N.O.P.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts
  • quitdate:
    03/02/08
  • LocationUSA - Kansas

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:59 PM

Having a ‘signature’ at QSMB is totally optional.

However, once you quit, you might want to put your quit date in your QSMB signature.
To do this, select the “USER CONTROL PANEL” in the upper left hand corner of the screen (right below ‘board index’).
Select the “PROFILE” tab.
Select “EDIT SIGNATURE”.
Enter something like “Quit Date __________ “ (fill the blank with YOUR quit date).
If your QSMB profile name is not your real name AND if you would like to share your real name, consider adding it to your signature, too.
If you would like to include a quit meter/quit counter image, you can paste it here, too.

There are many Quit Meter/Quit Counters available at: http://whyquit.com/w...nksDMeters.html

One of the most popular meters currently being used in signatures at QSMB is located at the following link:
http://www.smokefreequitmeter.com/

As a warning, this quit meter site also promotes e-cigarettes. QSMB's intention is NOT to promote any site selling products.
Further, as of May 4, 2009, this free quit meter site is experiencing technical difficulties which is preventing stats from being displayed in signatures for those who have chosen to use this meter.

If you still choose to use this meter, just fill in the information requested at this link, then select “CREATE THE BANNER”.
COPY the portion of the “BBCODE” between the two . You do not need the “url” portion.
For example: [img]http://smokefreequitmeter.com/index.php/main/banner/41643.png
PASTE your quit meter image into your QSMB signature.

When done entering your information, select “PREVIEW” to see what it will look like.
When it looks good to you, select “SUBMIT”.
Your signature will now show up on all your posts.

• lainey lou likes this

#2 laterbloomer

laterbloomer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:17 PM

Thank you. I tried it. Let's see how succesful I was. :D
  • james11 likes this
Posted Image

#3 patti1953

patti1953

N.O.P.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts
  • quitdate:
    03/02/08
  • LocationUSA - Kansas

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

Yeah LB,
Looking good 8)
Keep the quit !!! Not One Puff !!!
Take care of you, Patti
Not One Puff since March 2, 2008

#4 CarsonsGran

CarsonsGran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • LocationDallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, TX

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

Well, I tried the Quitmeter thingy again. This has been so frustrating that my straw has teethmarks in it! I may have to give up trying on the meter and the avatar or go back to smoking again. (only kidding) But with emotions already on a roller coaster, who needs this frustration. :(
VEE

QUIT DATE: 3/18/09

", , , eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, . . . be watchful in your States as well as in the Federal Government." -- Andrew Jackson, 3/4/1837 (excerpt)

#5 patti1953

patti1953

N.O.P.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts
  • quitdate:
    03/02/08
  • LocationUSA - Kansas

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

Posted Image

You are almost there.....

In your QSMB signature box....

Put on the front end, right before http.

Then put on the back end, right after png
Take care of you, Patti

#6 CarsonsGran

CarsonsGran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

Forget it. Maybe it's because I have Microsoft's most wonderful new yuckky program, Vista. It's okay, I'm just anal about wanting things done and it's frustrating because I am not an imbecile and use databases, powerpoint, etc. every day - self taught too. So....such is life.
VEE

", , , eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, . . . be watchful in your States as well as in the Federal Government." -- Andrew Jackson, 3/4/1837 (excerpt)

#7 April

April

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,730 posts
  • quitdate:
    10/20/2007

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

-

#8 TMcGee

TMcGee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,691 posts
  • LocationEncinitas, California

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

It WAS there... I saw it, too! :wink:

It just needed to be edited to reflect the number of cigarettes and dollars.

CarsonsGran ALMOST got it! :D

Skip
Quit July 15, 2007

#9 April

April

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,730 posts
  • quitdate:
    10/20/2007

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

-

#10 cister

cister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Location"Twilight Zone" WA State

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

I think at least some of the quitmeter issue is because they've changed it some. I can get it made and copied to my profile, but it doesn't do the stats. New and improved and now they have an e-cig sponsor... Can you see the little check box (already checked, of course) right next to the "Create Banner" button?
AFTER nearly 50 YEARS...
Quit date 11/18/2008

#11 CarsonsGran

CarsonsGran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:01 PM

Thank you everyone for your concern and suggestions. Yep, I can get the banner that says how many days, but it doesn't compute the # of cigarettes and $ saved. I saw the little box by the CREATE THE BANNER box - I've checked it and unchecked it but nothing changes. I've seen some "newbies" with a complete banner, so I'm guessing it could be Vista or some other silly thing.

Again, thank you every so much. So it's on to other things such as do the dishes, complete my disability form so I don't go broke during my surgical recovery, etc.

Posted Image
VEE

#12 laterbloomer

laterbloomer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

bump
Posted Image

#13 ronica

ronica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:38 PM

I have Vista, too and mine isn't showing up either. Oh, well I 'll let my wallet do the talking!

Posted Image

#14 cookielinda

cookielinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:47 PM

Thank you everyone for your concern and suggestions. Yep, I can get the banner that says how many days, but it doesn't compute the # of cigarettes and $ saved. I saw the little box by the CREATE THE BANNER box - I've checked it and unchecked it but nothing changes. I've seen some "newbies" with a complete banner, so I'm guessing it could be Vista or some other silly thing.

Again, thank you every so much. So it's on to other things such as do the dishes, complete my disability form so I don't go broke during my surgical recovery, etc.

Posted Image

I have Vista and use the Silk Quit Meter.
http://www.whyquit.c...nksDMeters.html
Once you set it up, its on the bottom of the screen and the seconds are counting. To paste the info to the message board you left click and then paste it. Its real easy. I'm not real computer smart.
I promise you that a day will come when you will be comfortable in your own body. I promise you that a day will come when your brain will heal. Never take another puff. Your a puff away from a pack a day.
Quit date April 28, 2008

#15 patti1953

patti1953

N.O.P.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts
  • quitdate:
    03/02/08
  • LocationUSA - Kansas

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

I live by the philosophy that "it never hurts to ask". So, I sent the following e-mail this morning. Fingers crossed that I hear something back soon. I'll let you know if I do.

To Josh or whoever administers the webpage for the SmokeFree Quit Meter Banner:

I am a member of the “Quit Smoking Message Board” at http://www.quitsmokingmessageboard.com. Many of the folks there use your banner and include it in their signatures. We found that this banner works for everyone who has tried it EXCEPT for those people on MS VISTA. For those on VISTA, the dollars saved and the cigarettes avoided always say “0” (zero). Plus, the banner does not retain the icon chosen.

I am hopeful that this issue can be resolved soon. Please advise.
Thanks much,
Patti

Take care of you, Patti

#16 patti1953

patti1953

N.O.P.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts
  • quitdate:
    03/02/08
  • LocationUSA - Kansas

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

FYI

Thank you for pointing out the issue with Vista users. I will look into the problem and attempt to determine why the form is not submitting properly. I will have to aquire access to a computer with Windows Vista running so it may be a short period of time before I can get this problem resolved but know that the issue has been noted and I will begin resolving it as soon as possible.

Thanks again,
Josh

Take care of you, Patti

#17 cister

cister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Location"Twilight Zone" WA State

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:19 PM

'Way to go Patti! Would you mind letting him know that the same thing happens on a Mac?
AFTER nearly 50 YEARS...
Quit date 11/18/2008

#18 patti1953

patti1953

N.O.P.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts
  • quitdate:
    03/02/08
  • LocationUSA - Kansas

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:14 PM

The most popular quit meter used here is currently having technical difficulties for several folks. It was also recently pointed out that this particular quit meter web site sells products like the electronic cig. We really have no intention of promoting any web site's products here.

This particular topic is linked from the NEWBIE PACKAGE. I updated this topic last night to include the following verbiage. It is still up to all of you as to whether you want to continue to use this particular quit meter or to change to a different one.

There are many Quit Meter/Quit Counters available at: http://whyquit.com/w...nksDMeters.html

One of the most popular meters currently being used in signatures at QSMB is located at the following link:
http://www.smokefreequitmeter.com/

As a warning, this quit meter site also promotes e-cigarettes. QSMB's intention is NOT to promote any site selling products.
Further, as of May 4, 2009, this free quit meter site is experiencing technical difficulties which is preventing stats from being displayed in signatures for those who have chosen to use this meter.

Take care of you, Patti

#19 Guest_BooBoo0413_*

Guest_BooBoo0413_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

Bump!

#20 Becky

Becky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip