13 replies to this topic

#1 Omegamark

Omegamark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:15 PM

Hey gang. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I recently had a very, very, very, minor, very, very, very, mild heart attack. ':evil:' I know...it doesn't matter how many very-verys you put in front of it, it's still a heart attack. My doctors agree that it was very mild and I am very lucky. I had a blockage in an artery in the posterior section of the heart and any damage is totally fixable and they have every confidence that if I follow their program, my heart will be 100% healed. They went in with a catheter, found the blockage, inserted a stent and that was it.

It seems that was the cause of my soreness in my chest. I look at the bright side and think that after 25 years of smoking...It could have been much worse. This is my 43 year old wake-up call (as my Cardiologist put it). I need to start eating betting (Not like a 20 year old college student), lose some weight and start getting some exercise.

BTW: The doctors were exstatic that I had quit smoking and assure me that my breathing and lungs are in fine shape. I assured them that this episode just reassures my effort to never take another puff. Now get off the sofa, eat an apple and get going! ':D'

#2 chevy

chevy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:36 PM

Glad you're ok

#3 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • LocationBellevue, Nebraska

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:12 AM

Wow! Thank the Lord you are okay Omegamark! It is great that your doctors expect 100% healing of your heart as well.

It is important that we listen to our bodies. Like I have said to others there is the normal healing process but there ere times even though we have quit that we are going to get sick.

Happy your doing okay!

Scott

:)

#4 monica

monica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:12 AM

Thank God you are okay!!! I surely thought the pain in your chest you were always talking about was the clearing and healing of your lungs! I have missed you here and was just thinking of you the other day. Aren't you glad you quit smoking when you did? I hope you are feeling alot better now!! God was truley watching over you, it could had been so much worse. You take very good care of yourself and post back when you can!!!!

We all have missed you!!!!!!
What you do today must be important. After all, you spent a day of your life doing it.

#5 Wendy

Wendy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:48 AM

I'm glad you're okay.

Keep taking care of yourself.

Wendy

#6 Guest_kynicole_*

Guest_kynicole_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:51 AM

i am so glad you're ok. that is very scary and you are right to take it very,very,very seriously. just as you have quit smoking can you change other parts of your lifestyle a day at a time. i know that exercise always makes me feel sooooo much better mentally and physically. i actually feel bad now if i dont! we are here for you and please take good care of yourself.

#7 Omegamark

Omegamark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:18 AM

Thanks guys for all of the positive feedback and well wishing. Monica, you are right, but I think it's not just God is looking over me, I have a big family too. Many of them gone now from smoking related illnesses. I think they're pushing for me too. :)

I may not have totally dodged the bullet, but it only nicked me. I'll be back. I start back to work tomorrow. I'll be stronger and better than before but best of all...TOALLY CIGARETTE-FREE!!! 2 months, 2 weeks, 6 hours and 8 minutes. I've saved $200.55 and I have not smoked 1337 cigarettes.

#8 chevy

chevy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:22 AM

never say never

#9 Fanny9

Fanny9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:45 PM

glad you are on the road to wellness and fitness Omega! Keep that magnificent quit going on!

#10 KarenLou

KarenLou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,732 posts
  • quitdate:
    8/1/13
  • Locationwisconsin, USA

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:10 PM

Sure glad you're going to be okay :)

#11 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:28 PM

#12 Anju

Anju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationMukilteo, Washington

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:13 PM

SOOOOOOOOOO..........

How many pushups and jumping jacks did you do this morning? lol

I am so very happy to hear that u are ok and 100% repairable! Keep on truckin............~Anju
Posted Image
You cannot give unconditional love. You have to be it.

#13 marylou

marylou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSmalltown, Alberta, Canada

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:24 PM

Wow omegamark.....what a wake up call, eh? Sure glad you are ok and keep on getting off the couch and grabbing that apple. Congrates on your quit....best thing you will EVER do for yourself and your loved ones!!!!!!

#14 dino

dino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Locationhere...right now

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:03 PM

so glad to hear it wsn't any worse, and that you are back

ktq and stay strong

you are doing great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic