#1 TSmith

TSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:49 PM

Ok so I'm sitting here in Oklahoma, wishing i was on the beach, and i find this site. Cool... a quit smoking forum. So i stroll into the board index and browse through the main board. I'm astonished at how lovely everyone is. So helpful and happy, and when a member starts falling down forty come to their rescue while hearing that quaint forest song from the Disney movies. I thought, wow... these guys are in the know. These guys are defeating their addiction and... look how happy everyone is! This is great! I have to join up! So i do.

Queue the "Hi, I'm a newbie, look at me" post.

So while i learn that there's a moderation system in place and an admin has to approve my newbie thread, i browse through the other forums and find: Sweet! An E-cigg forum! Of course i'm excited because this is the method i've decided to run with to quit my twenty year addiction to nicotine.

...and then i find this. Trolls everywhere. Mouthing off here, pissed off there, i'm leaving over there, you suck way over there. LOL YEP! I found the true quit smoking forum! These are really the people who are trying to quit smoking! I've found you! I'm home.

Hello :)
Taylor

Posted Image

#2 Samalie0

Samalie0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • LocationBeyond The Sun

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

Welcome! :)
Free since January 7, 2009

#3 TSmith

TSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:05 PM

Thanks Samalie!

I've tried several ways to quit so far (Cold Turkey and the Patches.) I didnt have the gusto for CT, but the patches worked pretty well for me until the plan was done. I found out pretty quick that willpower comes in different flavors. Nicotine, sadly, has more of a hold on me than anything else.

So here i am. I've waited and waited for the FDA to approve/regulate e-ciggs, and i've done alot of research on them. I've spoken to many, and finally with a certain company recently that makes the juice and i'm more comfortable with their QA process and ingredients than i've ever been before. Regardless... i have to get off the nicotine! I think this is my best shot.

Taylor
Taylor

Posted Image

#4 Guest_cigarbabe_*

Guest_cigarbabe_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

Good luck on your journey Taylor.
C.B.
Posted Image

#5 SnoopyFish

SnoopyFish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

Welcome to the battle zone... err, I mean the E-cig section. Tempers do run a little high here from some of the other members (very few) of this site who quit using different methods. If you come across one of them your best bet would be to not even respond. There is even a nifty ignore feature here. All you do is click on the name of the d-bag who is crapping on your post then click on foe. You will no longer see anything from that person again.

As for your quit, I wish you luck. I was a smoker for over 14 years and haven't had a smoke since the day I got my e-cig (April 8th, 2011). You can do it :D

#6 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011
  • LocationLiving with the Amish

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:26 AM

Wow snoopyfish-good thing you posted that reply here instead of on the other e cig forum-there you would of gotten an infraction for pot stirrring-maybe someday this board will adopt such policies :D

#7 Guest_cigarbabe_*

Guest_cigarbabe_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:36 AM

Wow snoopyfish-good thing you posted that reply here instead of on the other e cig forum-there you would of gotten an infraction for pot stirrring-maybe someday this board will adopt such policies :D

That'll be the day.
C.B.
Posted Image

#8 TSmith

TSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:46 PM

Thanks C.B.! :)

Hey Snoopy! Yeah before i signed up and was just lurking, i made a short list. I don't block easily and thankfully none of those that made the list have really discouraged me yet. Thanks for the heads up though, and grats on the quit!

I got my handy dandy ticker only a couple days ago: I stopped smoking on Mon, 5 Sep 2011 04:01:00 UTC.
It has been 0 weeks, 3 days, 8 hours, 42 minutes and 1 seconds since I quit.
I have saved € 17.82 by choosing not to smoke 67 cigarettes.
More importantly, I saved 0 weeks, 0 days 12 hours 19 minutes of my life!

Not really sure why they changed their code. I took a look at the javascript that thing ties to and they completely removed the option to replace the euro with the dollar. Oh well it's good enough :D

Taylor
Taylor

Posted Image

#9 greenlover

greenlover

"REALLY"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • quitdate:
    12/04/2011
  • LocationLiving with the Amish

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

That'll be the day.
C.B.
Posted Image

For sure-rock the boat on this website & act all pure & innocent on their own forum-what a joke. :roll: hopefully when their is a change in harressment I'm sure theirs a short list of who to boot first.

#10 Wintering

Wintering

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:47 AM

Ok so I'm sitting here in Oklahoma, wishing i was on the beach, and i find this site. Cool... a quit smoking forum. So i stroll into the board index and browse through the main board. I'm astonished at how lovely everyone is. So helpful and happy, and when a member starts falling down forty come to their rescue while hearing that quaint forest song from the Disney movies. I thought, wow... these guys are in the know. These guys are defeating their addiction and... look how happy everyone is! This is great! I have to join up! So i do.

Queue the "Hi, I'm a newbie, look at me" post.

So while i learn that there's a moderation system in place and an admin has to approve my newbie thread, i browse through the other forums and find: Sweet! An E-cigg forum! Of course i'm excited because this is the method i've decided to run with to quit my twenty year addiction to nicotine.

...and then i find this. Trolls everywhere. Mouthing off here, pissed off there, i'm leaving over there, you suck way over there. LOL YEP! I found the true quit smoking forum! These are really the people who are trying to quit smoking! I've found you! I'm home.

Hello :)

Hey Taylor! Welcome home.

This really is a lovely place... especially our little neighborhood! We all look forward to getting to know you.

Wintering

#11 Guest_cigarbabe_*

Guest_cigarbabe_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

That'll be the day.
C.B.
Posted Image

For sure-rock the boat on this website & act all pure & innocent on their own forum-what a joke. :roll: hopefully when their is a change in harressment I'm sure theirs a short list of who to boot first.

Surely you must be talking about yourself hmm? Posted Image
C.B.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users