*Lena*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationOld Town

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:53 PM

IMPORTANT:

Please keep in mind, everyone, that NRT is appropriate ONLY for BRAND NEW quitters JUST STARTING OUT on their quits. People who have been off cigarettes, gum, patches, stop smoking meds or whatever else for more than 72 hours NO LONGER HAVE NICOTINE IN THEIR SYSTEMS ANYMORE, and it can be ruinous to one's quit to reintroduce ANY kind of nicotine into your body anymore. If you're more than 3 days quit but you're having craves and urges, or not feeling like yourself, NRT will not help you: the craves and thoughts are all mental at this point and the rest of your battle is PSYCHOLOGICAL, not PHYSIOLOGICAL.

I posted about this some time ago, so I'll bump that post.

http://www.quitsmoking.com/bbs.htm

~Lena.
Free Since October 7, 2009

Posted Image

http://www.sparkleta...eFree/?key=1810

Posted Image

#2 landofoz

landofoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

Thanks to both for the posts. I'm not interested in NRT for myself since my body is nicotine-free, but my husband has expressed some interest in quitting. (He's cut way down, which I think would be harder than quitting!) I ordered him a sample. Thanks for the heads up; NRT is expensive, and I don't think either of us would be all that willing to use it if we had to pay for it. Too bad they recommend 9 pieces per day; 20 pieces is just a 2 day supply then! We'll see.

Posted Image

#3 Guest_Alley_D_*

Guest_Alley_D_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

When I was half-heartedly trying to quit again over a three year long relapse, I must have spent about 300+ bucks on lozenges and gums. Man, I wish I would have remembered the CORRECT way to quit a little earlier... Anyway, water under the bridge, I guess.

On topic: 20 pieces should last about two or three days, yeah. That's not very many... I would go through a ten-strip in about a day and a half, I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users