#1 womandrake

womandrake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

question.... are expired patches still usable do they have any nicotine left or what exactly does expire about the patch? the glue? potency?

#2 April

April

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,730 posts
  • quitdate:
    10/20/2007

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

-

#3 womandrake

womandrake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

ty ty and good idea!!! will post the answer

#4 womandrake

womandrake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

alright they can not say much about expired patches due to the lack of testing that has been done on expired patches. the only thing they said is they do not recommend using them. and they asked a gazillion questions about my health since i have been using them lol. i called the maker of the patch ;)

#5 addictjen

addictjen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

I think it depends how long they expired. I'll ask my sister, she's in the Pharma trade, for 30 plus years.

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2010

#6 Stephanie

Stephanie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,108 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:57 AM

I used nic gum that was expired once, it was still exactly the same.

Steph
:D
We are all Brothers
None goes his way alone
What we bring into the lives of others
Comes back into our own

my first free moment was 10/18/05 at 11:58 pm.
a very fine moment, and I did not even know it then.

#7 fadeous

fadeous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

It's funny I found this I just used expired patches only a week expired not sure if it's just me but I used good patches previously and I used these expired ones I didn't feel as great but I still felt good using them could it be in my mind I'm not sure but I used my last one today and I am okay still going strong good luck and keep at it

#8 dagget

dagget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationVic, Australia

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

I managed to buy expired patches from the pharmasist by accident, used one pack without side effects before noticing the date. I asked them about it ans they said the only problem is that there is no problem using them but over time the dose would diminish so they could not guarantee the efectiveness of them. They still replaced the unused pack with an up to date one for me.
Posted Image

#9 addictjen

addictjen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:54 AM

I REALLY think they put an early expiration date on them for marketing reasons, selling reason.

If they didnt, they wouldn't sell as much if you knew that they were still good for 3-5 years after the expiration date. Correct? Same with a lot of scripts. I know there are some that expire because they REALLY expire. Normally if that is the case they will have a million warnings on them!!

But, a week or months with the patch, I myself, dont think it matters. BUT THAT IS ONLY MY OPINION!

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2010

#10 KellyJo30

KellyJo30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:59 AM

This post made me laugh because I too am using expired patches and I'm on day 6 of my quit. They were actually prescribed to my grandfather a year ago, as he had stage IV lung cancer. Now that I think about it, not sure why they even bothered...anyhow, he filled the prescription and got 3 boxes of patches. He lost his battle on 4/1/11 and my grandma passed these onto me to use. They seem to be working fine for me. I have noticed though that they aren't as potent as ones I've used in the past. I remember them making my arm kind of ache and burn a little and these haven't done that at all.
I began my smoke free life on November 5th, 2011

Quitting is easy, I've done it a hundred times. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users