14 replies to this topic

#1 MrsTerriJane

MrsTerriJane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

hello all. My ecig will be here Monday. I am excited about embarking on a smoke free and eventually nic free life. I'm pretty much a chronic failure at quitting. Oddy, I am a pretty strong willed person except for this aweful habit. Failure after failure until I was just too embarressed to fail again. My sis-in-law quit smoking 2 months ago using the ecig. She is almost nic free now too. So here I am...excited, hopeful, praying this will be the way for me. I am so glad this sub forum is here for me to ask questions and get support. I'll check back in Monday.

#2 Wintering

Wintering

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:14 AM

Hi MrsTerriJane, welcome! I'm so glad you found us. Gosh, you sound so much like me. I tried absolutely everything to quit smoking. This is still a pretty new world for me too, but I'll be happy to help in any way I can. Remember, if your SIL and I can do it, you can too. I'm so excited for you!

Wintering

#3 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011
  • LocationLiving with the Amish

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

Glad you returned-maybe using an e cig might be a quit method that works for you & not just a different nic delivery system. I'm surprised you didn't goggle or whatever E cig sites maybe you felt like coming here where you know people freely give smokers wanting to quit some help.

#4 MrsTerriJane

MrsTerriJane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

Thank you Wintering for the warm welcome. i woke up this morning thinkink "tomorrow's the day". that's a good sign I think. I am so looking forward to smelling good. Vain I know, but it's one of the reasons that motivate me.

thank you too Greenlover for your welcome. I'm puzzled why you thought I should google ecig sites. I guess I thought they would be about using ecigs but not about quitting smoking? I know many people on this forum (as a whole) used some sort of NRT to help them quit. When I logged in and saw the sub forums for all the ways to quit and saw this one that was titled ecigs, I thought this would be a good place for me.

#5 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:38 AM

Yeah I guess that was Fred's wish too-guess he never figured most here wouldn't see e cigs as a quit method thats all.

#6 Inquistadora

Inquistadora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:59 AM

Who's Fred? Anyway, best of luck to you, MrsTerriJane. I myself have been 5 days using the ecigs but I'm still also smoking :( Many have been able to quit the very first day and I hope you will be one of those!

#7 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

Fred is one of the moderators.

#8 Inquistadora

Inquistadora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

MrsTerriJane, there is another ecig forum, but it is not about quittting. In fact, I haven't been able to find a subforum there about quitting. They do have a subforum for quitting stories submitted by those who make it, but nothing for us lowly types who only aspire to be tobacco-free. Plus, they seem to have the idea that quitting 'analogs' but continuing to vape their heads off is ok and fine and dandy.

I don't know what your thoughts might be on the subject, but for me, I won't be truly free until I don't have recourse to any of that stuff.

#9 Inquistadora

Inquistadora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

Plus, it is so cool if you wind up somplace and you forgot to bring your cigarettes and you don't panic because you don't need them. Freedom is GOOD! I don't like the fact that I am still smoking five times a day, but it is so much better than 30 times a day. I don't know what your situation is, but I feel as if I have been redeemed from slavery.

I hope you wind up as one of the lucky ones who can quit straight off. Keep that strong will up!

#10 MrsTerriJane

MrsTerriJane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

Haven't smoked for 24 hrs...since I opened the ecig box yesterday. it seems to be working really well for me so far. I do have a few questins I'm hoping someone here can answer. I have now a bottle of medium nic juice (12mg). The next one I order will be The low nic, which is 06mg. do i just cut the nic after that or is there a way to step down from there? I thought I read that someone was stepping down the nic 1 mg at a time.
thanks....the now smelling good mrs terrijane.

#11 Inquistadora

Inquistadora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:23 AM

Congratulations!!!!

What you do to step down from 6 mg is to order 0 mg liquid and mix it with the 6 mg. Check around on the back pages of your supplier's web site and you will probably find empty bottles for sale. If not, Halo has them.

#12 MrsTerriJane

MrsTerriJane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:45 AM

thanks! I cant wait until i am at that point.

#13 Inquistadora

Inquistadora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:53 AM

yw! I'm trying to find you a video to show the mixing process, since it is not simple to get that syrupy stuff to be all alike everywhere. Good thing you don't need it today . . .

#14 MrsTerriJane

MrsTerriJane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:03 AM

thank you, i really appreciate that. i think everything should come with a "how to" video..wow, where were how to videos when i was raising my kids? LOL.

#15 saraf3m

saraf3m

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:17 AM

That last comment made me laugh :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users