gonna be a great year!

Stay strong Kay. This isn't easy, but it is soooo worth it!

#17 EaglesWing

EaglesWing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

Thank you all for your support and encouragement! It means ALOT to me. I have been doing fine these last few days. I even sat
in the Great Room, in front of the fireplace this morning and drank my first cup a joe with my 0 nicotine ecig this morning. My husbands
regular cigs were sitting right next to me!! But I was only tempted for a nanosecond...Just a very passing thought of...oh I could have one
of those instead....but then I thought WHY would I want one of those?? They taste NASTY, and MINE taste soooo much better, vanilla flavored,
MUCH better! :D So I'm happy to post that I start Day 7 this morning! :D :D :D

#18 saraf3m

saraf3m

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

Every breath only has full potential to oxygenate only when it is not suffocated with smoke. Breathe freely, every breath. Keep up the good job!

#19 EaglesWing

EaglesWing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

In another 3 1/2 hours I will have been smoke-free for 7 days! YAY ME! :mrgreen: I'm very proud and happy about that!
Although my ecig has no nicotine in it, I do chew some nico gum during the day. Yesterday I chewed 4 pieces of the gum...But I'm
sure over time I'll be dropping that as well! :D With this just being Day 7 I think I'm doing darn well! Especially with cigs laying about the house, and my husband smoking all the time.
I've asked him in the past to please hide his cigarettes, and he does, occassionally. But he isn't very consistant with it, so I've pretty much given up on the idea. The only support I
get is from these boards, so I really appreciate the support I get here! THANK YOU! :D

#20 Pickles

Pickles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

Kay you have a great attitude about it all. You sound as surprised as I feel. One day at a time. You are amazing. Keep on trucking. :D
Posted Image
Quit Date 7th November 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users