#1 bluechamomile

bluechamomile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew Bern NC

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:47 PM

Hey there :?: Has anyone tried the gum or lozenges to assist in quitting?? How did it work?? I found several places online that sells the generic Nicorette gum for $13.95 for 96 pieces what a great price at Malwart it's about $30.-40. So, I want to order some I suppose ANYTHING would help, huh??

#2 cookielinda

cookielinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:55 PM

Dear Blue,
Welcome to the board. My mama is 77 and smoked 57 years and quit ten months ago using the lozenges. She had a comfortable quit. I used the patch when I quit ten months ago. I've never tried the gum but maybe someone else has.
I promise you that a day will come when you will be comfortable in your own body. I promise you that a day will come when your brain will heal. Never take another puff. Your a puff away from a pack a day.
Quit date April 28, 2008

#3 Brat

Brat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationSwamp: South Louisiana

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:29 AM

I'm using the Sam's Club brand of nicotine gum. It was a good $15 less expensive than Nicorette. I got the fruit flavored ones, and I have no clue why people say the gum tastes nasty, it really doesn't. Anyway, the gum has helped me to NOT smoke a cig since 1am almost 7 days ago.
Mustang junkie.
Go RAIDERS!!!!
Quit 3/22/09

#4 RedBedHead

RedBedHead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:05 PM

I'm using the lozenges and have had NO severe cravings at all. I was a smoker for 16 years and quitting has honestly not been difficult. I know the lozenges are helping me through. The hard part is going to be that I have become addicted to them, lol.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users