• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 stantheman86

stantheman86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have been smoking off and on for over 12 years now, I am 31 years old. I smoked from 1997 to 2002, quit in college, and then restarted when I was in the Army in 2007. I am now in my 2nd day smoke-free, and I am using the Nicorette Lozenges to take the edge off. I am done this time, I will not smoke again.

I quit mostly because I have been tired lately, have had a low sex drive and sporadic problems getting "up", I mean, it works, but sometimes I just don't have that burning urge to have sex.........I read that smoking affects both libido and erectile

I am in a relationship and I want to get back to how I was when I was in my mid 20's, in other words, I was ready to go pretty much 24/7 and would get erect when the wind blew lol

I am in great shape, I run and workout almost every day.

I just wanted to say, that even as soon as day 2 without smoking, my sex drive has increased and "it" feels more alive and "responsive"..........I woke up this morning with a full erection and if my girl wasn't on "that time" of the month, I would have definitely had sex this morning. I have been discussing my recent "issues" with not being "up" some of the time when I need to be, and she is very supportive and says that it doesn't matter, and I should see a Dr. I said that I would quit smoking because I feel it is a factor in what's happening. Last night we were just messing around and kissing, etc. and I was at a full erection and it felt great to see her give it an "approving look", because we had been talking about this for a few days now. Nothing needed to be said, but we both were thinking the same thing, like "YES!" and this morning, again, she noticed I had a full, complete erection when I rolled out of bed, which didn't always happen.........as soon as her "time of the month" is over, I am looking forward to testing "it" out, and looking forward to no longer having nicotine and the other toxins holding back my libido and function.
  • jillnu2 likes this

#2 Guest_BenJammin_*

Guest_BenJammin_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

Yup, one of the main reasons I keep wanting to stay quit. I've turned into a beast.:D

#3 Rain Forest

Rain Forest

Ash Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

TMI! TMI! TMI! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • lizasaidwot likes this

event.png

Freedom date: May 13, 2009

I oftentimes say I'm leaving here.  Jan says:

"She always says that. She's got her fingers crossed behind her back."

Jan is right... lol

#4 Karen20

Karen20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

TMI! TMI! TMI! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: !!

Well whatever your reason, it's good to hear your on your sticky quit stan! Glad the guys could give you some input into this. I hope you continue to enjoy one of the many benefits of letting go of this nasty habit :D

cc8efff750.png

In memorial of Aunt Janie, born 7/1.
Smoke free since 7/9/2013

N.O.P.E! Through hell and high water, no more romancing this addiction. Enjoying the REST of my years as a NONSMOKER.

#5 Siff

Siff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • quitdate:
    02/25/2011
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

Yes, smoking does cause sex problems...both physical and mental ways

Smoking makes your blood circulation not as good...it gets better when you quit, eat well and after few months try walking/running if you can...your circulation will improve and you will see results

When you smoke your mind releases dopamines (like sex or addictive things) so if get your dopamine fix elsewhere you wont get as "aroused" as when you are smoke free

When you smoke and addicted you might fall into depressive states, this can cause lack of sexual drive
Posted Image

#6 Guest_BenJammin_*

Guest_BenJammin_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

Yes, smoking does cause sex problems...both physical and mental ways

Smoking makes your blood circulation not as good...it gets better when you quit, eat well and after few months try walking/running if you can...your circulation will improve and you will see results

When you smoke your mind releases dopamines (like sex or addictive things) so if get your dopamine fix elsewhere you wont get as "aroused" as when you are smoke free

When you smoke and addicted you might fall into depressive states, this can cause lack of sexual drive

My circulation was so bad that I had pain in my hands and feet, I took coral calcium to get rid of it.. I just thought it was bad genetics and I had arthritis or something. My sister smokes also, and said that's what her doctor said it was. But when I quit the pain went away. Im trying to convince her that smoking is what's probably wrong with her but she doesn't want to listen to me. It was so odd though, I could feel tingling in my feet and such soon after I had originally quit.

I do love blood flow, such a swell thing for us guys. :x

I have wondered how smoking effects you ladies and your sex drives?

#7 stantheman86

stantheman86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

I'm in day 4 right now, and last night my girlfriend gave me some "special treatment" if you know what I mean, since it was "that time of the month"........I am still suffering from bad withdrawals despite using the Nicorette lozenges. I had trouble getting "into it" for the first few minutes,I actually started feeling dizzy and "out of it" while she was doing this for me, which in turn caused me anxiety and then I was in fear of not being able to become aroused, which would have made me miserable and made her feel like she wasn't turning me on, which couldn't be farther from the truth...........but then I got into it and it was like BAM I was totally aroused and had a mind blowing orgasm........she told me she enjoyed doing this for me and she knows all about the fact that I am trying to quit to help out my libido and my ability to get and maintain an erection. We are in love, she is definitely the "one" and she feels the same way about me, so my sporadic issues with not being able to maintain an erection do not matter to her. I just want to be at my full potential and I am thinking of encouraging her to quit smoking too. I think once I get past this point of bad withdrawals and the dizziness, tiredness, etc. i will be back in action. Making love to someone you are deeply in love with is one of the greatest things in life, and it's not worth making this less pleasurable for both of us for something stupid like smoking cigarettes. I'm 31 and I feel our best years are ahead of us and smoking is just a useless thing to do, it holds us back in life and our ability to be healthy and happy.

#8 stosh

stosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

Dude.........really........I think you can get your point across just fine without telling us about your freakin BJ's.
  • FatherSarducci likes this
May 5, 2009 - A bunch of days

#9 sparkling

sparkling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts
  • quitdate:
    8March2011
  • LocationMudgeeraba, Gold Coast, Australia

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

My sexual performance has increased since I became a non smoker, it's got better all the time and orgasms are better and erections are better and everything feels better :) Smoking really does affect females and males sexually and if you're lucky your arteries and blood supply will improve for that area.
event.png
515514a650.png

#10 dls46711

dls46711

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,698 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

Whoooopssssss too mature for me!! wrong room, sorry teehee :oops: (slowly backs out)

i was going to type exactly what you did Suz, exactly, but you beat me to it :lol:
Diane

April 15th, 2009 is the day i became free!

If i agree with you, than we'll both be wrong...Steven Tyler

Copy That?

#11 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 11,168 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Dude.........really........I think you can get your point across just fine without telling us about your freakin BJ's.

:lol: :lol:
QUIT September 14, 2010
Posted Image

#12 Stephanie

Stephanie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,108 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

:oops:

Holy Cow, let's just put it all out there my friends.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steph
:D
We are all Brothers
None goes his way alone
What we bring into the lives of others
Comes back into our own

my first free moment was 10/18/05 at 11:58 pm.
a very fine moment, and I did not even know it then.

#13 Dutch

Dutch

Quit date 6/25/08

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

I don't see anywhere where he's talking about his blue jeans.. :idea:

Free since June 25, 2008

#14 annika

annika

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

Ha! This is a funny post and I love reading guy's point of views. I'm not certain smoking effected my sex life. But them again I only quit less than 2 weeks ago....so we shall see...

#15 stantheman86

stantheman86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:31 AM

I'm now at the end of day 5 without smoking, I'm still on the lozenges but I'm using less of them. Today was a tough day, I was tempted to smoke but I did not.

My girlfriend came home from a night shift today at about 7am, and she crawled in to bed but was obviously exhausted. We started to mess around a little, I wasn't able to be fully "ready" but I don't think she was all that into it either.......I started to go "down below" and she stopped me, she said she was too tired for that and it pretty much killed the mood, what little of one there was. I am slowly seeing a return of my libido and function, but it's gonna be a rough road. I now have to overcome the psychological issues caused by several incidents of not being able to "perform", although I had been able to several times while I was still smoking. It is not so much a physical issue now, but more mental. My girl was in a crappy mood all day because she was tired, I went to see her at work about an hour ago and she was tired but we're ok now, she understands that I am in severe withdrawal and my head is not totally in the game right now. I am not afraid she will be put off by any of this, we have long term plans and want to be together, she knows I'm just going through a rough patch right now and in some ways so is she, and we will get through it together.

#16 Rain Forest

Rain Forest

Ash Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:06 AM

Oh good grief... Dr. Ruth is down the hall, 3rd door to the left. Thank you.

Now... if you want to talk about keeping your quit, I'm here, but I'm really not wanting to come into a thread and read about all the details of someone's sex life... didn't anyone ever tell you that some things are supposed to be left unsaid???

• FatherSarducci likes this

event.png

Jan is right... lol

#17 April

April

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,730 posts
  • quitdate:
    10/20/2007

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:18 AM

Here is the link to the posting guidelines, you might want to read over them. Pay close attention to #1. Not sure if you were to have kids if you would want them to stumble across something like this.

Like Rain said, I am glad you quit smoking, and everyone is here to help you, maybe you can find someone that wouldn't mind discussing these personal things in private with you :)

Congrats on your quit :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3

1. Remember that people of all ages, including students and children, are reading messages on this forum. Create your messages accordingly.

#18 *Lena*

*Lena*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationOld Town

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:54 AM

I sorta considered myself the "QSMB Strumpet" of sorts due to my occasional innuendo and posting wild rats in heat pictures about me and my BF but now? OMG! :shock: YOUR posts are even too much for ME! :shock: Please take those kinds of details to another forum or to PMs with folks who appreciate it. Thank you so very much. :D
Free Since October 7, 2009

Posted Image

http://www.sparkleta...eFree/?key=1810

Posted Image

#19 Guest_BenJammin_*

Guest_BenJammin_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:05 AM

:lol: I actually relapsed cuz I was to excited. It got old, specially since I just got dumped. Although her and I may meet on Saturday. I wont go into detail if we do. :lol:

Im still patiently waiting for the ladies to give us feedback. :twisted:

#20 Rain Forest

Rain Forest

Ash Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:34 AM

:lol: I actually relapsed cuz I was to excited. It got old, specially since I just got dumped. Although her and I may meet on Saturday. I wont go into detail if we do. :lol:

Im still patiently waiting for the ladies to give us feedback. :twisted:

Thank you! :lol:

event.png

Jan is right... lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users