• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Anarckitty

Anarckitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:43 AM

I was just channel surfing and came across an infomercial about the product Smoke Remedy. I checked out the website, and saw that it's like $130 something dollars.

Has anyone had any experience with this product? I'm kind of curious to try it out, but it is a relatively huge chunk of money to be shelling out at once....although if it really works as well as it claims to then it's worth it.

I would appreciate any feedback.

#2 Rete648

Rete648

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationWestchester County, NY

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:17 PM

I was just channel surfing and came across an infomercial about the product Smoke Remedy. I checked out the website, and saw that it's like $130 something dollars.

Has anyone had any experience with this product? I'm kind of curious to try it out, but it is a relatively huge chunk of money to be shelling out at once....although if it really works as well as it claims to then it's worth it.

I can't give you feedback on the product you are asking about but I can give you feedback on quitting.

There is no gimmick out there on the market that will guarantee your quit. To have a successful quit you need motivation, determination, willpower, perservance, emotional strength, and a good support system. You can't buy any of those things. You can buy nicoderm, nicogum, chantix or zyban but those things won't make you quit. They will only help you ease some of the symptoms of your quit, i.e. anxiety, severity of craves, etc.

Hey if you have the money to try that, send it my way, and I will be on your back 24/7 to help you quit.
After 45 years,

Posted Image
But What a Feeling of Accomplishment When You Achieve Something Hard to Do.
Hey Pop ... I'm Trying Again; Come Sit On My Shoulder.

#3 Stephanie

Stephanie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,108 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:30 PM

I would not waste the cash. If a total miracle was out there doctors would prescribe it and there is not a total miracle out there. The only miracle is the power within you to do this thing.

Steph
We are all Brothers
None goes his way alone
What we bring into the lives of others
Comes back into our own

my first free moment was 10/18/05 at 11:58 pm.
a very fine moment, and I did not even know it then.

#4 cookielinda

cookielinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

I would do some research on this board and see how many people quit with "smoke remedy" vs the patch, lozenge, welbutrin, chantix, cold turkey, nicotine gum, zyban or a combination. I would go with a proven winner.
I promise you that a day will come when you will be comfortable in your own body. I promise you that a day will come when your brain will heal. Never take another puff. Your a puff away from a pack a day.
Quit date April 28, 2008

#5 lemonhead816

lemonhead816

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:11 PM

[

Hey if you have the money to try that, send it my way, and I will be on your back 24/7 to help you quit.

now that made me giggle :wink: But don't fall for it, you can totally get it for free!!
Live,laugh,love

Quit smoking 04/01/2009

#6 Mountain

Mountain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationCentral Connecticut

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

"My father once told me,'If a man walks in and sells you a solid gold watch for ten cents, chances are you'll wind up with a watch that isn't worth a dime.' "

(Damon Runyon Sarah Brown, Guys and Dolls)
........................Mountain

...... Smoked for over 45 years - not any more

"IF I HAVE JUST ONE, I'LL BE BACK WHERE I STARTED.
WHERE I STARTED WAS DESPERATELY WISHING I WAS WHERE I AM TODAY"
Author Unknown

#7 Rain Forest

Rain Forest

Ash Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

Hello Anarckitty,

Here is the truth:

Nothing is gonna make you stop smoking except for you. There are things you can get to help you along, be it Chantix, the patch, lozenges, etc., but the reality is that even when you are on these NRT's, you are still gonna want to smoke, especially the first week. Yes, these products make it a little easier, but you still have to fight. Nothing is out there that will help you to stop smoking easily, there's no such thing.

As for this Smoke Remedy, I did go and check out their site. It basically sounded like a homeopathic medicine.. I have no idea if it works at all, but if it does work, it won't work any better than the medications I've already listed above.

If you want to quit smoking, one of the best things you can do is to check out the www.whyquit.com website, you'll get answers to practically everything that you're wondering about your addiction.

event.png

Freedom date: May 13, 2009

I oftentimes say I'm leaving here.  Jan says:

"She always says that. She's got her fingers crossed behind her back."

Jan is right... lol

#8 exsmoker78

exsmoker78

• NEWLY_REGISTERED
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:14 PM

YOU KNOW THE THING THAT REALLY GETS ME IS THAT 98% OF THE PEOPLE WHO TALK NEGATIVELY ABOUT SMOKE REMEDY HAVE NEVER TRIED IT OR DIDN'T FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS CORRECTLY. JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS "HOMEOPATHIC" DOESN'T MEAN IT WONT WORK. AND UNFORTUNATELY PEOPLE LISTEN TO PEOPLE THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW OR KNOW IF THEY HAVE ACTUALLY TRIED IT. MY ADVICE, TRY IT FOR YOURSELF. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY "YOU" WILL KNOW IF IT WORKS. I HAVE PERSONALLY USED THE PRODUCT AND IT DOES GET YOU THROUGH THE TOUGH TIMES AND THE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS. THE THING IS NOT A MIRACLE IN A BOTTLE BUT NOTHING REALLY IS. BUT THE FACTS ARE SIMPLE, MEDICATIONS THAT LIST DEATH OR SUICIDAL THOUGHTS ARE NOT GOOD PRODUCTS. THE PATCH,GUM'S,LOZENGES, OR OTHER REPLACEMENT METHODS ARE B.S. THEY ARE PUT OUT BY TOBACCO CO'S AS A "GOOD FAITH" WAY FOR YOU TO QUIT SOMETHING THEY GOT YOU ADDICTED TOO. THE SAD THING IS IN FINE PRINT THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU ONLY STAND A 40% CHANCE OF QUITTING AND THAT'S "ONLY" IF YOU DO ALL THE OTHER BELLS AND WHISTLES THAT GO ALONG WITH THE PROGRAM. SO THAT MEANS THE TOBACCO CO'S HAVE A 60% CHANCE THAT YOU ARE COMING BACK TO THEM AS A CUSTOMER. WHO ARE YOU GOING TO PUT YOUR MONEY ON? AND THEY STILL ARE GETTING YOUR MONEY WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO QUIT. SURE IT MAY WORK FOR SOME PEOPLE BUT THEY USUALLY END UP SMOKING AGAIN IN A YEAR OR TWO ANYWAY. HYPNOSIS,ACUPUNCTURE,LASER TREATMENTS(???) ARE ALL TEMPORARY. HONESTLY, IF I DIDNT "ACTUALLY" KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE USED THIS PRODUCT AND HAVE BEEN VERY SUCCESSFUL USING THE PRODUCT I WOULDN'T HAVE SPENT THE TIME TO WRITE THIS. BUT I DO BELIEVE IN THIS PRODUCT AND THE RESULTS YOU WILL SEE AS LONG AS YOU USE IT AS DIRECTED, HAVE A DESIRE TO "REALLY" QUIT SMOKING AND DON'T "CHEAT" BY SMOKING HERE AND THERE YOU TOO CAN BE VERY SUCCESSFUL AND FINALLY GIVE UP A HABIT THAT IS ONLY KILLING YOU AND YOUR FINANCES! AND ASK YOURSELF THIS, OF ALL THE THINGS YOU MAY HAVE TRIED, HOW MANY GAVE U ANY TYPE OF GUARANTEE THAT IT WOULD WORK AND GAVE YOU ALL THE MONEY YOU INVESTED IN THEIR METHODS IF YOU WEREN'T HAPPY? ANSWER= NOT ONE!!WITH THIS PRODUCT THE ONLY THING YOU WILL LOSE IS YOUR HABIT TO NICOTINE AND TOBACCO. GIVE IT A SHOT,YOU WONT BE SORRY YOU DID!!

#9 bunny23

bunny23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

Don't buy it.. I know this is an old thread but just in case someone checks this before purchasing. This is a scam. You want to go homeopathic... go right ahead, have someone make you a formula. Look this up online and see the ingredients, some are unsafe and mimic nicotine. Also getting your money back or cancelling your order? Forget about it. Hubby got this last year and it was like water, we followed directions, it didn't work at all.
On top of it we had to call then, swear to God, EVERY HOUR from 8am-10pm to cancel the thing for 2 days. No one would refund our money. I had to go down to my bank and file a formal investigation to get our money back.
Stay away.

#10 Stuckingeorgia

Stuckingeorgia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

Do sales people for this crud just sit here ready to advertise or what?

(not referring to OP)
"Say, we can act if want to
If we don't nobody will
And you can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile"

#11 jwg

jwg

Invisible Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Locationsomeplace in the clouds

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:25 PM

how could this thread have 11,157 views,,
seems odd
`jwg`

#12 TMcGee

TMcGee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,691 posts
  • LocationEncinitas, California

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:34 PM

Must've been "hit" by "bots" trying to increase the rankings in search engines for this "Smoke Remedy" scam.

Certainly it didn't get over 11,100 views by our members.

This nearly year-old thread would seem to be one of those threads that need to be moved to "Pointless."
:wink: :D

Skip
Quit July 15, 2007

#13 deb101

deb101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:39 AM

These type of products and what they stand for upsets me. The only people that make the purchases are desperate and the sellers prey on the desperate, the same way the quick weight loss products with the magic pill that allows you to eat whatever you want and still lose weight, the magic wrinkle removers, etc. All designed to appeal to what we don't like about ourselves, and all allowed to be infomercials with respectable appearing persons assuring you of the legitimacy of the product and don't forget the famous money back guarantees (that do not exist) with all these products placing the desperate buyer on auto ship and billing the credit card months after the buyer has called and written, and cancelled and cancelled, etc. One of the old scams that comes to my mind was over 20 years ago and hopefully I will not offend anyone on the board as I explain. The advertisement was in very known and read magazines and what is was - was a guarantee of ladies increasing their bust size by up to 2 cup sizes without taking any medications or doing anything except ordering this of course - Money back guaranteed product for $19.95. When the product arrived in a plain large envelope it was an 8X10 photograph of a man's hand. Wow, could have snapped that pic for free. Along with the photo came a fairly graphic paragraph of instructions. I knew of at least 10 who ordered, no, not me, but if I would have needed I probably would have fallen for it too! When, of course, they requested a refund, a refund never came. When the company was reported for mail fraud it was dismissed because the seller did, in fact, provide something to the buyer for $19.95 and in the money back guarantee in small print they listed that all instructions had to be carefully followed to be able to claim the product did not work. So, I guess when we want something bad enough it is easier to try to convince ourselves that there is an easy fix. We all know there is not. To lose weight, unless you are ill, you must reduce your calorie intake and preferably increase your exercise. To quit smoking - no magic smoke remedy. We just have to want it badly enough to make it happen. As far as the wrinkles and quick fixes - I know that if people like Pricilla Presley with all the money in the world wind up looking like she does - I don't think a quick trip across the border into Mexico would turn out great for me, lol. As far as the 8X10 photos of a man's hand that were in some of my friend's possession for years - gave us all a good laugh for many years and made us much more difficult to scam. I will not smoke today,

Deb
Quit Date June 3rd, 2011

#14 Roland

Roland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:18 AM

JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS "HOMEOPATHIC" DOESN'T MEAN IT WONT WORK. !

Um, yes it does, unless there is simply a placebo effect. Homeopathy is a fraud, pure and simple.
http://www.quackwatc... ... homeo.html
(And about 1,000,000 other sites I can't be bothered to list.)

exsmoker78 should be banned for shilling this rubbish.

Cheers
Roland
Posted Image
The data above is for myself and my lovely wife, combined. So far we've spent about $1.2K on e-cig supplies.

#15 stormy

stormy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • quitdate:
    2010-10-22
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:16 AM

A girl that I work with just bought this, but she hasn't tried it yet. Her husband quit using this, but his friend that used this didn't quit. I am not familiar with it, but it might help, but with anything, I think that you have to really want to quit smoking.

If you use it - you need to keep us informed.

#16 SimplySimon

SimplySimon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:51 AM

I'm gonna go with the consensus of real research on the subject and say that when homeopathy occasionally works, as it occasionally does...it's by accident.

Placebos do sometimes work.

Other factors are in play.

Just because something is homeopathic doesn't guarantee it won't work but...any time it DOES work, tap water would have done just as well.

In any case- the best science in the world, and the combined experience of all the smokers I know come to the same conclusion: YOU have to quit smoking.

Or you won't.

Use the product that you like best. Use nothing. Use one of everything.

But it doesn't matter too much.

If you don't have a strong desire to quit smoking, then you keep smoking. If you DO have a strong desire to quit smoking, then the product you choose will work. End of story. :-)

SS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users