Dispelling Nicotine myths.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cigarbabe_*

Guest_cigarbabe_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Time to dispel more myths on this Sunday!
Which I'm always happy to do for this site.
So many myths running amok and rampant here! :)
Here you go http://www.nicorette... ... myths.aspx
C.B.
Posted Image

#2 April

April

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,730 posts
  • quitdate:
    10/20/2007

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

-

#3 Guest_cigarbabe_*

Guest_cigarbabe_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

No thank you I have my nicotine addiction under control, and so do tons of other people here. It is pretty simple actually :D If you need help with letting go of your addiction this is the best place for it :D

Must be things are kind of boring over on your ecf , so you felt the need to come here to educate us again, Sorry, we are smart enough to know how to quit smoking instead of replacing our delivery system and justifying it :lol: :lol: :lol: It is kind of hard to figure out why someone that smokes cigars is on a quit smoking message board spreading their knowledge on how safe nicotine is :roll: , good Lord next you will try to convince people that cigar smoking is not harmful either :lol: :lol: :lol: wow some people :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn I hate when I take the bait from a troll

Nicotine messes with your cardiovascular system if you can believe that :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cardiovascular Problems

Nicotine makes the heart work harder, increasing blood pressure, blood flow and heart rate. It also narrows and hardens the arteries. In smokers, these cardiovascular problems compound the effects of the carbon monoxide in cigarette smoke, which reduces the blood's oxygen levels. This upsets the balance between the blood's oxygen supply and body's oxygen demands.

Nicotine's can also lead to more serious conditions. By damaging the arteries, nicotine increases the risk of blood clots and stroke. Nicotine's effect on the heart, in turn, increases the risk of heart attack and cardiovascular disease.

Read more: Nicotine Health Risks | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/... ... z1aIt3GqSt

http://www.ehow.com/... ... risks.html

If you don't have any facts or links to supply than you have nothing to to add besides supposition and insults as usual.
I haven't asked for your opinion though you may give it no one here has asked you any specific questions for you to reply in such a nasty manner.
I am not asking for your opinion. I am here to supply facts not your forte obviously.
I suggest you find something to talk about which you might actually have a clue, my life is not one of those few things.
You also aren't able to see that smoking and nicotine are two separate distinct pieces of the smoking puzzle.
I might ask you why are you here other than creating the same old drama but that is the only reason you ever come into this forum.
Hmm talk about a troll!
If you don't have a link to a "PEER REVIEWED" study you have nothing to add in this forum.
I have had open heart surgery,and a lung resection plus I have PAD,fibromyalgia and a host of issues none have been worsened by by prior use of nicotine.
It has not raised my blood pressure nor has it caused blood clots,cancer,lung damage or any of the things you claim.
Nicotine may have effects on your cardiovascular system if you were still smoking, and since you haven't comprehended yet I do not smoke.
e how is hardly a bastion for factual and truthful reporting. :mrgreen:
C.B.
Posted Image

#4 Rain Forest

Rain Forest

Ash Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

If you don't have any facts or links to supply than you have nothing to to add besides supposition and insults as usual.
I haven't asked for your opinion though you may give it no one here has asked you any specific questions for you to reply in such a nasty manner.
I am not asking for your opinion. I am here to supply facts not your forte obviously.
I suggest you find something to talk about which you might actually have a clue, my life is not one of those few things.
You also aren't able to see that smoking and nicotine are two separate distinct pieces of the smoking puzzle.
I might ask you why are you here other than creating the same old drama but that is the only reason you ever come into this forum.
Hmm talk about a troll!
If you don't have a link to a "PEER REVIEWED" study you have nothing to add in this forum.
I have had open heart surgery,and a lung resection plus I have PAD,fibromyalgia and a host of issues none have been worsened by by prior use of nicotine.
It has not raised my blood pressure nor has it caused blood clots,cancer,lung damage or any of the things you claim.
Nicotine may have effects on your cardiovascular system if you were still smoking, and since you haven't comprehended yet I do not smoke.
e how is hardly a bastion for factual and truthful reporting.
C.B.

Wow, if this is the kinda person that e-cigs makes you become, I'm glad I never tried that vaping chit! :lol:

event.png

Freedom date: May 13, 2009

I oftentimes say I'm leaving here.  Jan says:

"She always says that. She's got her fingers crossed behind her back."

Jan is right... lol

#5 Electricman

Electricman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationSpreading Electricity... in a town near you

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

Was going to post some links for the dangers of nicotine but everyone knows that junkies make excuses for their drug addiction and this junkie is only here to start problems so i decided just to post the link to Nicotine Good? viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39548
With that said I would like to say hello to the wonderful Nicotine free people ♥ .
And The wonderful people using FDA approved quit methods, cold turkey it can be done it's not easy but you are so worth it ♥ .

Don't let the " nicotine junkies " tell you anything different They live in a fantasy world where their drug addiction/abuse is "safe" and "effective " don't fall for their misinformation.
Nicotine is an extremely addictive narcotic. Tobacco, ecf/casaa (same difference) companies are, in effect, drug-pushers. Their income depends on keeping millions of Americans hooked.
. http://www.facebook.com/electricmans

Nicotine, the addictive substance in tobacco products, is the most common cause of chemical dependency in the U.S., according to the CDC.

Nicotine is an extremely addictive dangerous drug . Tobacco, ecf/casaa(Consumer Addicts Should Advocate Addiction) are, in effect, drug-pushers. Their income depends on keeping millions of Americans hooked.

#6 John Phoenix

John Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:04 AM

Cigarbabe posted some links to serious science many people respect. You can choose to believe it or not, just like you can choose to believe in whatever debunking links you guys can come up with. Who's right?

I don't think it matters. For the purposes of this forum in fact it does not matter. What matters is that people find something.. Anything that's less dangerous than smoking tobacco to help them quit smoking tobacco. That's what matters and if you discourage someone from using an e-cig to do that when it is the only thing that will work for them then you will have become Murderers. Killers. Criminals because these people will continue to smoke cigarettes and you will have helped kill them. How you people can be so cruel, incentive and uncaring is way beyond me.

This forum supports quitting methods that use nicotine in many forms. Nicotine gun, patches, nicotine inhalers even nicotine lozenges. There are other forums for those. Yet you only attack e-cigs not any of those methods. You do not let e-cig users go into the cold turkey forums and offer another way for those having trouble, even if it's to recommend an FDA approved method like Nicotine gun, patches, nicotine inhalers even nicotine lozenges, yet you come in here and do it against the rules. You folks would have a hissy fit. Clearly the forum moderators are not doing their job and are catering to the regular CT users. This is sad, unfortunate and dead wrong. Will they ban me for saying that? Who knows, it certainly looks to be the truth and everyone knows it. If they say I am wrong then I expect them to do their job and not let you guys make such posts in this forum.

All the things you claim are bad about nicotine, people have also said about other things you hypocrites use every day. Caffeine, artificial sweeteners, Chemical additives and preservatives in everyday foods that most of them you people have never heard of nor care about yet they are killing you just the same as your smoking tobacco did. Only difference is dieing from tobacco smoking is ugly, painful and quick.

Electricman, April, katiem, Rain Forrest and who ever else, answer me this. If you knew, really know someone died because they did not quit smoking because you turned them away from e-cigs and they could not make another method work - How would you feel? Think about it long and hard. Be honest with yourself. If you guys are really human and I believe you are then you would feel horrible.

You see, it really doesn't matter if Cigarbabe is right or not, as long as her nicotine and the nicotine product she uses to abstain from smoking tobacco is not going to kill her like smoking tobacco will. Using an e-cig she is not getting over 4000 deadly chemicals 70 known to be cancer causing and all the combustible materials that cause heart disease and lung disease that smoking tobacco gives you. Thats a Big Plus health wise. It's just like using an FDA approved NRT. E-cigs have been proven to be as safe as most NRT's and actually way safer than some NRT's I could name that have been known to kill and cause people to kill. Since 2004 world wide no one has died of using an e-cig or become seriously ill. The success rate for quitting smoking tobacco using an e-cig is way higher than any of the above NRT's. This has been shown in many studies around the world. Because of these things if a person feels using an e-cig is their only way to quit smoking tobacco and thus die a horrible death, then it is foolish to discourage it's use.

Really guys, don't you think it's time you give it a break, before you really kill somebody? Think about it, your playing god with peoples lives.

#7 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011
  • LocationLiving with the Amish

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:17 AM

:lol: Whatever-EVERYONE has their take on whatever in regards to smoking-I guess some here just can't resist stirring up sh** or can't let sleeping dogs lie. I'm glad people who belong on this site don't go mucking up the E website-Oh thats right they police their board & if some "outsider" rocks the boat they swoop down & get the pot stirrer banned for awhile thats how they deal with troublemakers-what a "FRIENDLY" site huh?? :roll: Well the British website is lucky-they came & were welcomed & then disappeared but for some reason theirs a real attraction from them for our site plus to me if E cigs are the be all & end all for solving smoking addiction or for those diehards who can't/won't quit then why haven't those diehard smokers switched??????? after all if E cigs is the winning way to quit or to continue their addiction then people should be lineing up for miles to hear the "truth" & get with the program :lol: :lol:

#8 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:20 AM

Cigarbabe posted some links to serious science many people respect. You can choose to believe it or not, just like you can choose to believe in whatever debunking links you guys can come up with. Who's right?

I don't think it matters. For the purposes of this forum in fact it does not matter. What matters is that people find something.. Anything that's less dangerous than smoking tobacco to help them quit smoking tobacco. That's what matters and if you discourage someone from using an e-cig to do that when it is the only thing that will work for them then you will have become Murderers. Killers. Criminals because these people will continue to smoke cigarettes and you will have helped kill them. How you people can be so cruel, incentive and uncaring is way beyond me.

This forum supports quitting methods that use nicotine in many forms. Nicotine gun, patches, nicotine inhalers even nicotine lozenges. There are other forums for those. Yet you only attack e-cigs not any of those methods. You do not let e-cig users go into the cold turkey forums and offer another way for those having trouble, even if it's to recommend an FDA approved method like Nicotine gun, patches, nicotine inhalers even nicotine lozenges, yet you come in here and do it against the rules. You folks would have a hissy fit. Clearly the forum moderators are not doing their job and are catering to the regular CT users. This is sad, unfortunate and dead wrong. Will they ban me for saying that? Who knows, it certainly looks to be the truth and everyone knows it. If they say I am wrong then I expect them to do their job and not let you guys make such posts in this forum.

All the things you claim are bad about nicotine, people have also said about other things you hypocrites use every day. Caffeine, artificial sweeteners, Chemical additives and preservatives in everyday foods that most of them you people have never heard of nor care about yet they are killing you just the same as your smoking tobacco did. Only difference is dieing from tobacco smoking is ugly, painful and quick.

Electricman, April, katiem, Rain Forrest and who ever else, answer me this. If you knew, really know someone died because they did not quit smoking because you turned them away from e-cigs and they could not make another method work - How would you feel? Think about it long and hard. Be honest with yourself. If you guys are really human and I believe you are then you would feel horrible.

You see, it really doesn't matter if Cigarbabe is right or not, as long as her nicotine and the nicotine product she uses to abstain from smoking tobacco is not going to kill her like smoking tobacco will. Using an e-cig she is not getting over 4000 deadly chemicals 70 known to be cancer causing and all the combustible materials that cause heart disease and lung disease that smoking tobacco gives you. Thats a Big Plus health wise. It's just like using an FDA approved NRT. E-cigs have been proven to be as safe as most NRT's and actually way safer than some NRT's I could name that have been known to kill and cause people to kill. Since 2004 world wide no one has died of using an e-cig or become seriously ill. The success rate for quitting smoking tobacco using an e-cig is way higher than any of the above NRT's. This has been shown in many studies around the world. Because of these things if a person feels using an e-cig is their only way to quit smoking tobacco and thus die a horrible death, then it is foolish to discourage it's use.

Really guys, don't you think it's time you give it a break, before you really kill somebody? Think about it, your playing god with peoples lives.

So what :roll: Did WE start this crap yet again??????????????????? If you can jusify your E cig usuage then goody gumdrops since most on this quit site mind their own business why rock the boat-bored or what????????????????

#9 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:30 AM

:lol: where's the board police when you need them?? :twisted:

#10 Rain Forest

Rain Forest

Ash Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

Ok John Phoenix... first of all, a few facts (you should love this, cigarbabe):

This part of the forum (e-cig) has been dead, completely dead, since August 8th... not one post since then... however, along comes cigarbabe on October 1st and bumps up a thread just to stir up her usual crap... what was this new wonderful revelation she had to share with everyone that she felt she needed to bump up a thread almost 2 months old? This:

Same old, same old.
It's great to see new things happening here!
C.B.

OMG, pardon me a moment while I almost faint from the intellectual stimuli of that post!!!

Then she starts this new thread we're in now because, well who knows... maybe she's bored... maybe she just loves the drama... whatever, but she starts this new thread about how nicotine really isn't that bad... maybe she forgot that this forum is all about quitting smoking AND nicotine... don't believe me? Ask Fred.

And John Phoenix, maybe you should start reading the REAL part of this forum, because your following statement is pure crap... I, along with others, have welcomed some new people here recently that are, in fact, using an e-cig in order to quit smoking :

So maybe you should run on back to the ECF, the place that really is the right place for you because... duh... it's about ELECTRONIC CIGS (and they don't care if you quit nicotine or not)!!! And you know what? I have never made an account over there and I never will because I don't belong there... I wish you'd figure it out: you don't belong HERE... this area of the forum being dead for almost 2 months is proof of that.

event.png

Freedom date: May 13, 2009

I oftentimes say I'm leaving here.  Jan says:

"She always says that. She's got her fingers crossed behind her back."

Jan is right... lol

#11 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:23 AM

Thankyou Rain :D

#12 Guest_cigarbabe_*

Guest_cigarbabe_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

The only reason this forum is dead is because it is so distasteful to deal with the majority of you people.
There have been very few who are reasonable, rational and don't start drama over every single post here.
You bitch and whine and complain when we post in our own forum set up by the owner of this site.
When you couldn't run us out by the nasty comments you complained to our forum in hopes of having us banned there.
Now your complaining because I still post here?
Whether you think I should be here is irrelevant you aren't the arbiter of my opinions or the sites owners
who were gracious enough to welcome us in knowing there was a need for other methods besides CT.
Many of you only want people to post if they quit one particular way.
You support people you say?
Geez I can't find that anywhere is this particular forum.
Even though many of us have told you some of us don't use nicotine with exception of three people here you all continue to ignore that fact.
Get a life grow up, find a constructive way to use your time this isn't it.
Thank you John.
C.B.
Posted Image

#13 Thulium

Thulium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

Ok John Phoenix... first of all, a few facts (you should love this, cigarbabe):

This part of the forum (e-cig) has been dead, completely dead, since August 8th... not one post since then... however, along comes cigarbabe on October 1st and bumps up a thread just to stir up her usual crap... what was this new wonderful revelation she had to share with everyone that she felt she needed to bump up a thread almost 2 months old? This:

You are lying. Electricman and a few others who don't like people who quit smoking without using a method they can profit from did post in this forum, and then when it was debunked the entire thread suddenly disappeared.

So maybe you should run on back to the ECF, the place that really is the right place for you because... duh... it's about ELECTRONIC CIGS (and they don't care if you quit nicotine or not)!!! And you know what? I have never made an account over there and I never will because I don't belong there... I wish you'd figure it out: you don't belong HERE... this area of the forum being dead for almost 2 months is proof of that.

So you don't want people who want to use e-cigarettes to quit smoking to post on this board? Perhaps YOU shouldn't post in this part of the board if you refuse to support people quitting smoking.
Is there any reason whatsoever to believe that smoke-free products that may contain an addictive psychostimulant but have not been approved by the FDA as a smoking cessation aid pose a greater public health risk than sugar-free products that may contain an addictive psychostimulant but have not been approved by the FDA as a weight loss aid?

#14 TMcGee

TMcGee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,691 posts
  • LocationEncinitas, California

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Skip
Quit July 15, 2007

#15 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:30 AM

The only reason this forum is dead is because it is so distasteful to deal with the majority of you people.
There have been very few who are reasonable, rational and don't start drama over every single post here.
You bitch and whine and complain when we post in our own forum set up by the owner of this site.
When you couldn't run us out by the nasty comments you complained to our forum in hopes of having us banned there.
Now your complaining because I still post here?
Whether you think I should be here is irrelevant you aren't the arbiter of my opinions or the sites owners
who were gracious enough to welcome us in knowing there was a need for other methods besides CT.
Many of you only want people to post if they quit one particular way.
You support people you say?
Geez I can't find that anywhere is this particular forum.
Even though many of us have told you some of us don't use nicotine with exception of three people here you all continue to ignore that fact.
Get a life grow up, find a constructive way to use your time this isn't it.
Thank you John.
C.B.
Posted Image

Well for alot of us we figure if we ignore the igornant people who crawl out from their rocks to post "THE TRUTH" then maybe Fred will finally put this section where it belongs & that is not here on this quit smoking wellsite or rename this section for those who prefer being addicted to nictine & love it or something along that line instead of implying we're using e cigs to quit-my foot. Its too bad if this method was sooooooooooooooooooooooo great & useful that more smokers aren't switching after all if I wanted to continue my addiction then yeah I'd start vaping instead of smoking marboros :roll:

#16 Harnessed

Harnessed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:53 AM

if I wanted to continue my addiction then yeah I'd start vaping instead of smoking marboros

Posted Image

There must be something wrong with your quit meter then. It keeps resetting for some odd reason. Just sayin.

And I can post funnies too, skip:

Well I lol'd, anyway :wink:

#17 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:03 AM

And your fricken point is????? so what if I have to reset my quit meter-at least for over a yr I've been nic free can you vaping away on your addictive e cig say the same thing-most likely not. :twisted:

#18 Thulium

Thulium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:23 AM

And your fricken point is????? so what if I have to reset my quit meter-at least for over a yr I've been nic free can you vaping away on your addictive e cig say the same thing-most likely not. :twisted:

:? I don't understand, why do you have to reset your quit meter if you have been nicotine-free for a year? :?

Are you caffeine-free as well, or is nicotine the only addictive psychostimulant that you consider evil?
Is there any reason whatsoever to believe that smoke-free products that may contain an addictive psychostimulant but have not been approved by the FDA as a smoking cessation aid pose a greater public health risk than sugar-free products that may contain an addictive psychostimulant but have not been approved by the FDA as a weight loss aid?

#19 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:36 AM

Without caffiene which has NOTHING to do with smoking I'd be asleep otherwise each nite while working. As to my quit meter I went over 10 months smoke/nic free then have blown 2 quits since. Unlike you e cig people if you have any nicitine or smoke or what have you the rules of decency/honesty means you restart your quit meter.

#20 Thulium

Thulium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:56 AM

Without caffiene which has NOTHING to do with smoking I'd be asleep otherwise each nite while working. As to my quit meter I went over 10 months smoke/nic free then have blown 2 quits since. Unlike you e cig people if you have any nicitine or smoke or what have you the rules of decency/honesty means you restart your quit meter.

Do you reset your meter when you use the patch, gum, or lozenge?

BTW, e-cigarettes are not lit on fire so they don't produce any smoke....nicotine is entirely optional in e-cigarettes and without the potentially harmful byproducts of combustion, the health benefits and risks of nicotine are nearly identical to caffeine. If your goal is to completely stop using all tobacco products AND nicotine, e-cigarettes can help by letting the user reduce or eliminate nicotine at their own pace...but that is a decision that I think should be left to the individual and their doctor AFTER they have quit SMOKING, which I believe is the goal, is it not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users