6 replies to this topic

#1 EaglesWing

EaglesWing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:02 PM

I gave up my quit of about 140 days when my husband had complications due to surgery recently. He is still in the hospital, but hopefully is on the mend now and will be home soon. Anyway, I'm soo tired of patch on~patch off, that I'm going to try something totally different for me. I have ordered the blu ecig with 0 nicotine, vanilla flavored. I think my main problem is psychological rather than physical, and I'm hoping by using the ecig when I feel stressed, I can keep from smoking regular cigarettes. Since my husband smokes around me all the time, and there are cigarettes soo easily in reach, I'm planning on reaching for that ecig instead. Since they won't have any nicotine in them, essentially I am going to quit cold turkey...but since I will be using the ecig some, atleast for awhile I figured I better post in this forum...if you get my drift. I do have a question though...I have ordered the starter pack from Blu Ecig. And I've ordered it with 0 nicotine and vanilla flavored cartridges. Has anyone here tried those? Does anyone here use the Blu? Can I buy cartridges from any other company? or do I have to stay with only Blu flavorings? I'm hoping I'll like these vanilla flavorings, but really ANYTHING will taste better than a regular cigarette! I've never liked the taste of a cigarette anyway! I know, hard to believe, but it's the truth! I've always smoked with either a mint in my mouth, or a drink in my hand! lol! I should get this thing tomorrow. I've been thinking about a quit date and I can't decide whether to quit on the 24 or 25th...or wait for things to calm down around here alittle with my husband and quit on Jan 1st. I'll figure that one out as I go I guess....but any positive input would be appreciated.

#2 Marvitta

Marvitta

Free & Healing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,094 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

Hi Kay,

Sorry to hear about your quit! :cry:

I hope the ecig will help and that we are still buds ! :)

I can't help with your question but I sure hope you put those stinky smokes out sweetie, anyway just wanted to say I'm here for you anytime quit bud ! :wink:
Sending good thoughts and prayers for Phil's speedy recovery.

Let's keep pushing and pulling up this mountain !!

I'm sending you hugs!
Marvitta :D
(I started about age six and smoked over fourty years.... anyone can quit!)

Smoke & Nicotine free since 7/19/2011
~~~~The Day I Quit!~~~~

If You Are Going Though Hell, Keep Going ~ Winston S. Churchill
~~One Foot In Front Of The Other Gets You Where Your Going~~

~~~~~Life is What Happens When You Are Making Other Plans~~~~~ John Lennon

#3 shc

shc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

Sorry to hear about your husband and I hope everything works out for the best. I lost a three month quit they same way you did when my wife showed signs of a heart attack. Stress was always my weakness.

I hope the Blu works out for you. I don’t know much about Blu but I did check their web site. It looks like the Cartomizers have a 510 fitting and if so you are in luck because you can buy blanks at many places as low as a dollar apiece. Eliquid will run you about .50 to a dollar per ml. You can refill the Blu cartomizers if you must but it’s best to use the same flavor liquid. Do not believe what they say about having the same capacity as a pack of cigarettes. Just ain’t true and very unnecessary to say that and a very deceptive sales tactic. I think it’s a good idea to start off at zero nic and if that works for you, Fabulous. If not don’t kick yourself and give up on the idea. You will still have options.
Best of luck,
SC
Posted Image

#4 Inquistadora

Inquistadora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:43 AM

I find having a variety of flavors at hand to be helpful. Assuming your Blu cartridges are refillable, I would suggest you get at least one tobacco-flavored eliquid and also a menthol for bad moments. Cherry is also very popular but I haven't tried that. I got a rash from the pina-colada types, so I can't recommend those.

You don't need to get the e-liquids from the same supplier you got the hardware from. The safer ones are e-liquid suppliers using pharma-grade ingredients (GRAS or USP in the US).

My personal fave right now is Halo's Tribeca, but they don't have it in a zero nicotine :(

#5 MrsTerriJane

MrsTerriJane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:14 AM

Kay,
Sorry to hear about the complications with your dh surgery. .will pray for smooth sailing from here on. Stress is the trigger of all triggers isn't it? It has been my downfall more than once. or twice. :x Dont beat yourself up, just climb back on and get back to that beautiful quit you had going. I use the Halo liquid....they have lots of flavors, some that sounded really weird but I liked most of them. I like your plan to start with 0 nic. The oral fix is my thing too. My SIL calls her ecig her adult pacifier...she is on 0 nic now and is doing wonderful. You can do this!

#6 PokerNut

PokerNut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

((( K ))))
Posted Image

Aug. 10, 2012

#7 MrsTerriJane

MrsTerriJane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

kay..cant wait for you to board the quit choo choo with us. come on girl we're waiting for you with open arms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users