39 replies to this topic

#1 SnoopyFish

SnoopyFish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

so it makes no sense in arguing. With so many opinions, no one on this message board will ever be right and nothing will ever be resolved. If you don't believe in e-cigs, then don't read the e-cig boards. If you don't agree with an e-cig post, well that's ok; just close the post and move on. To keep things simple and civil, people here need to respect others. If you have a valid concern then by all means, voice your concern. A good thing to do before you post is think to yourself... "Will this post bring anything constructive to the conversation"? If not, then it's not worth typing.

Snoop

#2 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011
  • LocationLiving with the Amish

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:30 AM

Well by that token-maybe Fred should send this whole section to the moon. If I REALLY desired E cig info I would goggle it or whatever and NOT hope some quit smoking site would cater to a forum that has no purpose other then to make people be mean & nasty & have catfights-it must be true websites owners make money by the hits their sites get-whats sad is all this crap has made true quitters go elsewhere what a shame. :cry:

#3 Stephanie

Stephanie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,096 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:53 AM

If it can endager someone's quit, especially mine, I don't care what ecig lover I offend. I have said this a millon times but I am OK w/ecigs used as a quit method but the mechanics, the romantics of the posts over there endager my quit and since that is the case I am not alone. I have been posting on this board for six years and there are no experts on how to post either, or how to preach morality, there just are no experts, with that I agree so I say post your heart and don't be afraid to ruffle feathers if you know you have a valid point, sometimes silence can be deadly and you don't want friends who cannot forgive or admit they might be wrong from time to time anyway, for me and maybe it is a southern culture thing, I say toughen up and quit crying about other people's scuffles, mind your own business and take your own advice, don't read it and stay out of it, let quitters build real relationships or decide who they can really bond with, it won't be everyone.

Steph
We are all Brothers
None goes his way alone
What we bring into the lives of others
Comes back into our own

my first free moment was 10/18/05 at 11:58 pm.
a very fine moment, and I did not even know it then.

#4 EaglesWing

EaglesWing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

Well said Snoop! :D
While I would NEVER use the ecig myself...I guess because it so closely resembles smoking with all the hand to mouth thing, and blowing "smoke" etc. I don't frown on others, if they think it will work for them. The ultimate goal is to be nicotine free and while we all are addicts and have so much in common in that respect, we are also individuals, with different backgrounds, emotions, situations..etc. So no one way can work for EVERYONE. If you have something constructive to say, by all means say it! Even if it does go against the grain. It's just the "catfights", name calling, and putting others down, that's TOTALLY UNconstructive.

#5 Electricman

Electricman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationSpreading Electricity... in a town near you

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

If you are free from the poisons that come with tobacco "nicotine " then there's no need to be expert.

The people that come here are from ecf and have NO plans on quitting or believe there's anything wrong with it.

They talk about all sorts of health benefits, too. but what's suspect is that a number of those folks have direct ties to the electronic cigarette industry.

They come here bragging about their nicotine abuse and how much better it is then all other methods

They smoke test ciggeretts to see if they still like cigarettes (why not their still smoking nicotine).

With ecigs you are still smoking hand to mouth habit and inhaling dangerous chemicals.
E-cigarettes serve as a “bridge product” that smokers use in places

where traditional tobacco smoking is prohibited, thus perpetuating their

addiction and use of real cigarettes. Additionally, they may be used as a

‘starter’ product for young people considering smoking, especially since the

cartridges can be purchased over the Internet with pre-paid credit cards with tempting flavoring like

grape and chocolate.

The FDA is regulating ecigs as a tobacco product. e-cigarettes are not designed, sold or used for the purpose of tobacco, nicotine and inhalation cessation - they are an alternative form of tobacco . If you want to give up smoking, nicotine, tobacco and inhalation completely , you should consult your health professional or a approved quit plan with directions.
. http://www.facebook.com/electricmans

Nicotine, the addictive substance in tobacco products, is the most common cause of chemical dependency in the U.S., according to the CDC.

Nicotine is an extremely addictive dangerous drug . Tobacco, ecf/casaa(Consumer Addicts Should Advocate Addiction) are, in effect, drug-pushers. Their income depends on keeping millions of Americans hooked.

#6 Stephanie

Stephanie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,096 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:12 AM

It's just the "catfights", name calling, and putting others down, that's TOTALLY UNconstructive.

That implies it is only women fighting, and that is not the case and after being here six years, it it not TOTALLY UNconstructive, that is hard to see early on, I remember that, but even in negativity we learn, if only how we ourselves do not want to act and if you argue with someone, make up, then your relationship is stronger, my granny used to tell us that. It was true.......being bossy is equally UNconstructive.

I have had some cat and let's say dog fights with folks I love here, pretending we don't have personalities and opinions will dull the board down to a hum drum pile of boring and for me, I need a few real friends to survive the insanity of trolls, newbies, old phartes, we are all crazy people, again ,I gotta say..........ughhh, I find a "don't argue lecture" the perfect place to argue.

It ain't just about ecigs, we all have opinions.

Just sayin.........!

Steph
:D
We are all Brothers
None goes his way alone
What we bring into the lives of others
Comes back into our own

my first free moment was 10/18/05 at 11:58 pm.
a very fine moment, and I did not even know it then.

#7 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:34 AM

Its funny everyone whines about the cat fights,rude comments etc but what topics draws the most hits????? the ones that have some back & forth. :roll: Sometimes being here is like seeing a car crash. Like Steph said about being dull & boring but we're all different kinds of people only glue that connects us is the no smoking glue :D

#8 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:17 AM

I think I would rather possess eyes that know no sight, ears that know no sound, hands that know no touch than a heart that knows no love. 4b frk

Those who stir the s*** pot should lick the spoon!

NOPE

#9 Rovey

Rovey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

This forum reminds me of a program i saw on tv, it was about a bunch of disabled people trying to trek to the north pole, or some hell hole like that, i naively thought a bunch of disabled people all in the same boat, that is, they all have problems that will make the trek hard, will pull together, encourage each other and support each other to overcome their disabilities and achieve their goal. How wrong I was, they were constantly being harsh with each other, some guy in a wheel chair with no legs getting grief from the rest of the group cos he couldn't keep up and all sorts of bitching and moaning about each others disabilities. I also naively thought that a quit smoking forum would be a place where people encourage others to quit smoking regardless of their chosen method, how wrong i was again. Rather than this section of the forum being removed, maybe people who clearly have a vendetta against a chosen method should be banned from that section of the forum. I honestly read some of these posts in disbelief that somebody who is trying to quit smoking ends up getting a barrage of abuse simply because they haven't choosen that member's method of quiting. I've tried quitting on several occasions, i failed each time, miserably. Who knows, i may well fail again this time, all i can say is, this is the easiest attempt at quitting smoking i have ever had, im sorry if others are bitter that they did it the hard way, but honestly do you need to take it out on everyone that has found a way that works for them?

#10 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:38 AM

Its so funny of course e cig people would love for those who have quit smoking/using nicitine would just quietly stay out of this section well here's a news flash we all were here before some e cig guy decided to shrove his quit method on us so thats pretty lame wishing we'd just stayout of YOUR section thats like many of us who wish this whole forum would disappear. Oh & for those like me quitting the HARD way well at least we can brag we quit-can you say that???? bet not. :roll:

#11 Harnessed

Harnessed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:16 AM

Makes you wonder where to buy one cause the only cheap ones I've seen are at gas stations or whatever-I'll just hold out till someone I know gets one & I can check it out that way. Oh & I likre that walking dead show too-always entering contest to be a walker.

Someone you know get one yet, Beth?

I'd love to learn how it goes.

#12 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:28 AM

No one yet I guess most figure that with over a yr of more days not smoking opposed to the 2 wks I did that staying totally free is better.

#13 Rovey

Rovey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

haha, you guys are soo full of it, with your holy than thou i quit properly nonsense.

My first step is to stop killing myself with smoke, yes this involves continuing to inhale nicotine, but without this method, i would still have been smoking these last 3 weeks with no end in sight and i would still be struggling to breathe. My next step is to cut down the nicotine and then to to finally cut it out completely. For some inexplicable reason this just isnt good enough for you. By all means raise concerns about something that hasnt been around for a long time, make sure people are fully informed and know what they are doing, that's great. But that is not what you are doing. You are dressing it up like that, but its not what you are doing. You people can be found in every forum on the internet, you are the ones that just want to argue about everything. The difference between this forum and many others is that this one is geared towards helping people save their own lives, literally. You are not helping this process. Different strokes for different folks is a saying that you clearly do not believe in, in any way, shape or form, quit your way or else you are just a junkie nicotine addict scumbag intent on ruining everybody elses chance of ever quitting smoking, it really is ridiculous, honestly, really really ridiculous.

Just be happy for people that have stopped filling their lungs with killer smoke and encourage them to cut out the nicotine so they can be free of the addiction completely, don't worry you will still be free to look down on them once they have quit because they didnt do it your way, but most importantly they will have quit.

#14 SnoopyFish

SnoopyFish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:47 PM

When you are ready to truly quit puffing the nicotine, THIS PLACE is a fabulous place to come to.

From the way Fred has set up this website, it seems like your view is incorrect.

Is this what you see when you visit this website?

Posted Image

A few of the other quit methods on this website involve using nicotine and most involve the quitter to responsibly cut back their own nicotine. When used as a tool for cessation, e-cigs are no different. Of course people can abuse e-cigs, but the same can be said for Nicotine Gum and the Nicotine Patch.

#15 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

To me the one real way to solve this whole E cig forum problem is to pretend last May they didn't come here uninvited to brag how great it is to continue feeding their addiction & how all of us who have quit are losers,whiners, & quitting the hard way & just kick this whole forum to the curb. :evil:

#16 Samalie0

Samalie0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • LocationBeyond The Sun

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

{snip}

Posted Image

You know, despite everything...that is neither the problem, nor the issue here really.

The problem in my own opinion, is the forum has become this:

Posted Image

There are those of us here that believe that an e-cig can be used as any other NRT...the problem is BOTH SIDES constantly stoking the fires in this forum.

Honestly, despite my beliefs, I wish that the e-cig subforum would just link to the ECF - of course, you guys aren't allowed to claim e-cigs as a quit smoking method either, and were forced to pull our own subforum that discussed that very topic, so "you all" decided you belong here instead...which makes me wonder really about e-cigs as a whole...I mean damn, if you're not allowed to discuss it as a quit-smoking tool on your own bloody site, then why should we tolerate it here either? And honestly, despite the fact we have people that are just as willing to fight back and argue with you, why should we keep a whole subforum that just serves to be a big ******* fight?

Well, again only in my own opinion, it is YOU that need to adapt. Stop continuing the fights...it takes 2 (or more) people to argue.

Support people in general, shut the @#$% up about the "glory" that is the e-cig :roll: unless someone asks a direct question about them. Then, answer the question, don't try to tell anyone that nicotine can be good, blah blah blah, and don't be baited into the fights. You WILL gain acceptance here if you follow that route.

I was probably one of the loudest supporters here of e-cigs as a legitimate stop smoking tool. All the fighting and constant bull@#$% has seriously made me question that...I really am believing that we would have been better off if "you guys" had just left us the hell alone.

My 1/8 of a cent. Take it or leave it.

Sammy
Free since January 7, 2009

#17 Debbie3163

Debbie3163

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts
  • LocationMt Vernon TX

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

{snip}

Posted Image

You know, despite everything...that is neither the problem, nor the issue here really.

The problem in my own opinion, is the forum has become this:

Posted Image

There are those of us here that believe that an e-cig can be used as any other NRT...the problem is BOTH SIDES constantly stoking the fires in this forum.

Honestly, despite my beliefs, I wish that the e-cig subforum would just link to the ECF - of course, you guys aren't allowed to claim e-cigs as a quit smoking method either, and were forced to pull our own subforum that discussed that very topic, so "you all" decided you belong here instead...which makes me wonder really about e-cigs as a whole...I mean damn, if you're not allowed to discuss it as a quit-smoking tool on your own bloody site, then why should we tolerate it here either? And honestly, despite the fact we have people that are just as willing to fight back and argue with you, why should we keep a whole subforum that just serves to be a big ******* fight?

Well, again only in my own opinion, it is YOU that need to adapt. Stop continuing the fights...it takes 2 (or more) people to argue.

Support people in general, shut the @#$% up about the "glory" that is the e-cig :roll: unless someone asks a direct question about them. Then, answer the question, don't try to tell anyone that nicotine can be good, blah blah blah, and don't be baited into the fights. You WILL gain acceptance here if you follow that route.

I was probably one of the loudest supporters here of e-cigs as a legitimate stop smoking tool. All the fighting and constant bull@#$% has seriously made me question that...I really am believing that we would have been better off if "you guys" had just left us the hell alone.

My 1/8 of a cent. Take it or leave it.

Sammy

THANK YOU!!!! this is exactly how i feel about it too!!!!
Posted Image

#18 Rovey

Rovey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

The reason i would say there should be an ecig section on every quit smoking board is because of my own experience. If im completely honest, i didnt really have any intention of quitting smoking, i thought i knew about all the options and id tried them and failed. I didnt have the stomach for cold turkey, i would last about a weeek, i'd tried patches but again lasted maybe a week or 2, then i found ecigs online. I thought i'd give them a go, 3 weeks later im still not smoking, i've done better on ecigs with no initial intention to quit than i did with every other method when i really wanted to quit. It's the only method of quitting that i know of that doesn't require an enormous amount of will power, which most people, myself included, struggle to muster. Ok i haven't completely quit, but while i build up the will power to quit completely i can use ecigs rather than real cigs. I would recommend ecigs to anybody who has tried and failed to quit in the past. It's just another legitimate method of trying to quit, nothing more nothing less. Hopefully i will succeed.

It's not the hand to mouth action that kills you, its not the nicotine that kills you, its the nasty smoke. i've cut that out, now i need to try and cut the other 2 out so that the nasty smoke never comes back.

#19 SnoopyFish

SnoopyFish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:26 AM

The reason i would say there should be an ecig section on every quit smoking board is because of my own experience. If im completely honest, i didnt really have any intention of quitting smoking, i thought i knew about all the options and id tried them and failed. I didnt have the stomach for cold turkey, i would last about a weeek, i'd tried patches but again lasted maybe a week or 2, then i found ecigs online. I thought i'd give them a go, 3 weeks later im still not smoking.

I agree with this 100%. I was in the same boat as you. I had tried cold turkey, the patches, and the gum. I even tried chewing tobacco (very counter productive when trying to quit). I tried to quit about 13 times on a span of 5 years. My problem is that I have a very addictive nature. Eventually I was able to quit the drugs but the smokes were always one thing I could never give up. I even have asthma and I would still start smoking soon after a quit. Last March I had been trying the gum again and I was looking for some cheaper prices when I came upon a website that had info about ecigs. It was not much info and very confusing. In the past when I heard about them I thought they were just lame electronic money wasters that would not work, but this time they peaked my interest and so I started researching them. I finally got to a point where I was comfortable in ordering my first ecig, and the day I got it, was the last day I smoked a cigarette.

There needs to me more reliable info about ecigs on the web. For people like me, they work prefect. Another plus is that aside from cold turkey, they are the cheapest quit method out there. Perfect for people like me who are in school and have little cash. $20 a month! You won't find nothing cheaper than that.

#20 Samalie0

Samalie0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • LocationBeyond The Sun

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

hey Snoopy...let me ask a question....

Why is there no "Quit smoking using e-cigs" subforum at the ECF?

Sammy
Free since January 7, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users